Italian symphonic metallers Rhapsody Of Fire proudly announces the name of the 2nd guitar player who will join them on stage: Italian guitar player Roberto De Micheli.

Co-founder and keyboardist Alex Staropoli says: "With so many very good guitar players to chose from, it took time and great care to find the absolute best guitar player for us. In the end, we decided on Roberto De Micheli due to his complete mastery of the guitar, his unique abilities to amaze all those who hear and watch him play live, and his complete dedication as a musician. I have known Roberto De Micheli since the early 1990's. The decision to finally chose him over all other guitarists in the world to play with us became very obvious and natural the more we considered all our options. After so many years, he is still highly devoted to his instrument. He remains passionate and enthusiastic about rehearsing and playing music many hours every day. He is also a perfect fit for Rhapsody Of Fire because he continues the band's tradition of being a truly professional, polite and a positive person to work with. Roberto De Micheli and Tom Hess are already working together on their guitar parts for the upcoming Rhapsody Of Fire tour, that's just very exciting! The huge anticipation of the band's new lineup, sound and upcoming world tour has been something much greater and more exciting than we have ever experienced before from fans all over the world."

Source: rhapsodyoffire.com
Band profile: Rhapsody Of Fire

Posted: 27.09.2011 by Panzerchrist

Comments

Dargor - 27.09.2011 at 23:35
Good news, he looks like the kind of guy who fits in the band but, where does he comes from?
I have yet to hear that "guitar mastery" he's talking about. I've never heard of this guy before.
Promonex - 28.09.2011 at 00:42
Written by Dargor on 27.09.2011 at 23:35

Never heard of him either, but Google says he used to play in Sinestesia.
Fat & Sassy! - 28.09.2011 at 03:49
Written by Promonex on 28.09.2011 at 00:42

Never heard of him either, but Google says he used to play in Sinestesia.

That band name is ridiculous. xD
BitterCOld - 28.09.2011 at 05:21
Written by Fat & Sassy! on 28.09.2011 at 03:49

Written by Promonex on 28.09.2011 at 00:42

Never heard of him either, but Google says he used to play in Sinestesia.

That band name is ridiculous. xD

as opposed to Rhapsody of Fire?
Fat & Sassy! - 28.09.2011 at 05:48
Written by BitterCOld on 28.09.2011 at 05:21

Written by Fat & Sassy! on 28.09.2011 at 03:49

Written by Promonex on 28.09.2011 at 00:42

Never heard of him either, but Google says he used to play in Sinestesia.

That band name is ridiculous. xD

as opposed to Rhapsody of Fire?

They are both ridiculous, but in very different ways. They both amuse me very much. ^~^
Angelic Storm - 28.09.2011 at 07:00
Written by BitterCOld on 28.09.2011 at 05:21
as opposed to Rhapsody of Fire?

To be fair to them, they were forced into a name change. There's nothing about ridiculous about their original name. (Rhapsody)
Parasomnia - 30.09.2011 at 02:29
Wasn't it just a couple months ago that Rhapsody said they were over?
Troy Killjoy - 30.09.2011 at 02:47
Written by Parasomnia on 30.09.2011 at 02:29
Wasn't it just a couple months ago that Rhapsody said they were over?

I think there's some weird continuation with some members of the band going with RoF and others going with just Rhapsody. I might be confusing this with some other power metal band though. :s
Daggon - 01.10.2011 at 12:01
Still not Luca...
BMR Monkey - 03.10.2011 at 16:46
Written by Daggon on 01.10.2011 at 12:01

Still not Luca...

it doesn't matter, we have Fabio
GT - 03.10.2011 at 23:09
Written by Troy Killjoy on 30.09.2011 at 02:47

Written by Parasomnia on 30.09.2011 at 02:29
Wasn't it just a couple months ago that Rhapsody said they were over?

You're right about that. Luca and another guy continues in Rhapsody and the others in ROF.
RavenKing - 04.10.2011 at 00:22
Written by GT on 03.10.2011 at 23:09

Written by Troy Killjoy on 30.09.2011 at 02:47

Written by Parasomnia on 30.09.2011 at 02:29
Wasn't it just a couple months ago that Rhapsody said they were over?

