Savannah, GA's Baroness will head to Dallas, TX next week to begin work on a brand new full-length and follow-up to 2007's critically-acclaimed
Red Album.

Baroness will be working with the Grammy-nominated producer / engineer John Congleton (Explosions In The Sky, The Polyphonic Spree, The Roots,
Buddy Miles, Black Mountain) on the band's second full-length. The still untitled album is expected to see a fall 2009 release date.

Band profile: Baroness

Posted: 08.05.2009 by Marcel H.

Comments

Doc Godin - 08.05.2009 at 12:21
Hmm, interesting. I liked the overall sound of their first album, but felt it really lacked something. Hopefully they'll evolve with the next album, they definitely have the potential to do so.
Marcel Hubregtse - 08.05.2009 at 12:40
Written by Doc Godin on 08.05.2009 at 12:21

I know what you mean. But somehow live they come across a lot better, there there is the extra added punch which I miss on Red Album at times.
Doc Godin - 08.05.2009 at 12:43
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 08.05.2009 at 12:40

Written by Doc Godin on 08.05.2009 at 12:21

I think part of it is the vocalist, he seems to hang on to certain notes for too long, kind of holds back the flow of the music in a way. I still find myself listening to O'Appalachia almost daily though.
Talvi - 08.05.2009 at 15:54
Yes, YES and a hundred of times yes. I loved Red Album, and I waited for the follow up to be released this year. Awesome.
Silent Jay - 03.06.2009 at 13:54
I'm getting really psyched for this new album. I love the Red Album and their EP's are well worth checking out aswell! Missed them when they played not far from here 'cos I only found out on the day and lack of monies, travel etc... really wished I had caught them though.

News Shakra - Set To Enter The Studio 7.5 28.08.2008 by Doc Godin
News Darkest Hour - Set To Enter The Studio 7 04.08.2010 by opeth771
News Abysmal Dawn - Set To Enter The Studio 7 04.04.2010 by Daggon
News Municipal Waste - Set To Enter The Studio 7 16.07.2011 by LeChron James
News 3 Inches Of Blood - Prepare To Enter The Studio 5.5 23.11.2011 by Troy Killjoy