Metal Storm logo
Metallica - New Album Bumped Back To September

Stereo Warning has posted this report:

"The release of Metallica's new album has been delayed again, sources from the band's record label told Stereo Warning. The album is now expected to hit the stores in September. Originally Lars Ulrich said it would be out in February, then the release was delayed till April. With the band still in the studio, it was clear that April was not gonna happen. Fans can take comfort in the fact that the last time the band spent this much time in the studio the year was 1991 and the result was the "Black Album". One can only hope for similar results this time! In the meantime, the boys have lined up a few dates for their upcoming European tour this summer."

Source: stereowarning.com
Band profile: Metallica
Posted: 24.01.2008 by Mosquiller

Comments page 2 / 3

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 66   Visited by: 324 users
25.01.2008 - 02:56
Alfgart
I saw some videos of the new songs... if they are representative of the whole album, then this is gonna be one of the worst albums in all human history. The songs were really really really bad.
25.01.2008 - 04:13
-DC-002-
Mastercommander
there is very little hope for metallica. once a band progresses or degresses they most likely will not go back. its a shame, metallica were legandary for being good. Now their just an example of a band doing a major sellout.
----
Coldgrits
25.01.2008 - 06:00
Asat0r
Written by Stigmatized on 24.01.2008 at 23:36

Oh man, I can wait!

Damn, I can basically smell the sarcasm.

And who cares if they have hair or not? Hair does not correspond with writing good music!
25.01.2008 - 06:56
Curtis the Bum
Account deleted
Kirk Hammet says new Metallica album will have a "Middle Eastern" feel to it.

Yeah, that's what happens when you use the Harmonic minor scale, buddy...
25.01.2008 - 07:05
deadset61
Account deleted
Written by Paradox0 on 24.01.2008 at 21:10

This is gonna be the new Chinese Democracy (been waiting 10 years for this album from Guns n' Roses to be officially released)

I agree its fucking lame
25.01.2008 - 08:37
Herzebeth
"One can only hope for similar results this time!"

OH NO!!!!!

not again....a lot of noobs and posers will flood the streeths with their black shirts sayin 2uuh we like the 'tallica"

shyte...
----
25.01.2008 - 09:30
DrunkenFuck
Thrasher!
Why don't they just get their shit together instead of spending all summer touring?! We've been waiting for this album for over three fucking years!
----
THRASH!!!
25.01.2008 - 11:04
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Elite
This was predictable.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
25.01.2008 - 12:46
enumaelis
I fear the new album will be even worst than St. Anger. Do someone listen that "new song" they played in some concerts?
When I listened that crap... I let escape a little smile...
http://es.youtube.com/watch?v=snPAOzp2YOA
uooooooyeeeh uooo uo ouuuu hahah
At least here mr. Hetfield and mr. Ulrich let Hammet to make a (liiiiitle) solo.
I think they are over, and they will live again, and until they finish as band, of playing old songs in their concerts. It's what people ask them.
Anyway, I guess, they will sell, being a bad or worst new album, a lot thanks to the label name "Metallica".
----
http://enumaelis.blogspot.com/
25.01.2008 - 12:51
Opium
Account deleted
Don't believe a word, kids
25.01.2008 - 12:52
cruel pain
carpathian flame
well i guess b/w da arch rivals metallica n megadeth...only megadeth could stand da test of time
25.01.2008 - 13:04
Hamird
Lieutenant
Written by Bad English on 25.01.2008 at 00:02

Written by Dark Cornatus on 24.01.2008 at 23:56

Written by Bad English on 24.01.2008 at 21:34

Written by Cut-Throat on 24.01.2008 at 21:26

R.I.P Metallica 1981-1988

1981-1991 BLACK are good album man and thay still had hair, Metallica died whan thay cut hair but nodays even emo music sometimes are better

Hahaha, made me laugh. So now if someone asks what Metallica i like, i reply, "I liked them in their 'hair' days"

Eve literaly its true because I hate all works after Black albu, Garage Inc dont counts its cover doble CD

with hair or without hair. i don't like Metallica but i am afraid that maybe this time they will release something like TOKIO HOTEL albums
they are getting worse album by album ... maybe in 2016 they perform with JOJO
25.01.2008 - 13:56
matthioso
as some of the few people here, I love all their albums, from Kill' Em All to St. Anger (I must agree though that the old albums are the best) and I think the new album will also be great.
But the delays are killing me
Always looking forward to the new date they set up, but when it the date is coming near they postpone it again... I hope it stops in september...
----
www.seedofrock.be
25.01.2008 - 15:26
Jeeers
I fear the worst when this album comes out. There is not much strength and melody left in Metallica. I liked all of their albums, more or less (except St.Anger), but now I have lost almost all my fate in them. We will see...
25.01.2008 - 15:29
Stigmatized
Written by Asat0r on 25.01.2008 at 06:00

Written by Stigmatized on 24.01.2008 at 23:36

Oh man, I can wait!

