Prog masters Dream Theater have re-signed with Roadrunner Records. That is great, but the most important thing is that the band will start recording their next album soon as part of the new agreement with the label.

The band commented: "We are all very excited to be re-signing with Roadrunner Records! Over the past 5 years from the release of Systematic Chaos to our latest A Dramatic Turn Of Events, we've developed strong creative and professional bonds with everyone at Roadrunner as well as many great friendships along the way."

And added: "Roadrunner's dedication and commitment to Dream Theater has been evident to all of us from the very beginning, and is consistent in all departments and on all levels, right on through to the top. Roadrunner is a record label that is not only great at what they do but who truly understand what Dream Theater is all about as well as the amazing people who support us all around the world whom we proudly call our fans. They are a record company we relate to as an organization firmly rooted in its ideals and mission, while always pushing the envelope in an effort to keep things moving ever forward. We've reached many career defining milestones while at Roadrunner and are all incredibly pumped in anticipation of our continued future together!"

The group first signed with Roadrunner Records in January 2007. After the Dramatic Turn Of Events world tour, Dream Theater is heading back into the studio to record their new album. The next chapter in their career begins in 2013.

Source: dreamtheater.net
Band profile: Dream Theater

Posted: 03.12.2012 by BloodTears

Comments

BudDa - 03.12.2012 at 20:13
Em. What now? I always thought they were on Roadrunner. Wasn't A Dramatic Turn Of Events on Roadrunner? I vaguely remember the record label conducting some poll last year and that album came second after Machine head's Unto the Locust. Wait, Machine Head is on road runner, right?
BloodTears - 03.12.2012 at 20:14
They just signed a new deal And yes, their last one already came out under Roadrunner.
Opethian - 03.12.2012 at 20:20
I thought Roadrunner Records went out of business
Stabby - 03.12.2012 at 21:00
I love them for their promotion of DT and their enthusiasm towards the band, and I don't think that I can blame them for my discontent with the latest album because I loved Black Clouds, a Roadrunner release, but Octavarium, a non-RR release had a hefty dose of mediocrity in it. Yay for the status quo, I guess.
Darth Mitchell - 03.12.2012 at 21:08
I hope that the band will have a better concept in the new album. ADTOF would have ended nice with "Breaking all Illusions" but they had to add the first filler song I have heard on a DT record (Beneath the Surface). And some songs didn't sound like Dream Theater to me... I hope they will approach the new album more like Black Clouds, the sound on that one was great and the songs where stronger and more memorable (A Nightmare, Shattered Fortress & The Count of Tuscany).
Milena - 03.12.2012 at 23:37
Yeah, it's not like you could blame Roadrunner if you disliked the musical direction of the later DT records, since they had zero to do with it. However, the way they keep promoting DT is wonderful (aside from those awful teaser-things they did with the latest album announcements... I hated that) and the band has certainly gained a lot of new fans during this time period - some even came with Sys Chaos and Black Clouds, though they certainly didn't win me over with these So it's nice they're staying there.
Marcel Hubregtse - 04.12.2012 at 07:41
Written by Opethian on 03.12.2012 at 20:20

I thought Roadrunner Records went out of business

nope they just became a full subdivision of Warner, that's it.
Opethian - 04.12.2012 at 07:49
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 04.12.2012 at 07:41

Written by Opethian on 03.12.2012 at 20:20

I thought Roadrunner Records went out of business

nope they just became a full subdivision of Warner, that's it.

I see, thanks Marcel.
Marcel Hubregtse - 04.12.2012 at 07:56
Why is this news frontpage news? Resigning to a label isn't front news worthy imo
BloodTears - 04.12.2012 at 13:11
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 04.12.2012 at 07:56

I don't see why not being frontpage news, especially when it refers to a new album
Marcel Hubregtse - 04.12.2012 at 13:14
Written by BloodTears on 04.12.2012 at 13:11

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 04.12.2012 at 07:56

because resigning to a record label is normal business as usual. And lots of times we didn't put it on the frontpage. PLus the headline doesn't mention a new album
BloodTears - 04.12.2012 at 13:29
Quote:

Oh, I see what you are saying now In that case, that is helpful!
Warman - 04.12.2012 at 18:18
I don't care, as long as I get another album! Heeeell yes!
nana.MD - 16.01.2013 at 21:30
IMO their last albums haven't been the best...I really hope they make a good one.

News Dream Theater - Sign With Roadrunner Records 10.5 09.02.2007 by Passenger
News Mike Portnoy - Live Shows With Beatles Cover Band 7.5 11.01.2011 by The Shape 1973
News Dream Theater - Announce North American Tour With Trivium 7.5 03.08.2011 by theironarctica
News Gojira - Ink Deal With Roadrunner Records 5.5 09.11.2011 by malaikat
News The Haunted - Re-Sign With Century Media Records 5.5 05.12.2009 by ClosingWords