Blabbermouth is telling me that Godflesh mastermind Justin Broadrick has told Decibel Magazine that the band is slowly putting together ideas for a new studio album.

"It's something we're discussing all the time, and I do have bits and pieces of material," he said. "But it's something we'd really like to develop. It'd be quite easy to knock out eight to 10 in-character songs and release it as quickly as possible to capitalize on the popularity of the group, but it would feel entirely wrong. If it's another two years until another Godflesh record, so be it. The most important thing is making a record that stands up with the rest of the back catalogue. I do have this in me again, though."

Another extract of the interview with Justin Broadrick (where he talks about the band's reunion appearance at Hellfest) can be found here. The full interview can be read in the January issue of the magazine.

Source: decibelmagazine.com
Band profile: Godflesh

Posted: 05.12.2010 by Thryce

Comments

!J.O.O.E.! - 05.12.2010 at 15:30
Why did I get an update about this? I don't have Godflesh in my list. Great news though, and it's good to see Broadrick taking a sensible attitude toward the new material.
Kub - 05.12.2010 at 18:20
Wow, so the pigs will fly!
Great news. This world definitely needs another Godflesh LP!
BitterCOld - 06.12.2010 at 05:21
Glad he/they are going to take their time to do it right. i'd rather wait a coupe years for something on the caliber of Streetcleaner, Pure, or Selfless then get a Same Shit, Different Decade release churned out going through the motions.
tea[m]ster - 06.12.2010 at 09:34
Outstanding! But here's what worries me: How many more "ideas" can J.K. Broadrick have in his head? I mean he's put out a dozen or so EPs/LPs each for Godflesh/Jesu/Whatever Else Projects he was involved with. How can this not be some watered down, unoriginal, hom-hum heard it before product.
Bond Of Blood - 26.01.2011 at 07:54
It will be interesting to see what he comes up with

News Dimmu Borgir - Frontman Talks About Side-Project Chrome Division 5.5 23.08.2006 by ThunderAxe1989
News Insomnium - Information About New Material 5.5 28.07.2008 by selken
News Anubis Gate - Working On New Material 4 30.10.2009 by dismaleuphony
News Charred Walls Of The Damned - Working On New Material 4 05.01.2011 by Silent Jay
News Mortal Sin - Working On New Material 4 18.03.2009 by DrunkenFuck