Damn, I can basically smell the sarcasm.

And who cares if they have hair or not? Hair does not correspond with writing good music!

25.01.2008 - 16:47
Fallen'Angel
This is gonna be a real shit .. maybe even worst than st.anger !
----
Im Your Source of Self-Destruction !
25.01.2008 - 17:54
RhysTerk
Think St. Anger was good in it own way, i mean, it had quality but it was not just the Metallica-style (and yeah, i like the older albums better).
I'm having high expectations for this
25.01.2008 - 19:17
marillionfan
Account deleted
Metallica has started (for me and i guess for many others) to lack credibility; with this news, they might just become laughable, honestly; I am disappointed. I just want an album on which i don't have to use the skip button, they haven't done that since Load - see I'm less pretentious than many of you .
Another thing that worries me is that Metallica is giving us false hopes and promises, they tell us what we want to hear - for exemple they said St Anger was a "back to the roots" album but forgot to say whose roots they were (??).
25.01.2008 - 21:26
Rompeprop
Account deleted
I think we can only hope this never gets released. I for one am not expecting anything good, or even half decent.:sleep:
25.01.2008 - 22:31
DoomGuard
The only classic band (as popular as Metallica) that can still release CDs is Iron Maiden...
25.01.2008 - 22:33
Stigma
Account deleted
A big fucking surprise. Maybe they've actually realized what kind of crap they were putting together and are now afraid to release it. I mean seriously, "The New Track" was one of the shittiest tracks by them IMO.
26.01.2008 - 01:48
Remus
Written by cruel pain on 24.01.2008 at 21:46

i don't think metallica can produce something even a bit similar to the legendary black album

I think they can, actually, i think if they wanted to, they could create something similar to MoP. But see the thing is< they DON'T want to! I think they have this whole "keep up with the times" mentality, and since tr00 metal aint what it used to be back inthe late 80's, then we're not going to get another RTL from the boys from 'Tallica.

Anyway, metal with a "middle eastern feel" to it is nothing new, System of a Down have been doing it for 12 -13 years - just listen to the song "Jet Pilot"

All in all, i'm still curious as to what the new album will sound like!
----
Procrastinate, NOW!
26.01.2008 - 09:04
Witcher
Written by Justice on 24.01.2008 at 22:28

oh
no
fuck
shit
I cant wait more
damn

Bi tarbiat fek kardi inja che khabare fosh midi?
26.01.2008 - 15:36
dancingdecember
Written by selken on 24.01.2008 at 21:48

Nothing new, the longer takes an album to be released, the crappier it is.

Written by Paradox0 on 24.01.2008 at 21:10

This is gonna be the new Chinese Democracy (been waiting 10 years for this album from Guns n' Roses to be officially released)

That's because China isn't democratic yet

haha that made me laugh

well i dont give shit about st anger or what crap they are doing but i hope they will release good stuff again some time because still when i hear the opening of whereever i may roam or any other kick ass song i feel like screaming "yeaaaaahhh that's what i'm talking about" i just love metallica,i grew up with them.cheers
----
i'm super, thanks for asking
26.01.2008 - 21:37
well i think they 'll release a 'white ' album this time!
27.01.2008 - 07:00
Søren
Lord of the Mosh
Elite
So many people seem to think the Black Album was so fucking great, while others view it as the turning point for Metallica. It was neither. Bob Rock ensured that it would never be good, at least not by thrash standards. And the real turning point for Metallica was when they kicked drunken ass Dave Mustaine out of the band and all of his songwriting abilities went with him. Granted, Megadeth has released some questionable material themselves over the years, but the best "original" stuff Metallica ever released was when they were still recording the songs Dave helped write. (Note: I say "original" because, quite honestly, I think the best stuff they've ever recorded is other people's music, a la Breadfan, Am I Evil? etc.) Despite the lack of credits on the sleeve, Dave's influence carried on even into Master of Puppets, as we all know Leper Messiah was "stolen" from a track Dave had originally written called "The Hills Run Red."

