Original news, posted on 28.11.2010

TheRave.com will be streaming Epica live in concert from The Rave/Eagles Club in Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA. The worldwide broadcast will begin at 8pm CDT (9pm Eastern/6pm Pacific/2a GMT) on Sunday, November 28th. The concert will also be rebroadcast at a later date to be determined. Scar Symmetry, Blackguard and The Agonist are also scheduled to be a part of the broadcast.

The stream is FREE for fans around the world to view from the comfort of their home computers. Visit this location to be a part of this exclusive event.

UPDATE [thanks to nb]

Tonight, TheRave.com will be rebroadcasting the November 28 Epica concert from The Rave/Eagles Club in Milwaukee, Wisconsin.

Details for the European webcast can be found here. Details for the North American webcast can be found here.

Source: therave.com
Band profile: Epica
Event: Epica: North American Tour

Posted: 13.12.2010 by Thryce

Comments

AngelofDeth - 28.11.2010 at 19:13
Thats pretty cool.
Carl Berg - 28.11.2010 at 19:15
Holy shit, another sleepless night!
Elodie Artour - 28.11.2010 at 20:02
If I survive until then, I'll definitely watch it!
dragonfire1603 - 28.11.2010 at 21:51
That's 03:00 in my timezone and I have to go to school tomorrow *sigh*
Anyway, who cares? I can sleep in school...
Abattoir - 28.11.2010 at 22:16
I'm glad that there is opportunity to see their live concert....yet I'm not sure I will be able to wait till 2 AM.
Elodie Artour - 28.11.2010 at 22:55
Written by dragonfire1603 on 28.11.2010 at 21:51

That's 03:00 in my timezone and I have to go to school tomorrow *sigh*
Anyway, who cares? I can sleep in school...

Wait a minute - shouldn't you wait until 2 am? The concert starts 1:00 am Greenwich time which means it must only begin an hour later in Switzerland. Am I right?

P.S.: I'm also planning to sleep at school.
Dark Blood - 29.11.2010 at 00:43
Sweet! I think I'll be able to see it on my work
=maD.Doc:. - 29.11.2010 at 02:04
Written by Elodie Artour on 28.11.2010 at 22:55

Written by dragonfire1603 on 28.11.2010 at 21:51

That's 03:00 in my timezone and I have to go to school tomorrow *sigh*
Anyway, who cares? I can sleep in school...

P.S.: I'm also planning to sleep at school.

The show starts 2 AM GMT So 3 AM CET.. I will so watch it, the two most beautiful women in metal (Simone Simons and Alissa White-Gluz)..
Elodie Artour - 29.11.2010 at 02:06
Thanks for the explanation!

I'm gonna watch it, too!
(Kepp your fingers crossed I don't yield to sleep. lol )
4look4rd - 29.11.2010 at 03:33
Written by =maD.Doc:. on 29.11.2010 at 02:04

the two most beautiful women in metal (Simone Simons and Alissa White-Gluz)..

Haha I always thought Alissa White-Gluz was the bastard child of Lady Gaga and Dani Filth
xclaw - 29.11.2010 at 06:23
Nice, caught this right when they were up. Score.
WorpeX - 29.11.2010 at 07:12
Can't hear the crowd at all, thats kind of annoying! Good stream otherwise.
dismaleuphony - 29.11.2010 at 08:18
Ahh they got "Tides Of Time" there, and a much better stage I think Epica was a bit tighter vocally last week and our crowd was much more over the top in Mass., but you can't beat a live webstream concert and with multiple cameras like this! Great
Elodie Artour - 29.11.2010 at 08:41
Good morning/afternoon/night, fellow Stormers!

Whew... Set is finally over!

Soo, The Agonist were pretty nice but they got zero attention. Next to appear were Blackguard and, trust me - it took me time to realize they are actually Profugus Mortis. Anyways, I find them decent, so I enjoyed their set, too. To be honest though, I found Scar Symmetry extremely boring. I mean, they were nice at times but as a whole, I didn't like them much, so I got bored at some point and simply stopped watching their set.

