British extreme metallers Cradle Of Filth will release their new album, All Hallows Eve, in October via Peaceville Records on the band's own AbraCadaver imprint. The group will enter Monkey Puzzle studios near Bury St Edmunds in Suffolk this month to start work on the follow-up to 2008's Godspeed On The Devil's Thunder.

Cradle Of Filth remain stalwarts to the satanic horror ethos by again composing a full-blown concept album, this time based on Adam's first wife, the lascivious Demoness Lilith; throwing Medieval nuns, Knights Templars, Greek mythology and lashings of sex, occult lore and violent bloodshed into the smelting pot, to create a darkly erotic nightmare set to their unique scope of supreme vampyric metal.

For this release, the band wanted mastery of their own destiny, choosing to release the album on their very own AbraCadaver label in conjunction with Peaceville Records, home to such illicit luminaries as Darkthrone, Katatonia, My Dying Bride, Bloodbath and Gallhammer, among many others. Vocalist Dani Filth has described the move as being "a choice to move away from the artistic restrictions/mindless inhibitions imposed by dwelling on a major label" and cites the current financial clime as "the perfect opportunity to start doing things our own way again, with the added benefit of being a far bigger fish in a proverbial pool, surrounded by people who have been handpicked to get the job best done. And more importantly... who still are hungry for the taste of music."

Having recently published the long-awaited Gospel Of Filth grimoire of all things ghastly and ghoulish, the band will finish the new album, undertake its heavy press schedule and then embark on a full world tour in its support.

Source: peaceville.com
Band profile: Cradle Of Filth

Posted: 29.04.2010 by Thryce

Comments

Troy Killjoy - 29.04.2010 at 16:32
This new direction sounds arousing. We'll see how it plays out when all is said and done.
Warman - 29.04.2010 at 17:11
Can't wait!
MétalNoir - 29.04.2010 at 17:39
If All Hallows Eve is another step in the good direction, it will probably be COF's best album to date! Can't wait!!!
Windrider - 29.04.2010 at 17:54
Yeeahhh!!! can't wait!!! hope it will be like they said, Godspeed only extremer
BudDa - 29.04.2010 at 18:35
Wait..Just Hold on a min. Adam's first wife was Lilith??!
I didn't even know he had a wife..let alone a first..
Vonpire - 29.04.2010 at 18:56
I can't wait also.
AngelofDeth - 29.04.2010 at 19:39
Gonna be pretty interesting. i wasnt really into Godspeed but im hopeful for this album
Andresopeth - 29.04.2010 at 21:39
I am corious to hear this one, i didn't like Nymphetamine and Thornography that much but in Godspeed To The Devil's Thunder they had sort of improvement, let's how they manage.
Jonnz of Steel - 29.04.2010 at 21:47
This should be cool, was pleasantly surprised with Godspeed
insanity.peppers - 29.04.2010 at 22:52
Not that Im too keen on CoF, but I must say Im glad they've given the finger to Roadrunner Records. Losing them was a major loss for the company, and its clear they have too much of an influence in what the band puts on every album. Good work Dani, I suddenly like you a lttle more.
Darkside Momo - 29.04.2010 at 22:56
Written by BudDa on 29.04.2010 at 18:35

Wait..Just Hold on a min. Adam's first wife was Lilith??!
I didn't even know he had a wife..let alone a first..

Hummm... Eve?
Got Mayhem? - 29.04.2010 at 22:59
I'd like mine cooked Midian-rare or earlier please.
Roro - 29.04.2010 at 23:11
" to create a darkly erotic nightmare set to their unique scope of supreme vampyric metal"
lol ok
Paradox0 - 29.04.2010 at 23:16
Kind of makes me wonder if anything from damnation will be referenced. Overall sounds like an interesting idea, and if Godspeed was any indication, they've found a new direction
Vitriolic Hate - 29.04.2010 at 23:49
If it's like Godspeed On The Devil's Thunder then it will be cool!
-DC-002- - 30.04.2010 at 00:14
Written by Troy Killjoy on 29.04.2010 at 16:32

It's arousing? Are you getting a Musical Excitement Boner again?
Troy Killjoy - 30.04.2010 at 00:24
Written by -DC-002- on 30.04.2010 at 00:14

It's arousing? Are you getting a Musical Excitement Boner again?

