After revealing that a new album was in the works, Kataklysm have set the title for their upcoming album. It will be titled Waiting For The End To Come and it is tentatively scheduled for a late 2013 release via Nuclear Blast Records worldwide. The death metal combo also stated that the lyrical theme of the album will revolve around mortality and the purpose of life.

Commented vocalist Maurizio Iacono: "Well it's been a seriously busy ride since our last album Heaven's Venom was released over 3 years ago. From a successful world headlining run, to Ozzfest, into a recap of our 20 years as band with the Iron Will DVD. We've been writing in a very humble fashion behind the scenes for the last six months. It's time to take Kataklysm to higher levels and dig deep into our capacities as musicians and songwriters. We know exactly what we have to do, that's why we have taken our time and why we'll be taking most of the Summer to complete the new album. The record will deal lyrically with mortality and the purpose of ones being on this earth. The moment we are born we start to die. It's a sort of deal we make with life, and with that I title the new Kataklysm album Waiting For The End To Come."

Kataklysm is working on the new album with renowned producer Chris "Zeuss" Harris (who has worked with Hatebreed, Suffocation, Chimaira, All That Remains, among others).

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Kataklysm

Posted: 03.04.2013 by BloodTears

Comments

Rulatore - 03.04.2013 at 15:41
It's goind to suck, I can feel it :/
s_t_s - 03.04.2013 at 16:15
I kinda like Kataklysm but they lack a little something to get out of the mass... Last album I actually listened to was Prevail so cannot tell about their latest prod.
cossaisVendeurs - 03.04.2013 at 16:40
Written by s_t_s on 03.04.2013 at 16:15

Same here. I didn't bother with Heaven''s Venom for some reason, even though I love the band.
Vombatus - 03.04.2013 at 17:50
Quote:

Ha ! As much as I'd like to see this happen, I doubt it.
AndMetalForAll - 03.04.2013 at 19:10
Yeah, if it's as crappy as the last one, don't count me in
Dark Blood - 03.04.2013 at 20:38
I don't mind their latest albums, but they can do much better. Only time will tell.
Opethian - 03.04.2013 at 21:39
I have mixed feelings for this group. Heaven's Venom was solid, but i would like to see them take some risks and quit putting out insanely accessible music for the masses.

I don't know, but maybe this band has to many followers liking their newer sound for them to even think about putting out something incredibly strong or something that would reminiscent their old sound. I can say the same for a lot of other groups nowadays, sad
s_t_s - 05.04.2013 at 16:32
If you take albums like In the Arms of Devastation or Prevail for instance, you can clearly see the guys are skilled, really love the last tracks of both albums but most tracks are too generic to be reminded, except for a few ones like "To Reign Again"... A great album with tracks of remarkable quality would be awesome but somehow I feel the band is only playing music for they own pleasure, not trying to reach any higher level of quality...
s_t_s - 05.04.2013 at 16:32