Of Death, the new upcoming album of Norwegian blackened thrash metal Byfrost, will be released in June through AFM Records.

Two new tracks, entitled "Of Death" and "Buried Alive", are available for streaming over at MySpace.

The 8 track album, which is due for release on AFM Records in June in both CD and LP formats, was recorded at the Conclave & Earshot Studios in the band's home town of Bergen, Norway, and was produced by Enslaved's Herbrand Larsen together with Byfrost, and co-produced by Enslaved guitarist Ice Dale. Mastering was carried out by Knut Fug Prytz at the Magica Mastering Studio.

Artwork and Design are once again in the hands of Christian Sloan Hall, known for his work with bands like Dimmu Borgir and Slayer.

Of Death tracklist:

01. May the Dead Rise
02. Eye for an Eye
03. Buried Alive
04. Of Death
05. Full Force Rage
06. Shadow of Fear
07. Sorgh
08. All Gods are Gone

Source: myspace.com
Band profile: Byfrost

Posted: 22.05.2011 by K†ulu

Comments

Aetherius - 23.05.2011 at 00:04
HELL yeah, cant wait for this release!!
Pyramid God - 23.05.2011 at 00:41
The music ain't my cup o' tea (never liked thrash) but that album cover floats my boat.
Aetherius - 23.05.2011 at 06:30
Well, it isnt PURE thrash, but it has a lot of elements of the thrash genre! Some people might not agree, but I think these guys certainly have something in common with Immortal, Helheim, I, Enslaved, and others! To me its more like Black Heavy Metal, with the energy and influence of thrash
Mr. Doctor - 23.05.2011 at 09:02
Written by Aetherius on 23.05.2011 at 06:30

I also see a clear influence by Immortal. They are a pretty cool band. I really liked their debut.
I will just call them Thrash/Black Metal more to the black side though.

News Striker - Debut Album Details, Two New Songs Online 10 21.03.2010 by Black Conundrum
News Vektor - New Album Details Revealed, Two New Songs Online 10 06.10.2011 by Daniell
News The Batallion - New Album Details, Two New Songs Online 10 15.08.2010 by vezzy
News Ruins - New Album Details, Two New Songs Online 10 15.09.2009 by Derelict Earth
News Evile - Album Details And New Songs Online 8.5 04.07.2007 by White Winter Sun

Hits total: 1972 | This month: 20