In a statement on Korpiklaani's official website, Juho Kauppinen announced that he has stepped down as the band's accordionist. After eight-and-a-half years with Korpiklaani, during which he recorded six albums, Kauppinen has decided to leave, citing the difficulties of touring life and discomfort with his musical responsibilities. Kauppinen says that he has grown to prefer playing his music privately and free of stress, away from the obligations of performance.

He did go on to say, however, "Nevertheless, I got to experience many things I am deeply grateful for and want to thank all Korpiklaani's listeners, fellow bands, crew members and our staff who enabled all of this."

Kauppinen also added that the band has found another accordionist to replace him, although the identity and capacity of this new member have not been revealed yet.

Source: korpiklaani.com
Band profile: Korpiklaani

Posted: 14.03.2013 by ScreamingSteelUS

Comments

Metalmorphosis - 14.03.2013 at 13:40
So it took him eight and a half years to realize he doesn't like touring and performing infront of people ? Nonetheless, I wish him luck and hope the new one is as good.
Swordbearer - 14.03.2013 at 14:51
I'v seen Korpiklaani five or six times and I haven't seen him smile once.
csiga - 14.03.2013 at 16:15
Written by Swordbearer on 14.03.2013 at 14:51

I'v seen Korpiklaani five or six times and I haven't seen him smile once.

fucking true:DDDDD
Pitwulf93 - 14.03.2013 at 16:37
Shame, I always liked the guy
csiga - 14.03.2013 at 17:54
Hope he will do a good funeral doom band, haha:D
Vombatus - 14.03.2013 at 18:30
He resisted quite long. Understandable that he would burn-out with 6 albums in 8,5 years and constant touring.... And even live, Jonne seems to be the only one enjoying it, the other ones look really bored.
Susan - 15.03.2013 at 04:41
Awww the cute one!

Totally understand, though. Something can be fun for a while and then grow tiresome. Good for him

News Korpiklaani - New Album Title And Date Announced 4.5 26.11.2006 by
News Blackguard - Guitarist Kim Gosselin Leaves The Band, Replacement Announced 2.5 17.06.2012 by AngelofDeth
News Protest The Hero - Drummer Leaves, Chris Adler To Guest On New Album 2.5 07.06.2013 by BloodTears
News Theocracy - Drummer Leaves The Band 2.5 13.03.2014 by Ellrohir