As for Epica... Well, I guess I don't have the right words to express myself. They were fuckin' AWESOME! Given I've never attended any of their live gigs, it was a pleasure for me to watch that concert.

(Killer) Setlist was something like:

Samadhi
Resign To Surrender
Sensorium
Fools Of Damnation
Unleashed
Martyr Of The Free Word
Cry For The Moon
Imperial March (a very funny one actually )
Tides Of Time (Yet again a breath-taking performance by Simone which made me cry...)
Blank Infinity (Another Epica favourite of mine, hehe.)

Encore:

Kingdom Of Heaven
Sancta Terra
Consing To Oblivion

Hope I haven't missed anything. It was nerve-wrecking to wait that long for Epica and I'm damn tired right now but I don't fucking care - their performance was worth the wait!

By the way, the crowd was extremely unsupportive to the warming-up acts, as well as too quite and unenthusiastic. (Or at least it seemed so...) However, live streaming was quite good.

I love Epica!

P.S.: Mark and Simone keep on acting as if they still date, haha.
Dark Blood - 29.11.2010 at 10:24
Very nice gig indeed!... As always. But I still prefer the one they did here.. cause I was there! Ahah
The setlist was sweet too. 'Martyr Of The Free Word' is a killer song! 'Tides Of Time' is a beautiful song, and I think it was Simone's best performance. Also loved 'Kingdom Of Heaven', probably because of the progressive elements of the song.
Carl Berg - 29.11.2010 at 13:34
Kind of ironic it's Ad Sluijter's birthday today.
Vonpire - 29.11.2010 at 13:52
Damn, how did i miss this... No one recorded????
CHEF METALHEAD - 29.11.2010 at 14:35
I watched the concert last night myself and I was very disappointed in Scar Symmetry and I'm a big fan of theirs. The vocals from them were awful !! They really need Christian Älvestam back in the band and I really don't see that happening anytime soon.

But Epica was amazing, great set list and the sound was good. Look forward seeing them here in a few weeks in Las Vegas.
nb - 29.11.2010 at 14:44
Can this still be seen somewhere?
Carl Berg - 29.11.2010 at 15:09
Written by nb on 29.11.2010 at 14:44

Can this still be seen somewhere?

Unless someone actually had a flash recorder and recorded the +-5 hours of streaming (which amounts to more than 10 GB) and had a fast enough PC to do it with, then no.
Elodie Artour - 30.11.2010 at 18:33
Written by nb on 29.11.2010 at 14:44

Can this still be seen somewhere?

On the website, it is stated that the concert is once again gonna be broadcast on another date which is (probably) yet to be announced.

Otherwise, I had forgotten to add "Mother Of Light" and "The Obsessive Devotion" to the setlist.
dismaleuphony - 07.12.2010 at 01:17
Just as a note to anyone who could be interested in watching it, it will be rebroadcast Sunday, December 12, 2010, according to an Epica update.
nb - 11.12.2010 at 19:53
Written by Vonpire on 29.11.2010 at 13:52

Damn, how did i miss this... No one recorded????

It will be rebroadcast tomorrow starting at 4pm CET and 6pm NY time.
Elodie Artour - 12.12.2010 at 23:02
@Thryce: You should thank me, my dearest. I was the one who told NB about the re-broadcast.

News Iced Earth - Free Live Webcast Tonight 7 16.07.2011 by Valentin B
News Darkest Hour/Born Of Osiris - Free Live Webcast Tonight 7 06.03.2011 by opeth771
News MaYaN - New Dutch And Belgian Live Shows 6 30.07.2011 by Unhealer
News Hammerfall - Live Webcast Tonight 5.5 16.03.2010 by JÄY
News Reminder: Opeth And Slipknot Live Webcast Tonight 5.5 10.07.2011 by Unhealer