Candlelight Records press release

The Meads Of Asphodel are proud to announce the online debut of "Life In The Shadows".

"Life In The Shadows" can be watched online at www.themeadsofasphodel.com.

"Life In The Shadows" explores the dark, complex world of underground English Black Metal band The Meads Of Asphodel. A band with convtroversial opinions, hidden identities and a determined rule that they will never play live.

The film shows the band at their most vulnerable, gaining exclusive access to the Meads world. Metatron explains his controversial lyrics and ideas on religion, J.D Tait guides us around the Meads' Bridge Gate Studios and Urakbarameel vents his annoyance at being labelled a 'Battle Metal' band.

Featuring interviews with Meads collaborator and Sigh frontman Mirai, plus comment and opinion from rock journalists Malcolm Dome and Jonathan Selzer. There's even a glimpse of that very rare beast... a live Meads performance.

The Murder Of Jesus The Jew is out now on Candlelight Records.

Source: candlelightrecords.co.uk
Band profile: The Meads Of Asphodel

Posted: 02.12.2010 by White Winter Sun

Comments

!J.O.O.E.! - 02.12.2010 at 21:20
Crap, I really need to get to a network that actually lets me stream youtube stuff at a decent speed.
Ellrohir - 02.12.2010 at 22:28
One of my favorite projects, regardless of what local music experts say
Vombatus - 03.12.2010 at 01:16
Interesting to see this kind of stuff from such an hermetic band. Up the meads !
Bad English - 03.12.2010 at 17:56
This film proves what I sad about band on Msv2 forums, long long ago in my early days in site realy it confirns it from own band members
!J.O.O.E.! - 04.12.2010 at 17:21
Written by Bad English on 03.12.2010 at 17:56

And what is it you said back then?

I thought it was a great documentary, it shows the band members to be very normal, down to earth guys. Metatron comes across as a little scary sometimes but that's probably because his voice sounds like it belongs to a skin head. And he's an Arsenal fan too, eww... but the guy is obviously very clever without being pretentious.

I also wondered about Metatron's view's on race, for some reason I thought he might be a little racist or something, perhaps because I read on his views on immigration somewhere (which I probably misunderstood) but given the drummer's ethnic background he obviously has no issues with race.

Anyway, was great to see Jonathan Selzer on it too.

News The Meads Of Asphodel - Band Update 7.5 04.04.2012 by !J.O.O.E.!
News The Meads Of Asphodel - New Album Details Revealed 7.5 03.01.2013 by !J.O.O.E.!
News The Meads Of Asphodel - Release Date Announced 7.5 01.09.2010 by Ellrohir
News The Wolves Of Avalon - Debut Album In April 7.5 27.03.2011 by !J.O.O.E.!
News The Meads Of Asphodel - Session Guitarist Huw Lloyd Langton Passes Away 7 08.12.2012 by Lit.