Metal Storm logo
Hellwitch - Supreme Oldschool Tech.Death

09.06.2006 - 10:18
CrypticMyth
Metal Scientist
Ok, this thread was due sooner or later. I present -> Hellwitch

One of the most overlooked bands ever in my opinion, and yet one of the most talented. They have released only one album in their long career - Syzygial Miscreancy. This is one mesmerizing album! It ranks as one of my all time favourites, on par with the legendary Atheist and Cynic. (so that should give you a hint of the quality of this album). Classic songs like Nosferatu, Sentient Transmography and Mordirivial Dissemination make this album A-Grade stuff(all the songs are brilliant, not only those btw ). I have two of their demos, Anthropophagi and Tetrasymmetry. Although both are not on par with the full-length, both of 'em are astonishing releases. I liked Anthropophagi better though.
Anyhow, they recently (last year) released another EP/promo, The Epitome Of Disgrace after almost a 9 year absence! Let me tell you that age does nothing to these underground DM pioneers! The EP is really good and has the same traits of the Hellwitch who released Syzygial Miscreancy.

There are some samples available for download here: http://www.hellwitch.us/music.html
----
"You're all the same, the lot of you, with your long hair and faggot clothes. Drugs, sex, every sort of filth. And you hate the police, don't you? You make it easy."
09.06.2006 - 11:05
CrypticMyth
Metal Scientist
I found some full-length songs available for download here:
1.Mordirivial Dissemination
2.Purveyor Of Fear
3.Satan's Wrath
4.Days Of Nemesis
----
"You're all the same, the lot of you, with your long hair and faggot clothes. Drugs, sex, every sort of filth. And you hate the police, don't you? You make it easy."
09.06.2006 - 15:01
Xtreme Jax
Psycroptipath
Havnt heard of them, so I checked out the download songs that you linked, good stuff, not the best ive heard but they're quite good. The track 'Mordirivial Dissemination' is very good, i like the catchy bass lines on the breaks, also the growls and screams of the vocalist are cool. The first guitar solo almost reminds me of Deicides style (whether im its just me i dont know), but the socond solo is their own.

Really good songs, worth checking out for other death metal fans!!
----

Hellcunt Smurf
09.06.2006 - 16:01
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
I'll check them out as soon as possible, this goes under my favorites.
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
09.06.2006 - 18:02
mvikred
I'm surprised how i hvent left a comment here .... man, hellwitch is an awesome tech death band .... epitome of disgrace is an awesome EP .. and syzygial miscreancy cannot be put in words .. listen to that album to know wat it is ... its one of the masterpieces which can be put in the top rack along with symbolic, ITP, UP, Warp Zone. The vocals are not a typical growl, they are a mix of growl and some really awesome screeches.

One album any death metal fan should not miss.
----
I'm addicted to Technical Death Metal ... Somebody save me
21.06.2006 - 09:22
Dormant Misery
Account deleted
I just got the Final Approach compilation. I believe this is a full length album and some demo material?

Anyway, it fucking rules! The speed and intensity of the riffing, along with those manic guitar solos. I cant get enough. In the booklet are some pictures of old flyers, namely ones that are headlining shows with the mighty Exhorder! now that's a show id like to see..
23.06.2006 - 16:20
Markku
Account deleted
Written by CrypticMyth on 09.06.2006 at 11:05

I found some full-length songs available for download here:
1.Mordirivial Dissemination
2.Purveyor Of Fear
3.Satan's Wrath
4.Days Of Nemesis

I downloaded all of them, these are samples though. I really liked the song Satan's Wrath, it had a nice melody.
24.06.2006 - 09:08
CrypticMyth
Metal Scientist
You should really get the full length man. I'm sure you'd take a liking to it.
----
11.07.2006 - 00:14
ylside
Staff
Thanks to you Cryptic I've discovered some absolutly lovely Atheist-like. Syzygial Miscreancy is really one AWESOME album I've fallen in love with. I don't know what else can I say for that band !!
12.07.2006 - 07:02
CrypticMyth
Metal Scientist
I knew you'd like them Ylside

They're a fucking MUST for all Atheist fans
----
19.10.2006 - 12:05
Fucked Upstairs!
Account deleted
Why am I not suprised about the post count in this thread?
Like almost every awesome death band from the 80's, this band is so underrated that it hurts.
I ask everyone who likes: old school death, technical death or atheist to check this out.
07.03.2007 - 02:52
Markku
Account deleted
Has anyone heard songs from the 2005 EP?
08.03.2007 - 07:45
Mega-Slayer
I know of them,only cuz Alex Marquez was once in the band,I am a big fan of Death/Thrash so I should finally get it.
----

Intestinally Punctured Smurf
08.03.2007 - 13:19
ErabatukII
Great stuff. Very Piece of Time in sound. Although Syzygial Miscreancy is quite short in length. I haven't heard any other recordings by them. :/
----
11.08.2007 - 23:45
ylside
Staff
Hellwitch - Nosferatu

A pretty good video I ran into on youtube. Enjoy!
12.08.2007 - 00:45
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
I neve rhad ehar them, but those mp3 I gonna try, I know band from BNR metal pages, seems thay are good if its like Atheist, Sadus and Cynic ist good hehe
I dounloud mp3 now
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
12.08.2007 - 15:17
Remus
I downloaded the samples and they sound really good, even to a death-noob like me! They actually sound a bit thrashy at times. Wow, is that acoustic guitar at the end of Mordirivial Dissemination? Never knew you get that in death metal!
----
Procrastinate, NOW!
05.03.2009 - 22:58
WITCHCLAN
I bought their album in around 92 ish and remains one of my favourites. I stumbled across it in my local store and it looked like it could be a dodgy Thrash LP but I asked to hear a bit of it before I bought it and boy was I blown away. The opening 'Nosferatu' was just so technical and the vocals reaked of originality. It had a crisp production from Scott Burns who produced most of the famous big name Florida acts back then so it sounded perfect all the way through.
It is a shame they didn't so anymore albums as they could have done real well IMO but as it stands I do consider them to be legends in the scene if not hugely underrated. In a word - AWESOME.
----
Pre-order the new Witchclan demo now at www.witchclan.co.uk - release date 1st September 2010.