As announced late July, Thy Catafalque recently signed on Season of Mist. The Hungarian Avant-garde metal act's forthcoming album is entitled Rengeteg (Hungarian for "vast, "trackless forest") and will hit the stores on November 11th in Europe (January 10th, 2012 in North America).

The artwork was created by Portuguese photographer Rui Luz and Thy Catafalque mastermind Tamás Kátai.

Rengeteg tracklist:

Comments

Starchild - 07.09.2011 at 20:21
Great news. Can't wait!
Mindheist - 07.09.2011 at 20:56
Written by Starchild on 07.09.2011 at 20:21

Great news. Can't wait!

I agree. I was impressed by Róka Hasa Rádió and I have been playing it a lot lately, but the minute I heard about Rengeteg, I coudn't just hide my overexcitement. I just hope it will be as good as its predecessor. But IMO I think it will be highly atmospheric with lots of eerie overtones and magical melodies. Tamás Kátai said for that matter: "The album title means 'vast, trackless forest' in obsolete Hungarian language...It's a kind of summary of what the whole record is about. This word is a symbol, it means more than merely a forest". So yeah, I can't wait too :p.
qlacs - 07.09.2011 at 21:26
Kenos - 07.09.2011 at 21:58
OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG I think I'm gonna cry, best news of the year!!! "Róka Hasa Rádió" was incredible, Tamás Kátai is one of my favourite avantgarde metal musicians -and not only that: his solo album, "Erika Szobaja", is unforgettable... Pure poetry. Surely this will become my album of the year.

Fuck fuck fuck I can't waaaaaaaaaaaaaitijseijwlirSRAGgEhESgE5HEShgb"5T%Yh&JPàéç

EDIT: AMAZING cover artwork.
Fat & Sassy! - 08.09.2011 at 01:28
Fucking great news.

EDIT: Really fucking great news.

>:[
Black Conundrum - 08.09.2011 at 09:39
This is fascinating. The band is awesome, and a new album of theirs will not hurt anything.

By the way, I don't know if it is my computer or if there is an image problem or two for this news release, but I'm not seeing the album cover. I just see one of those white boxes with the red x inside.
Black Conundrum - 08.09.2011 at 09:40

News Gorod - New Album Details Revealed 5.5 19.01.2012 by Edmund Fogg
News Process Of Guilt - New Album Details Revealed 5.5 30.03.2012 by Marcel Hubregtse
News Norther - New Album Details 5.5 05.03.2011 by moe5512