Noizeletter Magazine has published the bands and the first slew of dates of the Paganfest Tour 2012. The trek will be headlined by Swiss melodic death/folk metallers Eluveitie, support will come from Primordial, Negură Bunget, Heidevolk and Sólstafir.

So far the following dates in Germany, Austria and Switzerland have been confirmed:

09.03.2012 - GER, Munich

Source: noizeletter.com
Band profile: Eluveitie
Event: Paganfest 2012 - Europe

Posted: 11.11.2011 by Promonex

Comments

J. N. - 11.11.2011 at 19:54
Next to be confirmed: France.
List of tour dates complete.
Promonex - 11.11.2011 at 20:20
I'm positively surprised. Normally Rock The Nation sends those happy-go-lucky folk metal bands on tour (Ensiferum, Korpiklaani, Finntroll, Turisas, Equilibrium, Arkona, Alestorm, Trollfest ...) which draw a rather young audience. So young and ignorant that they once even interrupted a Primordial gig with "boooring" shouts. And now Primordial is co-headliner, Negură Bunget and Sólstafir are support and overall there are more quality bands than kiddie magnets. I approve of this development.
Troy Killjoy - 11.11.2011 at 20:26
Ya I used to think all folk metal was that cheesy happy-go-lucky have another ale kind of music, and that's what kept me away for such a long time. But then I started listening to some of the more serious folk metal bands and black/folk hybrids.

Still not a big fan, but I'm glad I don't think of the genre with as much disdain. This looks like an awesome tour too.
flamey - 11.11.2011 at 20:57
Fuck, this is awesome. I hope it will come to Sweden!
LewsTherin - 12.11.2011 at 10:03
Yari destroys everyone. Happy go lucky? Rediculous.
AngelofDeth - 12.11.2011 at 19:54
Sure folk metal draws annoying little kids and trolls but i rather have good bands and bad draw than bad bands and good draw. i do love the traditional metal brutal, bloody, torment, sorrow, satan w/e etc themes but its nice to have a break from that too and listen to stuff more fun and less serious.
Super_Greg - 13.11.2011 at 00:16
Written by Troy Killjoy on 11.11.2011 at 20:26

What are some black/folk bands? I'd be interested in checking them out
Troy Killjoy - 13.11.2011 at 01:39
Written by Super_Greg on 13.11.2011 at 00:16
What are some black/folk bands? I'd be interested in checking them out

Negura Bunget, Vintersorg, Wyrd, Moonsorrow, Primordial, Falkenbach, Thyrfing, Manegarm...

Also a lot of Russian black metal bands incorporate folk elements in their sound.
Promonex - 14.11.2011 at 13:29
Written by Super_Greg on 13.11.2011 at 00:16

Written by Troy Killjoy on 11.11.2011 at 20:26

What are some black/folk bands? I'd be interested in checking them out

Myrkgrav, Kampfar, Skyforger, Windir, Einherjer, Borknagar, Cor Scorpii and Mistur would also come to mind.

News Gigantour 2012 - Line-Up And First Dates Revealed 7.5 01.11.2011 by J. N.
News Scream The Prayer Tour 2012 - Dates And Line-Up Announced 7 07.05.2012 by Valentin B
News Rockstar Mayhem Festival 2012 - Line-Up And Dates Announced 7 26.01.2012 by 3rdWorld
News Destroyers Of The Faith 2012 - Line-Up And Dates Announced 7 17.10.2011 by Angelic Storm
News Die Apokalyptischen Reiter - European Tour Dates And Supporting Bands Announced 7 24.12.2011 by Troy Killjoy