British doom metallers My Dying Bride have decided to give us a weekend treat. The brand new song "Kneel Till Doomsday" (edit) is now streaming at their official website. You can also download the song for free if you sign to the mailing list at the same location. This is the first taste off their forthcoming offering A Map Of All Our Failures, which will be hitting stores on October 15th in Europe and October 16th in North America through Peaceville Records.

You can check out all the previous album details reported over here. So what is the verdict, good, bad, don't care?

Source: mydyingbride.net
Band profile: My Dying Bride

Posted: 25.08.2012 by BloodTears

Comments

Unhealer - 25.08.2012 at 19:26
Pretty decent song. The riffing is interesting but the clean vocals are not contributing anything to the song, it gets damn boring until the growls come to the rescue.
Ankläger - 25.08.2012 at 19:47
I like that they're a death/doom band again. Hope the rest of the album is as good as this song.
Slayer666 - 25.08.2012 at 19:58
Track's actually pretty decent, and it's more-or-less what I expected after the last pretty nice EP.
serega25 - 25.08.2012 at 21:19
Good song, heavy and atmosferic...
SceneryOfLoss - 25.08.2012 at 22:01
Sounds nice!
Array - 25.08.2012 at 23:29
It's pretty [edit] [edit] that they release [edit] [edit] [edit].
Alex Fenger - 25.08.2012 at 23:59
Song gets better as they go along, pretty much what i expected... nothing special... just... decent
AngelofDeth - 26.08.2012 at 04:12
Written by Unhealer on 25.08.2012 at 19:26

Your right those clean vocals are extremely bland, terrible
Eddie Misery - 26.08.2012 at 05:08
The vocals sound awesome. The riffs are definitely badass. Love the wickedness when the extreme vocals kick in. I do wish the drums had more of a presence in the mix, but I'm anxious for the final release in any case.
Eddie Misery - 26.08.2012 at 05:08
BloodTears - 26.08.2012 at 11:25
I like the song. MDB is a funny band because it was one of the first I listened to in the death/doom genre way back when and it always stuck with me. They have beautiful albums that I loved, especially Songs Of Darkness, Words Of Light.
Milena - 26.08.2012 at 12:14
Wait wait wait. I'm missing something. A new song by an established band is streaming and no one said it's crap already? Come on, people, you're disappointing me!
Masonics - 26.08.2012 at 13:36
Written by Milena on 26.08.2012 at 12:14

I was waiting for that comment! having said that Aaron cleans has always been full of emotion, they seem a bit off note here.. otherwise im pumped for this!
Mr. Doctor - 26.08.2012 at 17:13
Written by Milena on 26.08.2012 at 12:14

Their excuse of classical/darkwave album and their latest "regular" one where shit... This actually sounds good in comparison, also their previous EP was surprisingly good... Like if they were talking int he studio:

- Hey dude, remember the onld days when we didn't suck and had some agressive tunes and some pretty good doomy passages?
- Hmmm Only a little. Why?
- I was listening to them the other day. Check it out.
- Oh damn... You are right. We were cool back then, let's try it again!
Erik M. - 26.08.2012 at 20:11
Sounds very promising. I like the new album's style a lot already (which is obviously the style that suits them best: Death/Doom).

I liked The Barghest 'O Whitby a lot and it seems they're continuing with that sound on their new album. To be honest, I'm easily pleased when it comes to songs that feature both clean vocals and growls (very glad they're back, as For Lies I Sire was a bit lacking in that department), along with the necessary variety. Like a lot of people, For Lies I Sire was a pretty big disappointment for me, with only a few decent songs on it. I really hope A Map Of All Our Failures will be equal to the quality of Songs of Darkness, Words of Light (which is, in my opinion, the last great album they've released).
Carrion Misery - 28.08.2012 at 22:30
This is great! The clean vocals are very "The Light at the End of the World." I love them. I like the production of the song as well. The tone is very dark. I hope nothing too bright comes out on this album.

I swear there should be a slogan underneath the Metal Storm logo saying, "Nothing terrible, but nothing ground breaking." Jesus christ, everyone says this. Such a useless statement. An album can either suck, be amazing, be "okay", or somewhere within a gray area between. If it's okay, then obviously it isn't amazing. Saying that makes the album sound worse than it really is. Basically discarding any room for growth, and stating it's a waste of time to listen to it a second time.

News My Dying Bride - New Song Streaming Online 12 04.10.2012 by Bad English
News My Dying Bride - New Song Streaming Online 12 10.05.2013 by Erik M.
News As I Lay Dying - New Song Streaming Online 8.5 09.11.2011 by Troy Killjoy