Savannah, GA's Baroness will head to Dallas, TX next week to begin work on a brand new full-length and follow-up to 2007's critically-acclaimed
Red Album.

Baroness will be working with the Grammy-nominated producer / engineer John Congleton (Explosions In The Sky, The Polyphonic Spree, The Roots,
Buddy Miles, Black Mountain) on the band's second full-length. The still untitled album is expected to see a fall 2009 release date.

Band profile: Baroness

Posted: 08.05.2009 by Marcel H.

Comments

Doc Godin - 08.05.2009 at 12:21
Hmm, interesting. I liked the overall sound of their first album, but felt it really lacked something. Hopefully they'll evolve with the next album, they definitely have the potential to do so.
Ozman - 08.05.2009 at 12:40
Written by Doc Godin on 08.05.2009 at 12:21

I know what you mean. But somehow live they come across a lot better, there there is the extra added punch which I miss on Red Album at times.
Doc Godin - 08.05.2009 at 12:43
Written by Ozman on 08.05.2009 at 12:40

Written by Doc Godin on 08.05.2009 at 12:21

I think part of it is the vocalist, he seems to hang on to certain notes for too long, kind of holds back the flow of the music in a way. I still find myself listening to O'Appalachia almost daily though.
Talvi - 08.05.2009 at 15:54
Yes, YES and a hundred of times yes. I loved Red Album, and I waited for the follow up to be released this year. Awesome.
Silent Jay - 03.06.2009 at 13:54
I'm getting really psyched for this new album. I love the Red Album and their EP's are well worth checking out aswell! Missed them when they played not far from here 'cos I only found out on the day and lack of monies, travel etc... really wished I had caught them though.

News Shakra - Set To Enter The Studio 7.5 28.08.2008 by Doc Godin