Megadeth frontman Dave Mustaine dropped by the Megadeth Cyber Army chat room last Tuesday (November 16) for a special live chat with his fan club members. The following is an excerpt from the chat:

"So, right now I have Ken Eisennagel, you may remember him from the last two records doing engineering for all of the pre-production phases of Megadeth records? Well, he is here [Megadeth's studio - Vic's Garage] going over all of the new Megadeth stuff that I am working on... believe it or not we have five songs almost finished for the new Megs record already!"

Source: myspace.com
Band profile: Megadeth

Posted: 20.11.2010 by BudDa

Comments

Captain Obvious - 20.11.2010 at 17:44
Endgame was fucking amazing, the best 'deth record of the 00's imo. And now with Ellefson back in the band, I can honestly see them topping it.
vezzy - 20.11.2010 at 17:49
*ritual dance*
Angelic Storm - 20.11.2010 at 19:21
Written by Captain Obvious on 20.11.2010 at 17:44

Hopefully Dave will learn by his mistakes, and allow Jr. to have a more active role in creating the songs. I dont think Endgame was amazing, but it had it's heart in the right place at least. I dont think they'll ever record anything as vital as the first 4 albums again, but something of the high quality of "The System Has Failed" would be most welcome! xD
Kingface - 20.11.2010 at 19:27
Not gonna complain about new Megadeth material, but I'm disappointed with a few things from Megadeth as of late.

They haven't done any proper touring of the UK since Endgame was released, just a few festival apperances, so it's looking like most UK fans won't get the privilege of hearing Rust in Peace in it's entirety.

They've practically ignored Endgame material as if it's St. Anger or something. It's a good album, it's better than United Abominations, play some fucking songs from it! I will give them the fact that by having Headcrusher as a staple, they're choosing the best song from the new album.

Also, Holy Wars (Reprise) is fucking wank as a show closer.

But yeah, hopefully some proper UK touring sooner or later and hope the new album is great!
RafaRata - 20.11.2010 at 19:33
Awesome news!!!
Lit. - 20.11.2010 at 19:41
Awesome news!
If Endgame was the 00's RiP, let's hope for a Countdown to Extinction.
zomgmetal - 21.11.2010 at 01:19
They said that they wrote a lot of it while on the RiP Tour, so hopefully that'll show in the music =D
Captain Obvious - 21.11.2010 at 04:59
Written by Angelic Storm on 20.11.2010 at 19:21

Written by Captain Obvious on 20.11.2010 at 17:44

I dont think they'll ever record anything as vital as the first 4 albums again

Well in all honesty, anyone who thinks that they'll release something as good as Peace Sells or RIP is just setting their expectations way too high. It's kind of like when Metallica's Death Magnetic came out, everyone expected that to be as good as RTL or MOP, which is ridiculous, there's no way they would be able to even touch those masterpieces, no matter how good DM was.
Arcticus - 21.11.2010 at 11:54
Endgame is better than So Far So Good, but thats not saying much really (except for Darkest Hour). The new album will have very high expectations, but I think Dave x2 can pull it off.
Marcel Hubregtse - 21.11.2010 at 12:41
Written by Arcticus on 21.11.2010 at 11:54

Endgame doesn't even come close t So Far So Good So What.

endgame is a pointless exercise in showing off. It is rife with guitarsolos which are totally out of place. less soloing would have made Endgame a lot better and even then it doesn't come close to any of the first four or even The System Has Failes, r Coutndwon or Youthanasia.
Arcticus - 21.11.2010 at 17:22
Well Mr Hubregtse, you are more than entitled to your opinion, and I was simply stating mine. I find So Far So Good to be utterly subpar compared to the rest of their 80s stuff (and early 90s), and Endgame to be an excellent example of melodic thrash/heavy metal as only Megadeth can deliver...and I thoroughly enjoy the solos, I don't think they are out of place at all, and I definitely consider the album to be their best since Countdown. I know that some people agree with me, some don't, and that's fine - if everyone agreed on everything it would be a boring world indeed. So I'm looking forward to the new album, you apparently are not - hooray for everyone! By the way I knew someone would fire up about me saying that previous comment, thanks for fulfilling my expectation
SBGMetal - 21.11.2010 at 21:16
I hope its speed metal'ish
Opethian - 22.11.2010 at 00:10
Sighs
animal71 - 22.11.2010 at 02:15
The last 2 albums have been fuckin brilliant, i hope they keep it up!!!:banger2:
Daggon - 22.11.2010 at 09:56
Oh well, the last albums are full of boring songs, yeah, I know, they have their moments, but not a single solid album...
Don't know what to think about this one...
Yavanna - 23.11.2010 at 12:50
I just can't wait for the new album
MightyFuckinThor - 25.11.2010 at 02:34
Last time I read anything about Megadeth, Dave was stating Endgame to be the last album... So, apparently, I've missed a bit. I rather liked Endgame, but also found it to lack some of the crazy attitude from the earlier albums. I suppose that happens when you lay off the hard drugs. More power to Dave and the boys for working on new shit. I'll be happy to give it a listen.
Brutalhellblazer - 07.01.2011 at 04:51
Awesome news!
If Endgame was the 00's RiP, let's hope for a Countdown to Extinction.

Angelic Storm - 07.01.2011 at 07:32
Written by Captain Obvious on 21.11.2010 at 04:59

I dont think Im setting my expectations to high. With the "The System Has Failed" Dave showed he could make a vital Megadeth album again. Maybe still not as vital as the first 4, but still a great Megadeth album, that didnt completely eschew the 90's sound, but brought back some of the band's classic bite and aggression. He managed to make the 2 eras of Megadeth meet successfully, which resulted in a great Megadeth album. xD

As for "Death Magnetic", I never expected it to be as good as those albums, and of course it wasn't. But I certainly appreciated it and thought it was a decent, solid album, if far off from being a classic.
Night Sight - 18.03.2011 at 10:13
I didnt like endgame any more
that was not catchy as "Youthanasia"
their best album in my opinion
Void Eater - 19.03.2011 at 03:11
After Endgame, I have very high expectations for this... Let's hope that MegaDave and the Deth crew can deliver again.

News God Forbid - New Album In The Works 7 10.04.2010 by Uirapuru