German black metallers Lunar Aurora have decided to lay the band to rest after 18 years of activity and 9 full-length albums released.

Here's an official statement from the band: "It has always been clear that also Lunar Aurora will end some day. And this autumn we felt that it is time to lay the band to rest. We came to that decision for various reasons, the two following may be the most significant. On one hand our imaginations of future musical projects are difficult to reconcile with Lunar Aurora, on the other hand we feel that Lunar Aurora is out of tune with these times. We have never been people that speechify, so we won't make a big deal out of that, either.

It have been 18 great years and for that we want to say a big THANK YOU to the people who have been with us during those years. Especially the fans as well as the bands we played with or did projects with. Not to forget the magazines, distributors, concert promoters, without whom publicity would not have been possible. Our label partners Frank Stöver, Andreas Lacher and Tom Wahl we owe deep thankfulness for their energy and trust.

With deep gratefulness we think of our bandmates Sindar, Nathaniel, Profanatitas, Biil, Skoarth and Bernhard Klepper for all they did for Lunar Aurora with great dedication. Although there won't be a new Lunar Aurora album anymore, we will make sure that the long out of stock albums Of Stargates And Bloodstained Celestial Spheres, Elixir Of Sorrow and A Haudiga Fluag will be available through Cold Dimensions within the next 1-2 years. Until we meet again..."

Source: lunaraurora.de
Band profile: Lunar Aurora

Posted: 14.11.2012 by Vombatus

Comments

Bad English - 14.11.2012 at 22:46
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO - when I read news title I reda it fast and thought YES Lacuna Coil splits of what a great day but this
one of bands what introduce me whit BM in old days 2005 in BM radio... I still remeber hehe I know mostly album ''Weltengänger'' I have listened others to but not so much so , its pitty even band wasnt so active long time, more underground, ''hobby band'' but still, they could simply be studio band take some brake 5 years
Lokaeda - 14.11.2012 at 22:46
Sad news is sad
Jiri - 14.11.2012 at 23:06
RIP L.A.
Swietowit11 - 14.11.2012 at 23:44
...and so my favorite black metal band ends...again. For real this time. Kind of heartbreaking but they did leave a wealth of work behind to continue poring through. None of it sucks either, and them splitting up makes sure it stays that way. I actually take this post as good news as I have been waiting for seemingly an eternity to see "A Haudiga Fluag" get the re-release (I hope on CD, so un-kvlt of me) it deserves.

If you haven't heard this band, do them the posthumous honor of checking them out. This is one where it makes sense to work through the discography chronologically, as there is quite the progression from traditional, Nightside-Eclipse-style black metal to incredibly well-done ambient/experimental black metal.
Rot Teufel - 15.11.2012 at 00:35
Sad, sad news... recently i re-listen after a long time the first two albums...

"we will make sure that the long out of stock albums Of Stargates And Bloodstained Celestial Spheres, Elixir Of Sorrow and A Haudiga Fluag will be available through Cold Dimensions within the next 1-2 years"

that's the part about i'm worried about... so CD merchandise will be harder to find and buy... that's sound bad...
WorpeX - 15.11.2012 at 02:15
Don't worry guys, with the way things have been going recently, the band will be back together again after a few months.
ImperialTroll - 15.11.2012 at 09:21
NO!!! This is the worst news ever R.I.P and hope to see you in other projects. What a loss!
chaosscizzors - 15.11.2012 at 20:53
Wow seriously? after their last album i was really looking forward to their future releases. damn shame.
Black Conundrum - 16.11.2012 at 10:31
Dang, that's a bummer, but this is a fine decision on their part. I was just getting into this band; seriously, I first listened to them on August 1 of this year. They're pretty good, and best wishes to them.

Albums Lunar Aurora - Mond 4.5 14.11.2013 by Fritillaria