"From Afar", the new video from Finnish metallers Ensiferum, has been made available online. The clip was directed by Tuomas Valtanen.

"From Afar" is the title track of the band's forthcoming album, which will be released on September 9 via Spinefarm Records.

More details about "From Afar" were previously reported at this location.

Source: blogs.myspace.com
Band profile: Ensiferum

Posted: 05.09.2009 by Thanntos

Comments

Grimskallen - 05.09.2009 at 13:10
Video reminds me so much of Theodor Kittelsen's portrayal of the black plague, here's some examples: http://www.kittelsen.ru/archive/hun_farer_landet_rundt3.jpg

Anyway, no band performance in the video, that's a shame....
Abattoir - 05.09.2009 at 13:45
This song sounds quite good, while the video doesn't impressed me to much...
Warman - 05.09.2009 at 14:08
The song is okay for being Ensiferum, they've done so much better. As long as the other songs on the album is better I'm sure it will be great.
Metalmorphosis - 05.09.2009 at 14:11
I hate videos. The singer who isn't really singing never looks legit. They could atleast try.
treptolemus - 05.09.2009 at 14:20
Well, the song is top - video let's say "typical" - maybe i'll reconsider when i get the album- (and explore the lyrics, and connect 'em with the whole concept-wish it was included with the album though!). Now about the plague-reaper-guy : maybe he was the reason of the fires that devastated many parts of Europe this summer-We have a major suspect here;D... EDIT: Ensiferum, kick his ass - a punch on my behalf too!
bloodwrage - 05.09.2009 at 21:36
This video is terrible.
Glower - 05.09.2009 at 22:29
Yeah, not too impressed w/ the video. I like the song better.
The girl kept looking like she was about to burst out crying: 1:22 & 4:05.
But at least the "zombies" gave me a laugh.
Ellrohir - 05.09.2009 at 23:44
For me the video is good and of course the song is great
Baz Anderson - 06.09.2009 at 11:36
Isn't the charm of the video that is it rather rubbish?
Jan Destiny - 06.09.2009 at 13:54
Avarege video, but great song!
The Shape 1973 - 06.09.2009 at 15:25
I know there are links between the bands, but this sounds so much like Wintersun, who is copying off who now?
Livnat - 06.09.2009 at 17:08
I think petri is doing a great job
his voice, amazing!

go ensiferum (:
Ellrohir - 06.09.2009 at 19:58
Written by The Shape 1973 on 06.09.2009 at 15:25

Wintersun in currently sleeping dead in some deep hole...Ensiferum is producing new stuff...
The Shape 1973 - 06.09.2009 at 21:03
Written by Ellrohir on 06.09.2009 at 19:58

Written by The Shape 1973 on 06.09.2009 at 15:25

The hole is guarded by elves and goblins all wearing viking horny helmets, shrouded by a magical mist (getting in to the software and wiping away all the work on the new album with an evil laugh, ha ha haaaaa).
Ellrohir - 06.09.2009 at 21:49
Written by The Shape 1973 on 06.09.2009 at 21:03

someone should tell Jari about this mist already...
Bad English - 07.09.2009 at 23:40
Son is typical band staff but I like video , much better how others new videos like Rotted for example, better pagan themes n nature wiews how parody avout hell and make some shity devil in video , who try scare us, I usualy listen song there, not see video, because simply there's nothing to see

News Ensiferum - New Video Online 9 08.08.2012 by AngelofDeth
News Ensiferum - Fan Names Star After Band, New Video Online 9 02.05.2007 by Doc Godin
News Unleashed - New Lyric Video Online 5.5 18.03.2012 by knightlightning