Emerald Forest And The Blackbird, the upcoming new album from Finnish death/doom metallers Swallow The Sun is now streaming online for one week at Inferno Magazine's website. It also includes quotes from Twin Peaks for each song, chosen by Juha Raivio, the band's guitarist. The album will be released on February 1st via Spinefarm Records. More album details were previously reported here.

[Also thanks to Deinonychus, Khalil-Mikael and mpdeimos for sending in this news!]

Source: swallowthesun.net
Band profile: Swallow The Sun

Posted: 26.01.2012 by Icy

Comments

3rdWorld - 26.01.2012 at 13:59
Brilliant.
WorpeX - 26.01.2012 at 14:47
I was going to go to work today, but now I think i'll take the day off.
InnerSelf - 26.01.2012 at 16:56
New Moon was OK. I wonder how will this sound like since Cathedral Walls was a yawn fest
Kenos - 26.01.2012 at 17:23
Written by InnerSelf on 26.01.2012 at 16:56

"Cathedral Walls" and "Silent Towers" are the worst songs of the album. The others waver between good and great, maybe "Hate, Lead The Way" is my favourite. Also, I can hear a bit of My Dying Bride in "April 14th".
Dark Blood - 26.01.2012 at 21:57
I always knew they had a thing for Twin Peaks. First 'Ghost of Laura Palmer' and now a quote on each song? Nice touch.

But anyway, to the album now. So far it sounds ok, but they've done much better if you ask me. It sounds somewhat different but still good.
Mongoose2557 - 26.01.2012 at 22:51
I've listened to the new album a few times. I like it for sure. But what i'm not sure of is if I find it really good or just moderately good. The only song I really don't care for is "April 14th", the rest of the songs are pretty solid to me. I don't see why "Cathedral Walls" is getting a lot of hate. But people have their tastes and what not. I'm just glad I enjoy the album. StS is one of the my favorite bands and it's nice to see them put out an album that I find solid.
Wyrd - 27.01.2012 at 03:15
I don't get it. Why don't people like Cathedral Walls? lol!
WorpeX - 27.01.2012 at 05:03
Loving the album! Cathedral Walls, Hearts Wide Shut and Silent Towers are my favorites so far! This is Swallow the Sun however, and that means my favorites will change constantly during the next 50 playthroughs, haha!
Panasi - 27.01.2012 at 07:09
Written by Guest on 26.01.2012 at 17:23

Written by InnerSelf on 26.01.2012 at 16:56

I don't mind Cathedral Walls, but I'm not a fan of Silent Towers and I agree that Hate, Lead the Way is probably the best on the album. I think it's still a great album overall but in my opinion the clean vocals are a little overused throughout which detract from the whole experience.
Kenos - 27.01.2012 at 11:40
Written by Panasi on 27.01.2012 at 07:09

This is probably the most atmospheric StS' album, so clean vocals are mandatory.
Yugosaki - 27.01.2012 at 15:39
Bad
R'Vannith - 27.01.2012 at 16:34
Written by Wyrd on 27.01.2012 at 03:15

I don't get it. Why don't people like Cathedral Walls? lol!

Stone doesn't burn, ist not krieg
Panasi - 27.01.2012 at 17:11
Written by Guest on 27.01.2012 at 11:40

Hopefully I can get used to them then.

News Swallow The Sun - New Album Details 10.5 22.10.2006 by Katatronik
News Swallow The Sun - Prepares To Record New Album 10.5 25.08.2006 by CyGuy6587
News Swallow The Sun - New Album Details Revealed 10.5 12.06.2009 by Graveheart
News Burnt By The Sun - Entire New Album Streaming Online 10 15.08.2009 by Vitriolic Hate
News The Atlas Moth - New Album Streaming Online 8.5 03.06.2014 by xen