US metallers Origin have posted the following statement on their MySpace blog:

"Origin and Extreme Management Group, Inc. are proud to announce the first set of dates for Origin's 2010 spring/summer tour campaign.

Origin will be visiting Australia and New Zealand for the first time ever and will also be returning to Europe. We can not wait to return to our European friends and fans, and look forward to meeting new people in Australia and New Zealand.

As it's been speculated elsewhere, James Lee is no longer a part or Origin. After 9 plus years with the band, it unfortunately came time for Lee and Origin to part ways.

On these tours, please welcome to the stage Mica "Maniac" Meneke (Sol Asunder, Ontogeny, The Faceless, Legion Victorious) on vocals. We are confident that Origin will raise the bar in 2010. We have a few surprises in store, so get ready."

Sincerely, Origin and Extreme Management."

(Also thanks to Dangerboner)

Source: blogs.myspace.com
Band profile: Origin

Posted: 18.02.2010 by BudDa

Comments

Troy Killjoy - 19.02.2010 at 00:21
Balls! I'm a big fan of his vocals. Of the various bands the new vocalist has been with, I've only heard The Faceless, and I didn't enjoy what I heard. It'll be interesting to see where they go with this.
BenWasHere - 19.02.2010 at 05:01
At first i was like
then I read who was replacing him and i was like
BudDa - 19.02.2010 at 06:50
Written by Troy Killjoy on 19.02.2010 at 00:21

U and me both..
Vitriolic Hate - 19.02.2010 at 14:16
Probably they will be brutal as once before
Thryce - 20.02.2010 at 11:08
Good luck replacing this guy.

Meneke will only be a temporary touring member, right?
worm_is_gloaming - 20.02.2010 at 23:21
Fuck. This is unfortunate. "Freight train" James is irreplaceable, that's some mighty big shoes for Origin to fill. Drank and hung out with him a couple times after shows, great down to earth fellow, no bullshit and no primadonna shit, just fucking death metal all the fucking time. That is the way it got to be.
Dangerboner - 22.02.2010 at 06:27
Written by Thryce on 20.02.2010 at 11:08

Good luck replacing this guy.

Meneke will only be a temporary touring member, right?

Yeah I'm pretty sure... or at least hoping he's only temporary. If they do what bands like Cryptopsy, Lamb of God, and Psycroptic have been doing, I'll just be sad. Those shouty vocals are really trendy in extreme metal nowadays, so I won't be surprised, even though I can't imagine how it'll work with their current sound.

It's gonna be hard replacing James' crazy high shrieks.

News Darkseed - Part Ways With Vocalist, Replacement Announced 10 05.01.2012 by Milena
News Candlemass - Part Ways With Vocalist, Replacement Announced 10 02.06.2012 by Arcticus
News Spiritual Beggars - Part Ways With Vocalist, Replacement Announced & New Song Sample Online 10 07.06.2010 by Jan
News Dead By April - Part Ways With Vocalist, Replacement Announced 10 19.03.2013 by ScottyM
News Halcyon Way - Part Ways With Vocalist, Replacement Announced 10 11.09.2009 by Black Conundrum