Nuclear Blast Records press release

Nuclear Blast Records is proud to announce the signing of Finnish Goth 'n' Roll legends The 69 Eyes! The "Eyes" have reached the top of an entire genre by now and can surely be seen as the inventors of vampire inspired music also as they made it so successfully popular throughout the 1990ies up till now.

Commented vocalist Jyrki 69: "The situation for The 69 Eyes was great because so many labels showed interest in working with us. We were very happy how Nuclear Blast worked our "Goth'N'Roll" box set and it is overwhelming to start this next chapter for The 69 Eyes by releasing our new studio album through Nuclear Blast! They're the mightiest metal label there is and we're proud to deliver them such a powerful album. Together we definitely will Rock The Metal!!!"

The brand new The 69 Eyes album is going to be released on August 28th. Stay tuned for album title, artwork and tracklisting.

Source: nuclearblast.de
Band profile: The 69 Eyes

Posted: 31.05.2009 by SlaytallicA

Comments

Doc Godin - 31.05.2009 at 09:38
Wow, Nuclear Blast seems to be signing a lot of Glam bands lately.
The Shape 1973 - 31.05.2009 at 17:51
I'm sure Timo Tolkki used to manage this band.
Black Conundrum - 01.06.2009 at 00:39
By all due respect, I really can't stand that band name. I hope t doesn't reference what I think it's referencing.

Also, this is the second time where I've had to type the phrase "By all due respect, I really can't stand that band name."
Estix - 01.06.2009 at 02:58
No idea what the band name could reference (btw, please don't tell me), but I don't mind their music. I suppose I'm a quarter of an emo, so I like these smooth voices slow paced HIM wannabe songs, but at least this band is creating something different from the others of it's kind. I mean, just from their latest album I can remember half of the songs almost fully. That's much more than I can say for most bands I normally listen to.
Italics - 01.06.2009 at 09:44
This reminds me that I haven't heard their "Angels" album yet... guess I'd better check it out, after all, "Devils" was pretty freakin' sweet!
Valentin B - 03.06.2009 at 18:38
Hope this brings them closer to getting booked for more festivals, totally underrated band.

News Suicidal Angels - Win Rock The Nation Award And Sign With Nuclear Blast 8.5 22.09.2009 by Vitriolic Hate
News Before The Dawn - Sign With Nuclear Blast Records 8.5 23.12.2010 by Luneth
News Carcass - Sign With Nuclear Blast, Album Out In The Fall 8.5 23.05.2013 by chrisʇrenounced
News Hardcore Superstar - Sign With Nuclear Blast 7.5 10.03.2009 by Doc Godin
News Samael - Sign With Nuclear Blast, New Song And Concert Online 7 26.02.2007 by Katatronik