Billboard is reporting that the inevitable happened. Queensrÿche has officially announced that the band will continue without iconic lead vocalist Geoff Tate, who will be replaced by Crimson Glory singer Todd La Torre.

Drummer Scott Rockenfield said in a statement: "Over the past few months, there have been growing creative differences within Queensrÿche. We want our fans to know that we hoped to find a common resolution, but in the end parting ways with Geoff was the best way for everyone to move forward in a positive direction. We wish him the best of luck with all of his future endeavors. We can't wait to bring Queensrÿche to our fans with Todd behind the microphone."

The statement also said that scheduled Queensrÿche performances "are on hold at [the] present time and revised routing is being worked on. Fans can check the band's website for all of the latest tour information as it [becomes] available."

Todd La Torre has recently posted on his Facebook page: "I am not a 'former member' of Crimson Glory. Both bands are fully aware of my involvement. Crimson Glory is still alive and well, and we are continuing to write material for the new record. Queensrÿche enters a new chapter; buckle up."

On May 29th, the other members of Queensrÿche announced they were forming a project called Rising West with La Torre. Rising West posted June 5th on its Facebook page that it was "being denied access to our own Facebook page and website (meaning Queensrÿche)," which promoted other side projects, such as Tate's wine business and Rockenfield's recording endeavors. In response, Tate's step-daughter, Miranda, posted June 7th on Facebook that "it's about time to get some truth on the table" and denied that other members couldn't access the site, among other alleged problems.

Source: billboard.com
Band profile: Queensrÿche

Posted: 21.06.2012 by AndMetalForAll

Comments

Chidder - 21.06.2012 at 14:08
Well, after last year's concert at Sweden Rock Festival I told everyone that they sucked and should call it quits. It was THAT bad. That's why I'm not suprised hearing this news.
Fritillaria - 21.06.2012 at 14:14
Sorry if this question is a bit irrelavent, but can anybody tell how the name of this band should be pronounced ?
Ace Frawley - 21.06.2012 at 14:48
The second syllable rhymes with hike.
Milena - 21.06.2012 at 14:51
Written by Guest on 21.06.2012 at 14:14

Just like Ace said - it's Queen's Reich.
Fritillaria - 21.06.2012 at 15:26
Thanks fellows
nicaZe - 21.06.2012 at 15:30
I can't belive this....after 30 years....
strade - 21.06.2012 at 17:03
This is one of the best things to happen in a very, very long time. I called for his execution after Dedicated to Chaos, since that album proved Geoff to be a terrorist of the highest order, but this will do. Has anyone heard the new guy? He's fucking amazing.
Dentura - 21.06.2012 at 17:21
I will not miss him, especially after many years of absolutely disappointing releases. He may have been a part of legendary albums such as Rage for Order and Operation Mindcrime, but that was a LONG time ago, and he has overstayed his welcome with these awful releases. This move may hopefully re-inspire the band to write actual music, instead of just being dragged along in Geoff Tate's wet dream of a solo career. I heard the Crimson Glory singer is really talented!
Warman - 21.06.2012 at 18:21
Damn! Sure, except for Operation: Mindcrime II, which I thought was good, the band hasn't released something decent in almost 20 years. But this means I'll never see them live with Tate, although that maybe isn't the biggest loss considering what I've heard about their recent live performances.
Milena - 21.06.2012 at 18:58
Written by Dentura on 21.06.2012 at 17:21

I heard the Crimson Glory singer is really talented!

Yes, he is!
Lit. - 21.06.2012 at 19:04
As long as nothing happens to Crimson Glory.
Cathval - 21.06.2012 at 19:38
Geoff Tate...is...Queensryche?

Yeah. Bad move on their part.
JohnDoe - 21.06.2012 at 19:50
This is really sad; I somehow can't believe these guys would fight like that, I thought they've been friends for like 3 decades.
Valentin B - 21.06.2012 at 20:24
I saw some live videos of Queensryche with Tate on vocals, he didn't sound too good, I hope this guy can do those epic soaring vocals that Tate used to do.
strade - 21.06.2012 at 20:41
Written by Valentin B on 21.06.2012 at 20:24

Umm... this should help with anyone worrying about the new vocalist: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQqkrxh_PlQ

And this just for the hell of it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U48O7Ly5Q0A
The Shape 1973 - 21.06.2012 at 21:15
The band died years ago, just nobody told them.
RhaegarTargaryen - 22.06.2012 at 00:49
Geoff Tate is not Geoff Tate for like 10 years, so as much as I love him, it's better for him to retire ... the only reason why I DONT wish for QR to retire right now is that I wish to see them live before they do .. and yeah I mean like Operation: Mindcrime + some oldies live ...

Fuck I just heard Todd la Torres version from two posts above ... PISSED MY PANTS!
ryche76 - 22.06.2012 at 05:25
Well...........This really isn't really surprising at all. The past four albums, apart from Mindcrime II, haven't been a joint effort by the band as a whole. Geoff seemed to write with other musicians, especially on "Dedicated to Chaos" which I won't comment about, too many profanities. I then watched the you tube clip of Queensryche at Rocklahoma, enough said !!!! But what I have heard of Todd sounds extremely promising and cannot wait to hear the new material
infernaldeath87 - 22.06.2012 at 05:34
Meh
andyghost - 22.06.2012 at 12:57
Have you guys totally forgotten Chris DeGarmo, the man responsible for writing their most brilliant compositions? When he left the band, back in the '90s, it was obvious that Queensryche wouldn't be Queensryche anymore...
foschino - 22.06.2012 at 19:58
Written by andyghost on 22.06.2012 at 12:57

I totally agree. DeGarmo was the mind behind it all. Since he left, the magic disappeared.
Tristus Scriptor - 23.06.2012 at 22:24
This might be a slightly off-topic statement- but when the 'Ryche began to change style (beginning at "Promised Land") I had high hopes for an Anathema-like transcendence into something totally different- but heady and wonderful enough to remain relevant. That never happened. So- back to topic- I believe this current move at least gives them a chance to do the next best thing and revisit some of their more powerful metal days.
Dentura - 24.06.2012 at 03:30
I heard rumors that Geoff Tate actually beat Michael Wilton to the floor, and threatened Scott Rockenfield with a knife during a soundcheck, and security had to break it up (Geoff should have been arrested for god's sake). There is also a video of Queensrÿche at Rocklahoma, where Geoff is being a total douchebag towards the fans, saying that "they suck, and it doesn't get better than this... this concert is all there is", in an attempt to make the crowd more energetic following a lukewarm response to a rather shallow, disinterested performance of "Walk in the Shadows". All I have to say is good fucking riddance.

News Queensrÿche - Reach Settlement With Geoff Tate 9 28.04.2014 by Maco
News Geoff Tate - Announces His 'New' Queensrÿche Line-Up 9 02.09.2012 by Mountain King
News Vicious Rumors - Part Ways With Bassist 5.5 26.01.2007 by
News Sirenia - Part Ways With Vocalist 5.5 05.11.2007 by wrathchild
News Visceral Bleeding - Part Ways With Guitarist 5.5 23.05.2006 by Baz Anderson