All of that aside, there was still hope for Metallica ... until Cliff died. Cliff kept them grounded. Once he was out of the picture, Lars' & James' egos took over and the downfall began. Look at all the work Jason did on the first two Flotsam & Jetsam releases (yes, Jason joined Metallica before NPFD was released, but it still contained quite a bit of material he had written that he told them they could keep - 3 tracks credited, but various riffs and melodies throughout the other tracks as well). Then look at Justice and tell me how many credits does Jason have. One? More to the point, where's the fucking bass on that album?!?! Had Metallica utilized Jason's abilities, there's a fair chance that thrash would have never died. Instead, Metallica chose to stifle an artist, forsake their roots, and lead the way for the music industry to turn it's back on thrash and fully embrace grudge.

Fortunately for us, thrash (old-school style, not this metalcore wannabe crap) is in the midst of a revival.
Unfortunately for Metallica, they will never be a part of that revival.

The "Vulturous demo" sounds like a Misfits clone, minus the talent.
The "New Track" live footage on YouTube showcases nothing with any promise.
Robert Trujillo - from his humble roots in Suicidal Tendencies and over a decade with arguably the most well-known name in heavy metal (courtesy of MTV) among others - will be cast to the side much like Jason was. (Although he will most likely be a better stage presence because he's a relentless Suicyco Maniac.)

All of this can only mean one thing: The new album will suck. Period.
27.01.2008 - 10:37
master OF chaos
Account deleted
is it good! is it bad! who can tell . we only hope that this album will erase the tirrible past (st.anger)and regaine the fans that metallica lost:thumbup:
27.01.2008 - 18:01
cruel pain
carpathian flame
Written by Remus on 26.01.2008 at 01:48

Written by cruel pain on 24.01.2008 at 21:46

i don't think metallica can produce something even a bit similar to the legendary black album

I think they can, actually, i think if they wanted to, they could create something similar to MoP. But see the thing is< they DON'T want to! I think they have this whole "keep up with the times" mentality, and since tr00 metal aint what it used to be back inthe late 80's, then we're not going to get another RTL from the boys from 'Tallica.

Anyway, metal with a "middle eastern feel" to it is nothing new, System of a Down have been doing it for 12 -13 years - just listen to the song "Jet Pilot"

All in all, i'm still curious as to what the new album will sound like!

perhaps u r rite...music now is not wat it used 2 be in da 80s and 90s...metallica r tryin 2 change their music according 2 da recent trends.....n failing miserably....
28.01.2008 - 01:02
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by Søren on 27.01.2008 at 07:00

So many people seem to think the Black Album was so fucking great, while others view it as the turning point for Metallica. It was neither. Bob Rock ensured that it would never be good, at least not by thrash standards. And the real turning point for Metallica was when they kicked drunken ass Dave Mustaine out of the band and all of his songwriting abilities went with him. Granted, Megadeth has released some questionable material themselves over the years, but the best "original" stuff Metallica ever released was when they were still recording the songs Dave helped write. (Note: I say "original" because, quite honestly, I think the best stuff they've ever recorded is other people's music, a la Breadfan, Am I Evil? etc.) Despite the lack of credits on the sleeve, Dave's influence carried on even into Master of Puppets, as we all know Leper Messiah was "stolen" from a track Dave had originally written called "The Hills Run Red."

All of that aside, there was still hope for Metallica ... until Cliff died. Cliff kept them grounded. Once he was out of the picture, Lars' & James' egos took over and the downfall began. Look at all the work Jason did on the first two Flotsam & Jetsam releases (yes, Jason joined Metallica before NPFD was released, but it still contained quite a bit of material he had written that he told them they could keep - 3 tracks credited, but various riffs and melodies throughout the other tracks as well). Then look at Justice and tell me how many credits does Jason have. One? More to the point, where's the fucking bass on that album?!?! Had Metallica utilized Jason's abilities, there's a fair chance that thrash would have never died. Instead, Metallica chose to stifle an artist, forsake their roots, and lead the way for the music industry to turn it's back on thrash and fully embrace grudge.

Fortunately for us, thrash (old-school style, not this metalcore wannabe crap) is in the midst of a revival.
Unfortunately for Metallica, they will never be a part of that revival.

The "Vulturous demo" sounds like a Misfits clone, minus the talent.
The "New Track" live footage on YouTube showcases nothing with any promise.
Robert Trujillo - from his humble roots in Suicidal Tendencies and over a decade with arguably the most well-known name in heavy metal (courtesy of MTV) among others - will be cast to the side much like Jason was. (Although he will most likely be a better stage presence because he's a relentless Suicyco Maniac.)

All of this can only mean one thing: The new album will suck. Period.

Couldn't have put it more eloquently my fellow old man.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

29.01.2008 - 05:23
Marcus
Doit Like Bernie
Does anyone think they listened to the new track before they played it? I turned it off after a minute, too laughable to be music.

Hits total: 11071 | This month: 12