The new Nightwish single, called Storytime, will be released on Friday, the 11th of November. Presale will start soon.

The band's new album Imaginaerum will be released in late 2012 through Nuclear Blast Records in Europe and through Roadrunner Records in North America. The complete album tracklist with teasers of each song and the precise album release date will follow in a week. Stay tuned!

[Also thanks to Dark†SymphonY, Guest and kaspair for sending in this news!]

Source: nightwish.com
Band profile: Nightwish

Posted: 04.09.2011 by Angel_Lament

Comments

Varjo - 04.09.2011 at 13:33
"Imaginaerum will be released in late 2012"
Make that 2011.
Dark†SymphonY - 04.09.2011 at 18:43
Looks great, hoping for a masterpiece this time.
The Shape 1973 - 04.09.2011 at 20:21
Its a long time since I have looked forward to a new album or single. But I can't wait to see what Tuomas has come up with this time.
Metal_4Ever - 05.09.2011 at 04:18
Written by Dark†SymphonY on 04.09.2011 at 18:43

Looks great, hoping for a masterpiece this time.

Same feelings here
Lachy - 05.09.2011 at 14:07
Yeah i thought it was 2011, it would seem rather strange for a band to release a single a whole year before the album
SymphAlchemist - 05.09.2011 at 17:18
At least we'll have something to taste during this fucking long waiting!!
Varjo - 08.09.2011 at 01:54
No, no, no, of course I checked that. It actually is 2011.
SymphAlchemist - 08.09.2011 at 22:28
Written by Varjo on 08.09.2011 at 01:54

No, no, no, of course I checked that. It actually is 2011.

That's what everyone's told me. Just can't believe \o/
Void Eater - 09.09.2011 at 01:16
I'm not normally one to concern myself over vocalist changes, but Dark Passion Play is nothing compared to any of their previous albums, and a significant part is due to the vastly inferior vocals of Annete. I don't get why Nightwish had to go with a generic poppy singer when there were surely countless highly skilled vocalists auditioning for the job.
Ernis - 09.09.2011 at 21:39
Written by Void Eater on 09.09.2011 at 01:16

As if Tarja was a highly skilled vocalist...

No really, Tarja is a good singer in her own field but if you wish for an operatic vocalist, then there are even better singers than Tarja out there (Lori Lewis... anyone?).
Are you also one of those who makes the conclusion that non-operatic singing is "poppy"? Most metal acts would therefore qualify as "poppy" according to those standards since using operatic vocals is by no means an uniform tendency. Nightwish just happened to get Tarja who happened to study classical singing at the time. As far as I've heard, it was not their plan "Let's make a band with a classical singer".
Now that I think about it... is there such thing as "pop music" vocals? I think that in pop music it's also possible to sing with a myriad of different types of vocal techniques and styles.
Had Tarja sung with an ordinary voice (she did change her style, in fact) from the beginning would you be calling Anette's singing "poppy" as well?

Take Liv Kristine as an example. She's performed various types of music with various types of vocal style... Which category would she fit?
Void Eater - 10.09.2011 at 00:35
Written by Ernis on 09.09.2011 at 21:39

Written by Void Eater on 09.09.2011 at 01:16

As if Tarja was a highly skilled vocalist...

I didn't say that Tarja was one of the better operatic vocalists out there; there were likely numerous vocalists more skilled then Tarja who attempted to join Nightwish when Tarja left/got kicked out (circle whichever one is accurate). Also, me saying that Annete is poppy wasn't an insult, she justs sounds like a pop singer to me.

News Nightwish - New Single To Be Featured On Finnish Radio 7.5 22.05.2007 by iaberis
News Nightwish - To Release New Single In February 7.5 14.01.2012 by
News Nightwish - Teaser Video For New Single 7.5 30.10.2011 by Dominus
News Nightwish - New Album First Trailer Released 6 09.07.2014 by Dima
News Nightwish - Vocalist Auditions Completed; New Singer To Be Announced In Late May. 6 17.01.2007 by