Twice as cheese as before.

To tell the truth, I don't think the actual ROF will survive without Luca.
Also, according to some rumors, Fabio could well join Kamelot as a permanent replacement for Roy Khan. If ever he leaves ROF, the band is as well as dead. In my mind, Luca and Fabio were always the band's greatest assets.
Troy Killjoy - 24.10.2011 at 08:38
OMG I'm spreading lies about Rhapsody of Cheese!

No seriously, I'm pretty sure I remember reading something about them having a weird arrangement where some members continued with one name and some continued with this or something. I wasn't stating a fact, just rehashing some news I (barely) remembered.

I wouldn't want to spread false info about a band lest the entire world collapse in on itself.
The Shape 1973 - 24.10.2011 at 11:09
Written by Troy Killjoy on 24.10.2011 at 08:38

OMG I'm spreading lies about Rhapsody of Cheese!

I heard this as well. Link . Think this is where we got it from.
Troy Killjoy - 25.10.2011 at 00:18
You mean a Rhapsody fan didn't get the news?
RavenKing - 25.10.2011 at 00:27
Written by Troy Killjoy on 24.10.2011 at 08:38

OMG I'm spreading lies about Rhapsody of Cheese!

The remaining band members will still use the name Rhapsody Of Fire.

Luca and his band will use another name but no one ever said the name will be Rhapsody. And, logically, Luca can no more use the name Rhapsody now than the band could years ago, for the same legal issues.
RavenKing - 25.10.2011 at 00:47
Written by AngelofDeth on 24.10.2011 at 07:55

a couple months ago luca decided to quit cuz they arent really evolving musically just rehashing.

Is it a fact or only speculation? Is there any proof about it?

I would not be surprised if this is the true reason behind Luca's departure. I've always seen him as a composer, a creator, first and foremost.
Geddy Lee once said "I think the writing stage is the most rewarding; everything else revolves around that". And, Imo, Luca is this kind of artist too.
AngelofDeth - 25.10.2011 at 20:33
Written by RavenKing on 25.10.2011 at 00:27

Written by Troy Killjoy on 24.10.2011 at 08:38

OMG I'm spreading lies about Rhapsody of Cheese!

The remaining band members will still use the name Rhapsody Of Fire.

Yeah i thought you were talking about the name change years ago, not the news this year. So i guess we were both kinda right and wrong, but my bad for trying to call you out so hard.
AngelofDeth - 25.10.2011 at 20:39
Written by RavenKing on 25.10.2011 at 00:47

Written by AngelofDeth on 24.10.2011 at 07:55

Is it a fact or only speculation? Is there any proof about it?

Its just speculation from putting all the info together. I mean he said in the split about how he feels he needs to move on and get some diff inspiration and he feels he completed his time with RoF. and then you listen to the last two albums and they sound very uninspired and not very creative. put the albums,the statements and your info together and that theory seems to make sense right?
AngelofDeth - 15.11.2011 at 21:09
Written by RavenKing on 25.10.2011 at 00:27

Written by Troy Killjoy on 24.10.2011 at 08:38

OMG I'm spreading lies about Rhapsody of Cheese!

The remaining band members will still use the name Rhapsody Of Fire.

On FB, Rhapsody of Fire just posted a link to Luca Turrelli's Rhapsody, He also has a website and youtube... so apparently he can use the name now. I guess they worked out the legal issues or something, idk its wierd. and this is all very confusing cuz now there is 2 Rhapsody's.... so what was the point of breaking up again? usually this type of stuff only happens with really ugly legal drama break-ups.

News Rhapsody Of Fire - Announce New Bassist 9 11.09.2011 by Truemetaljope
News Rhapsody Of Fire - New Guitarist, New Song Online 9 15.04.2011 by Fat & Sassy!
News Rhapsody Of Fire - Announce New Studio Album 9 02.07.2013 by R Lewis
News Leng Tch'e - Announce New Guitarist 5.5 03.06.2007 by Dangerboner
News Fates Warning - Stream New Song, Announce Touring Guitarist 5.5 12.09.2013 by thehondo