Official press release

Finland is an evocative land. The very mention of it conjures visions of endless darkness, long, cold wintry nights and an almost oppressive bleakness. It is within this icy cauldron that the soul of Insomnium was borne.

Their music is as epic as it is melodic, as melancholic as it is majestic and as brutal as it is beautiful. To call Insomnium a Death Metal band is to do them a grave disservice. The upcoming album One For Sorrow is such an amalgamation of styles that pigeonholing them into a single category would be to rob the band of its true complexity and ignore the very essence of its sound.

Recalling art-metal titans Cult Of Luna at one turn and brutal visionaries Amon Amarth at others, One For Sorrow displays the true musical breadth of a band that has clearly come into its own on this, their debut album for Century Media. One For Sorrow will be released on October 12th in Finland, October 17th in the rest of Europe and October 18th in North America.

Guitarist Ville Friman comments on the album title: "The name One For Sorrow comes from a traditional children's nursery rhyme. There are ten different scenarios in the original rhyme; likewise there are ten different songs and stories on our album. I think One For Sorrow truly depicts what this album is all about: bereavement, grief and loss."

Right after the album's release Insomnium will tour Europe. Ville Friman comments: "We are very exited to finally do a headline tour for the first time in our career. This is a really big step for us and we will definitely bring our A-game. The new songs absolutely kill and we can't wait to play them live! It's also great to share this opportunity with two great Finnish bands Before The Dawn and MyGrain. Don't miss the fun and consider your livers warned: hangover unavoidable."

Vocalist Niilo Sevänen continues: "One For Sorrow is a truly epic album and the tour will surely be immense! We get to visit many of our favorite cities and meet the fans who have long waited for Insomnium headlining show. From London to Ljubljana we are looking forward to see you all!"

One For Sorrow European Tour 2011:

Band profile: Insomnium
Event: Insomnium: One For Sorrow European Tour 2011

Posted: 14.07.2011 by Kriegsphilosoph

Comments

DorianGray - 14.07.2011 at 21:18
Oh fuck yes !
Sweet mother of all the gods !

I am so going to be there in Rotterdam
BloodTears - 14.07.2011 at 21:45
They call that an European tour? Ok, I have to stop bitching about all these tours now
J. N. - 14.07.2011 at 21:52
Written by BloodTears on 14.07.2011 at 21:45

I'm raging as well, in the offline world!
I hope they'll do a part deux tour, including Scandinavia and more Europe.
BloodTears - 14.07.2011 at 22:01
Written by J. N. on 14.07.2011 at 21:52

Written by BloodTears on 14.07.2011 at 21:45

I'm raging as well, in the offline world!
I hope they'll do a part deux tour, including Scandinavia and more Europe.

I'm used to bands not touring Portugal, but I never stop complaining, not that I particularly like Insomnium even.

And then to call that an European tour... oh well. So I understand you, hang in there!
Milena - 14.07.2011 at 22:36
'The upcoming album One For Sorrow is such an amalgamation of styles that pigeonholing them into a single category would be to rob the band of its true complexity and ignore the very essence of its sound.'
I hate when labels say stuff like these. But Insomnium kicks ass. And what a package! Why, oh why, dom't they stop by
The Galactican - 15.07.2011 at 01:53
I am really looking forward to this album, but fuck that's one pretentious press release. *gag*
Being and Time - 15.07.2011 at 03:34
Sounds like a good tour. Before the Dawn and Insomnium...
Megi - 15.07.2011 at 10:08
EFF YES! What a birthday present
Milena - 15.07.2011 at 11:20
By the way, why do bands always seem to have at least four German dates? Here we have SEVEN.
Abattoir - 15.07.2011 at 12:18
It's quite suprising to see Slovenian date in this not very extensive tour...
Bad English - 15.07.2011 at 15:04
Written by BloodTears on 14.07.2011 at 21:45

haha indeed. so far non band maybe some 10% did so called Euro tours correct, its something German tour , nothing more
LordFezzington - 15.07.2011 at 23:53
They're playing the UK, so it's all fine with me!
Justicelust - 15.07.2011 at 23:57
I will sleep till then!
Amatsu Mikaboshi - 16.07.2011 at 20:06
One UK date?!? Kiss my dick.
Promonex - 16.07.2011 at 20:22
Written by Milena on 15.07.2011 at 11:20

The Germans have enough money to go to that many shows. Let alone the fact that they have most inhabitants in Europe. Still I was wondering as well why Germany gets so many shows compared to the UK and BeNeLux which have a higher population density and/or GNP, but I guess the following post from another thread might be the answer. It might be about festivals in particular, but the conclusion stands nonetheless.

Written by Mindheist on 15.07.2011 at 19:10

Good god ! Germany blows the rest of the world out of the water in terms of metal festivals. I'm not even going to comment on Wacken, but they are arguably and by far the most devoted country to metal on the planet.
Milena - 17.07.2011 at 17:26
Written by Promonex on 16.07.2011 at 20:22

Written by Milena on 15.07.2011 at 11:20

Written by Mindheist on 15.07.2011 at 19:10

That explains it. Don't get why people complain that the band isn't playing in their hometown. I'm lucky to get a date even in my country, and there's no venue in my city, so, shut up and drive, folks. Yeah, it's fuckin' expensive, but I'd rather spend money on metal shows than on clothes/dates, or even food
altercuca - 27.07.2011 at 09:43
FOR THE LOVE OF THE METAL GODS COME TO ROMANIA!!!! NAWWWW!

News Insomnium - US Tour With Katatonia, Scar Symmetry And Swallow The Sun 9 05.06.2007 by Asitis
News Gorgoroth - Team Up With Vader For Euro Tour; Album Release Delayed 8.5 21.06.2011 by corrupt
News The Ocean - New Album Details, European Tour Dates With Dillinger Escape Plan 8.5 26.08.2010 by !J.O.O.E.!
News Before The Dawn - Finnish Tour Dates 8.5 15.07.2011 by Windrider