The following news comes from Anathema's myspace page.

"Greetings to all…

We have taken all of our recording equipment to a house in England where we have built a studio and begun the first of two records to be released this year. The recording has been going very well.

This first record is a semi-acoustic recording of many of our most loved older tracks. This will be released on Peaceville records. The working title is 'temporary peace.'

The songs to be included on 'temporary peace' are:

Angelica, leave no trace, inner silence, one last goodbye, are you there, fragile dreams, a natural disaster, temporary peace and flying.

The record will be a substantial work, arranged by Danny and performed and produced by the band, recorded and engineered by our own Les Smith, who was responsible for the recordings of 'everything' and the other new songs released online last year.

This will also feature the cello of Dave Wesling, who previously toured with Vincent and Danny in 2004 and is featured on the DVD 'a moment in time.'

It may also include a reworking of one or two classic tracks from the very early days of anathema.

In late winter/early spring, immediately following the recording of this semi-acoustic album, we will enter a studio to record the next full length anathema album, which be produced by Anathema and mixed by Steven Wilson, independently from a record company.

Upon completion, the new album will be licensed around the world, giving us artistic and creative control and keeping the rights to the music in our own hands.

All being well, you will see the release of two records from anathema this year. A semi acoustic classic tracks album, and a full length new album.

Then touring…

Best wishes to all,

Anathema"

Band profile: Anathema

Posted: 10.02.2008 by Jeff

Comments

Jeff - 10.02.2008 at 21:22
Great news!

Well, when you know how good are the accoustic versions of the old songs played live, be sure that this release will kick ass!
BloodTears - 10.02.2008 at 22:00
yes, wonderful to know.
Tod_Engel - 10.02.2008 at 22:13
Wow, now they are releasing an acoustic album. Hope it will turn out good.
BloodTears - 10.02.2008 at 22:15
I'm sure it will. They have beautiful songs for an acoustic album.
Spyroid - 10.02.2008 at 22:31
Mixed by Steven Wilson holy crap
Marcel Hubregtse - 10.02.2008 at 22:38
Yawn, I am afraid it will eb another dreary yawnfest like EVERYTHING released from Alternative 4 till now. Just uninspired (to my ears at least) plodding music, havily inspired by Pink Floyd (bu tnothing as genius as PF whatsoever) Exactly the same trap The Gathering have fallen into as well.

But I think I will buy the new albums nonetheless cause their music nowadays is a great cure for most of my insomniac nights.
Talvi - 10.02.2008 at 22:52
These two albums in addition to 'Paradigm Shift'?
kain686 - 10.02.2008 at 23:27
great news for two new albums
good work.......etc
Hybreda - 11.02.2008 at 00:57
GREAT!! Steven Wilson will be doing the producing! That, is what I call the great news!!
White Winter Sun - 11.02.2008 at 09:02
Really great news! I'm looking forward these two albums, especially for the acoustic stuff.
Asitis - 11.02.2008 at 09:50
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 10.02.2008 at 22:38

Well okay, they're heavenly inspired by Pink Floyd, and indeed not as good (but then again, what is?). But I don't think you can call 'm boring. I mean, listen to the composition in i.e. Pulled Under By 2000 Metres A Second! It's just incredible.
Pain_killer_85 - 11.02.2008 at 10:19
Great news anathema...
it's ganna be awsome
otto - 11.02.2008 at 13:17
Largos, the second record is the new album. And yes, very good news indeed !
erctus-seth - 11.02.2008 at 15:55
Duy Hung - 11.02.2008 at 23:50
I'm a bit surprised, i have known that they will release 2 albums this year but looked forward to a double album rather than 2 different ones, anyway this is still great!! Great list for the acoustic album!! And of course i can't wait for the full length
dancingdecember - 12.02.2008 at 03:33
well it's about bloody time.acoustic will be great im sure.the important thing is they have steven wilson with them.so this might be waaay better then i expected earlier.i can see why people yawns at anathema or other similiar music but to me this music always is brilliant.hope they'll make a great comeback...

News Anathema - Tour With Porcupine Tree & News About The New Album 9.5 24.08.2007 by Jeff
News Devin Townsend - Two New Albums Streaming Online 5.5 22.06.2011 by Super_Greg
News The Ocean - New Singer Announced, Two New Albums On The Way 5.5 11.11.2009 by Darkside Momo
News Evocation - New Song Online, First Two Albums To See North American Release 5.5 19.08.2012 by Ritual_Suicide
News Antimatter - Sign New Deal For Two Albums With Prophecy Productions 5.5 02.06.2012 by