As expected, The Faceless didn't need much time to find a replacement for drummer Lyle Cooper, who recently departed the band. Alex Rudinger (The Haarp Machine, Threat Signal) will be taking over duties behind the kit full time.

Official statement from the band: "To clear the air on a few details, The Faceless has decided to part ways with drummer Lyle Cooper due to a growing difference in the level of commitment to the project. We wish him the best of luck in his future endeavors and we're sure he'll continue to be successful with music. Having said that, we are very excited to announce that Alex Rudinger is our new full time drummer. We just played our first 3 shows with him in Mexico and what he brings to the band both musically and personally, is simply astounding. We are looking forward to a great future with Alex."

In other news, Michael Keene announced that The Faceless will have to reschedule their upcoming dates in the UK which would start on January 30th with The Safety Fire. The band was not granted work visas and therefore, cannot make it over but will try to make up the dates as soon as possible.

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: The Faceless

Posted: 29.01.2013 by BloodTears

Comments

Carl Berg - 29.01.2013 at 13:14
God damn visas. They're not coming to the UK to blow things up, but to make music and have a good time with people enjoying a similar taste. For fuck's sake, what is wrong with the damn system?
LeKiwi - 29.01.2013 at 17:28
Yea, I'm disappointed as well, I really enjoyed their new musical direction and hoped I could get to see them here in Glasgow....shame
psykometal - 29.01.2013 at 18:39
Well I can't say I'm not surprised they hired him since Ordinance is a similar style and that is his original band.
Alex Fenger - 29.01.2013 at 21:03
Amongst the boring generic technical death metal that is The Faceless, Lyle Cooper was actually a pretty good drummer. I'm not familiar with Alex Rudinger but hopefully he's equally skilled, otherwise The Faceless have next to nothing for me to enjoy.
!J.O.O.E.! - 29.01.2013 at 21:15
Written by Alex Fenger on 29.01.2013 at 21:03

Planetary Duality I would agree is extremely generic but Autotheism was actually quite an interesting and varied record and rather good. They toned down the technicality and introduced some diverse progressive elements.
Alex Fenger - 29.01.2013 at 21:25
Written by !J.O.O.E.! on 29.01.2013 at 21:15

I listened to it twice and will admit I wasn't impressed. Not as generic, but still dull/boring.
!J.O.O.E.! - 29.01.2013 at 21:27
Written by Alex Fenger on 29.01.2013 at 21:25

Fair enough
Don_Doom - 30.01.2013 at 05:16
At least I saw them in Guadalajara, the new drummer is really good!

News Wolves In The Throne Room - Announce New North American Tour Dates 7.5 14.12.2011 by Carl Berg
News Today Is The Day - New Live Drummer And Tour Dates 7 26.03.2008 by Dangerboner
News Pathfinder - In The Studio, Announce New Drummer 7 24.12.2011 by Troy Killjoy
News Firewind - Announce New Drummer 5.5 13.01.2010 by