The Swedes Dark Funeral are celebrating their 20th anniversary in 2013 with a number of festival shows all over Europe. As the band prepares to praise their diabolic past with a very special setlist on some of the summer festivals (expect more details soon), they announced a surprising return for these shows of their classic vocalist: Emperor Magus Caligula. Meanwhile, the band is also looking for a new permanent vocalist.

Emperor Magus Caligula left the band on good terms for personal reasons in 2010 and will take over the mic again for the 2013 festivals. He was Dark Funeral's frontman from 1996 to 2010 from the second album, Vobiscum Satanas (1998) to the last Angelus Exuro Pro Eternus (2009).

Dark Funeral is currently looking for a permanent new vocalist and applications can be sent to vocalist@darkfuneral.se.

According to the band, "after an extensive and exhausting tour through Asia and Australia in late 2012 the band parted ways with temporary vocalist Nachtgarm. Nonetheless, Dark Funeral proceed with the work on their upcoming new album as well as on re-issues of the entire Dark Funeral back catalogue out this year via Century Media Records."

Upcoming shows:

16.03.2013 - Lausanne - Inferno [SUI]
28.03.2013 - Oslo - Inferno [NOR]
23.06.2013 - Clisson - Hellfest [FRA]
28.06.2013 - Dessel - Graspop Metal Meeting [BEL]
27.07.2013 - Lichtenvoorde - De Zwarte Cross [NED]
09.08.2013 - Catton Hall Derby - Bloodstock Open Air [UK]
17.08.2013 - Dinkelsbühl - Summer Breeze [GER]

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Dark Funeral

Posted: 07.03.2013 by BloodTears

Comments

BudDa - 07.03.2013 at 19:43
So, the Emperor has got time on his hands. I thought he would be busy working with Witchery on their new album. So, no album this year?
a MasT - 07.03.2013 at 20:05
Saw DF with Nachtgarm last year and it was an incredible show. What happened...
psykometal - 07.03.2013 at 21:06
That's what I want to know? I haven't seen them live but I am a fan of Nachtgarm and his band and he seems like he would be such a good fit as the permanent vocalist, hell I thought he was announced as the new full-time vocalist for DF, don't recall seeing anything stating he was only temporary. Maybe he couldn't handle being in the DF camp and they cut him?

Oh well, won't be surprised in the least if after these "reunion shows" they announce that ole Masse wanted back in and he's back for good.
Sulac - 07.03.2013 at 21:34
I'd rather Nachtgarm work with Negator full-time, honestly. I'm not displeased by this.
Carl Berg - 08.03.2013 at 00:30
Ah man, I'll be at Graspop this year headbinging to their show... What an amazing band!
a MasT - 08.03.2013 at 01:51
Written by psykometal on 07.03.2013 at 21:06

yes to my dismay :/
blackwreath13 - 09.03.2013 at 08:20
Like a rash that won't piss off...

News Dark Funeral - Part Ways With Bassist 7.5 30.08.2010 by vezzy
News Dark Funeral, Enslaved - Announce N. Amercian Tourdates 7.5 26.10.2006 by Bad English
News Dark Funeral - Shows In Latvia And Lithuania Postponed 7.5 19.10.2006 by Bad English
News Dark Funeral - Part Ways With Regain Records 7.5 14.09.2011 by rekkuza-
News Dark Funeral - Sign Three Album Deal With Century Media 7.5 17.05.2012 by Boxcar Willy