It was a joke in response to the band statement. Apparently everything they do is just so erotic... I haven't been excited about a CoF release since forever, although I am more interested in this upcoming album with Godspeed under their belt.
Slayer666 - 30.04.2010 at 23:38
I'm exited as a little girl getting her first Barbie doll!!! Hell yeah, the only thing left to do is wait untill October..... Hm, now that I've said it, it sounds like a whole eternity away. And they fucked Roadrunner off! And a world-wide tour! I think I'm going to wet myself.
Black Conundrum - 01.05.2010 at 05:28
Written by BudDa on 29.04.2010 at 18:35

Wait..Just Hold on a min. Adam's first wife was Lilith??!
I didn't even know he had a wife..let alone a first..

Yeah, his wife was Eve. God put Adam in a deep sleep and took a rib out of him; that rib resulted in Eve. And I have heard about Adam having a first wife by the name of Lilith. She definitely has a bad reputation among groups of people, because she has been blamed for stuff like baby death during the course of history. Also, I find it worthy to point out that a Jew named Lilith is a very rare thing. Jews are one of the groups that look upon Lilith with curses. I'm guessing that Lilith had the power of seduction as well, if I am correct.
Lord_Regnier - 01.05.2010 at 07:56
Their poor imitation of black metal music sucks balls.
And Dani Filth can't sing for shit live nowadays. He's beyond awful.
Slayer666 - 01.05.2010 at 20:02
Written by Lord_Regnier on 01.05.2010 at 07:56

Their poor imitation of black metal music sucks balls.
And Dani Filth can't sing for shit live nowadays. He's beyond awful.

Nope. When they were performing live here, he was pretty solid. Not the best, but quite satisfying.
Poor imitation? Just how are they trying to "imitate" black metal? Do explain.
Lord_Regnier - 02.05.2010 at 16:51
Written by Slayer666 on 01.05.2010 at 20:02

Written by Lord_Regnier on 01.05.2010 at 07:56

Their poor imitation of black metal music sucks balls.
And Dani Filth can't sing for shit live nowadays. He's beyond awful.

Poor imitation? Just how are they trying to "imitate" black metal? Do explain.

I watched a few recent live videos and he was just plain awful.

As for the poor imitation, I meant that their crappy music for teenagers, with shitty harsh vocals sounding extremely forced and pathetic (and core-ish at times), is not Black Metal. Just some kind of mainstream modern wannabe extreme metal for schoolboys/schoolgirls who usually listen to metalcore or for goths.
By the way, they're sometimes labeled as extreme gothic metal.

We very often agree on bands but not here. From my point of view, CoF belongs exactly to the same category as modern Shittiricon: crappy mainstream metal.
Sworn - 03.05.2010 at 04:01
Peaceville signed this shitty band? what a shame.
SatyriconChick - 03.05.2010 at 05:25
"All Hallows Eve?" Oh, I definitely have to get this!
Dangerboner - 03.05.2010 at 05:29
I don't like the rape eyes those queens are giving me in that photo >:O
Slayer666 - 04.05.2010 at 17:37
Written by Lord_Regnier on 02.05.2010 at 16:51

Written by Slayer666 on 01.05.2010 at 20:02

Written by Lord_Regnier on 01.05.2010 at 07:56

Their poor imitation of black metal music sucks balls.
And Dani Filth can't sing for shit live nowadays. He's beyond awful.

Poor imitation? Just how are they trying to "imitate" black metal? Do explain.

Well, congratulations for discovering America there, Columbus. I don't know how many times people need to state this, when it's so obvious. Fuck, even the band members clearly state this on numerous ocassions.
Besides, if it's not Black than it's not good? Please.... Your arguments all boil down to "they're for mallgoths/angry teenagers" or whatever, without a single comment on the quality of the music itself. I dare you to find me a band that has music so deep and enchanting, lyrics so poetic and beautifull as Cradle had on Principle, Dusk, Cruelty, Damnation and maybe even Midian and Godspeed.
Holy Man - 04.05.2010 at 17:53
People will always have a stamp in their mind about what a band should sound like (based usually on that person's favorite album) and it's tough for an artist to get away from that. All in all, I'm stoked they're doing something new. I may or may not buy it, but I'll certainly listen to it before I bash any of it. I will agree that they need to do something that is consciously HEAVY more-so than arousing, haha. But if it's arousingly heavy... I"m down.

News Cradle Of Filth - To Release New Album In USA Via Nuclear Blast 10.5 09.07.2010 by
News Cradle Of Filth - Mixing New Album, Line Up Eight Album Reissues 9 21.06.2012 by Warman
News Cradle Of Filth - Unveil New Album Artwork 9 23.08.2012 by