MetalSucks.net is teaming up with Metal Blade Records and The Ocean to exclusively stream Heliocentric in its entirety on Thursday, April 8th through Friday, April 9th (lasting through 11:59pm EDT). Head over here to stream the album.

The Ocean is releasing two albums in 2010 - the first being Heliocentric, which streets on April 13th, and the second being Anthropocentric, due out in autumn 2010. The concept at the base of both albums is a critique of Christianity from different philosophical and personal angles.

Source: metalblade.com
Band profile: The Ocean

Posted: 09.04.2010 by BudDa

Comments

Uirapuru - 09.04.2010 at 15:30
Should be already here by now. Im crazy to check them out.
MeloDeathViking - 09.04.2010 at 17:43
Unless these last 4 songs really blow me away, this may go down as the biggest disappointment of 2010. I LOVE Precambrian and was expecting big things, but it's clear that when the old singer left, so did the quality of the band.
Thanntos - 09.04.2010 at 19:09
Reading a lot of negative things about this release, except from people are are actually huge fans of The Ocean and not just passerby listeners, which say it is incredibly good. I LOVE The Ocean, and my copy of Helio is coming soon, so I cant wait to judge it myself.

No listening to the stream, waiting for my hard copy
MeloDeathViking - 09.04.2010 at 20:13
Written by Thanntos on 09.04.2010 at 19:09

No listening to the stream, waiting for my hard copy

I have Fluxion and Precambrian which I think are both really good albums, and I plan on getting Aeolian soon because I like what I've heard of it. So I consider myself a fan and not just a passerby. I think if you can get used to the new vocals, you'll probably like the album. I'm just don't dig them, but maybe they'll grow on me with more listens. I'm glad the preorder comes with a shirt, cause otherwise I'd be really disappointed when my preorder arrives.
Metal Maiden - 10.04.2010 at 00:25
I love Fogdiver, Fluxeon, Aeolian and Precambrian...The new vocals - I don't like...
Thanntos - 10.04.2010 at 04:23
Written by MeloDeathViking on 09.04.2010 at 20:13

Written by Thanntos on 09.04.2010 at 19:09

No listening to the stream, waiting for my hard copy

Pretty much all albums in The Oceans disco are incredibly different. So just think of this new album not as a regression in sound, but a different style. Flux is totally different then Aeolian, which is completely different from Precambrian. I excepted this to be totally different as well, so I'm excited to hear it. For the most part though, the band themselves said that Anthropocentric will be one of their heaviest albums yet. Which is very exciting to hear since Aeolian was heavy and raw as hell, so epic. Can't wait to hear new singers growls on that.

And I agree with you about the pre-order, if I do end up not liking it, least I can say 'I listened to this crappy album and all I got was this t-shirt'

News The Ocean - To Release New Album In April 9 18.12.2012 by benvolent
News The Gathering - Entire New Album Available For Streaming Today Only 8.5 24.08.2012 by Sworn
News Wolves In The Throne Room - Streaming Full New Album 7 02.07.2014 by Lit.
News Bring Me The Horizon - New Album Available For Streaming 7 02.03.2013 by Cynic Metalhead
News Before The Dawn - New Album Streaming Online 7 20.04.2012 by Troy Killjoy