Pitchfork is now streaming French black metallers Blut Aus Nord's new album entitled 777 - The Desanctification in its entirety at this location. This album is the second part of the "777" trilogy and marks Blut Aus Nord's eleventh studio release.

777 - The Desanctification will be released on November 11th (November 15th in North America) via Debemur Morti. More album details were previously reported here.

Source: pitchfork.com
Band profile: Blut Aus Nord

Posted: 09.11.2011 by pisymbol

Comments

!J.O.O.E.! - 09.11.2011 at 16:41
Quote:
"French industrial death metallers"

[edit]

I see it's sorted now =P
koob - 09.11.2011 at 18:09
I don't really know what to say, I love BaN but this sounds EXACTLY like the latest album... I mean, it LITERALLY sounds the exact same, I thought that I was listening to Sects...
Troy Killjoy - 09.11.2011 at 19:25
Did I listen to Sects? Ya I guess I did. I think I remember it being kind of like Samael. In any case I suppose I should give this a shot; Sects was good but I didn't get a rageboner like JOOE.
!J.O.O.E.! - 09.11.2011 at 19:27
Written by Troy Killjoy on 09.11.2011 at 19:25

I honestly can't see you liking much on this one, pretty much the opposite in the spectrum of stuff you seem to like.
!J.O.O.E.! - 09.11.2011 at 19:28
Written by koob on 09.11.2011 at 18:09

Aside from the fact there's practically no black metal on this one whereas Sect(s) was dominated by it. Not to mention different guitar tone (this was not as harsh as the previous)

It's quite clearly belonging to the same trilogy as Sect(s) but it's a totally different approach.
Troy Killjoy - 09.11.2011 at 19:30
Written by !J.O.O.E.! on 09.11.2011 at 19:27

I will try it nonetheless. I don't mind some industrial stuff although it's far from a genre I know much about or care much for. But it is BaN and they still have an undeniable extremity about them so I won't ignore it.
!J.O.O.E.! - 09.11.2011 at 19:32
Written by Troy Killjoy on 09.11.2011 at 19:30

Just listen to it imagining me in a French Maid's outfit, wide-anime-eyed and sucking on a lollipop.
Troy Killjoy - 09.11.2011 at 19:33
Written by !J.O.O.E.! on 09.11.2011 at 19:32

I already do that while listening to music. I'll take a different approach here if necessary.
!J.O.O.E.! - 09.11.2011 at 19:34
Written by Troy Killjoy on 09.11.2011 at 19:33

Ok imagine Marcel doing the same.
Kenos - 10.11.2011 at 03:18
Written by koob on 09.11.2011 at 18:09

It's quite the contrary. "Sect(s)" has a sharper sound and it's crazy as hell. This one is more industrial oriented and even easier to listen to. However consider that they're part of the same concept-trilogy after all, so they should sound similar (but not identical!) in order to keep a certain fil rouge between them. I agree with JOOE, and I must admit that I'm starting to like it much more than "Sect(s)". Absolutely a highlight of this controversial year.

News Blut Aus Nord - Entire New Album Streaming Online 13.5 09.10.2014 by Pazdzioch
News Blut Aus Nord - Entire New Album Streaming Online 13.5 18.09.2012 by PocketMetal
News Blut Aus Nord - New Album Teaser Trailer Online 12 04.08.2012 by
News Blut Aus Nord - New Album Details 11 23.08.2006 by !J.O.O.E.!
News Blut Aus Nord - New Album Details 11 22.02.2011 by !J.O.O.E.!