Metal Storm logo
Best Cradle Of Filth album

Original post

Posted by Account deleted, 11.06.2006 - 22:18
It's quite simple, I would like to know what album of Cradle Of Filth you like best, with a good reason (an explanation in musical likability such as : vocals, drums and guitars or other).

My vote went out to Damnation and a Day, I really like what they've done there. Once again subliminal vocals, a full guitar sound, nice drums and immortal lyrics.
It's hard to pick a favourite song off of this one ..
I'd say :
The Promise of Fever
Better To Reign In Hell
Carrion
Presents From The Poison-Hearted
Mannequin
Bab(a)lon AD (So Glad For The Madness)
The Smoke Of Her Burning
Thank God For The Suffering
Hurt And Virtue

I know this is about half the album, but those are just kickass songs. This album made me love Cradle Of Filth!

Discuss your taste!

Poll

What is the best Album created by Cradle Of Filth

Midian
Dusk... And Her Embrace
Cruelty And The Beast
Nymphetamine
Damnation and a Day
The Principle Of Evil Made Flesh
Bitter Suites To Succubi
Lovecraft & Witch Hearts
Live Bait For The Dead

Total votes: 202
17.08.2006 - 22:11
Dark Snake
Account deleted
I voted for Midian, 'cause I think it's their best album.
Though the song Nymphetamine (Both Fix and Jezebel Deva Fix) is a good one, the Nymphetamine album isn't really that good; really.
Anyway, all have different taste, even inside the Cradle Of Filth ring

I'm looking forward to "Thornography"

By the way, why isn't there so many that likes Lovecraft & Witch Hearts?
27.08.2006 - 07:48
Megadeth88
Mine is "The Principle of Evil Made Flesh". Nicholas Barkers drumming is great on that album. Thus making that one of my favorite Cradle of Filth albums.
28.08.2006 - 22:52
Ulric
my favs are "The Principle Of Evil Made Flesh" "V empire" and "Dusk And Her Embrace" Cruelty And The Beast , Midian , Nymphetamine and the other albums are great too , you can listen to one of "Thornography" 's songs (Dirge Inferno) on Cradle's official website
03.09.2006 - 19:11
Dark Snake
Account deleted
Written by Empty Spaces on 24.07.2006 at 22:28

@DarK SeA: People have different opinions about albums. Nymphetamine is not MY favorite but I'm sure alot of people like it. Just like you say that you like Damnation but many people say that it's their worst album.

I totally agree with you, I do not hate Nymphetamine, neither Damnation, my opinion is that Midian is best, but some fans may see Midian as crap. Also: All have different taste.

Cradle Of Filth for life!!! <3333
12.09.2006 - 13:38
DyNo!!
Account deleted
I don't like their first album... My favourite is MIDIAN... Does anyone have read CABAL? it tells of the city of midian...
23.09.2006 - 14:00
Baz Anderson
Staff
'Thornography' is going to have to be squeezed in here somewhere soon
i have heard good things about it although i am still rather sceptical for a number of reasons
25.09.2006 - 19:23
Tydirium
Account deleted
For a long time it was 'Midian' but meantime I prefer 'Damnation
and a Day' because of it's conceptual style with many interludes
and the more complexe song structures
26.09.2006 - 01:16
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Well for me its hard qusten because I like almoust all from ''Principle Of Evil Made Flesh'' till ''Cruelty And The Beast''
Musicaly tha are great and poetic and atmosferic, I dont wanna say other and next isnt, but its still BM leither is something from ''vampire'' Gothic metal and thay change imige.
''Dusk And Her Embrace'' are great album cover and well same I can say ''V Empire'' I wish those girls was real

from leither albums I like ''Midian'' moustly of song ''Her Goust In The Fog'' and from Nhymphetafim'' same title song, so I can sy i prefere firts 4 CoF albums, so I wont vote
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
26.09.2006 - 17:55
Tydirium
Account deleted
I have also to add, that nearly all Cradle of Filth albums are
very different and emphasize certain different atmospheres...
There are many changes in there musical style... I think the
musically progress from the early days up to today
27.09.2006 - 13:41
Mariela.
Account deleted
Bitter Suites To Succubi is the one I've been most listening to lately, that's why I'm gonna vote for that album!
27.09.2006 - 15:11
Tydirium
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 27.09.2006 at 13:41

Bitter Suites To Succubi is the one I've been most listening to lately, that's why I'm gonna vote for that album!

When this album was released, I was listening to it all the day, but after
a while it lost all it's magic... And sady it's still without any magic or power
today...
28.09.2006 - 09:07
Mariela.
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 27.09.2006 at 15:11

Written by Guest on 27.09.2006 at 13:41

When this album was released, I was listening to it all the day, but after
a while it lost all it's magic... And sady it's still without any magic or power
today...

That's too bad..I hadn't been listening to the album for a while, so now it's got it's magic again...for me..I hope you will find it again too after a while! (:
29.09.2006 - 19:11
Jonnz of Steel
I voted for Dusk, everything about that album is so, right! And even more amazing is the fact that Dani actually looks fairly good in the booklet! I think Vempire joins Dusk as being CoF at their finest, but thats an ep as opposed to an album so it doens't count. All of their stuff rocks to be honest but Damnation is possibly my least favourite
29.09.2006 - 19:19
Warman
Erotic Stains
Why do so many dislike Damnation and a Day? It could easely be the best album ever! Dani Filth's voice is better than ever, same thing with Sarah, the lyrics are deep and intelligent, the orchestra and the choirs are amazing and live in symbios with the bands instruments. All the 17 songs are amazing. Why isn't the album more appreciated?
----
30.09.2006 - 01:36
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Written by Warman on 29.09.2006 at 19:19

Dani Filth's voice is better than ever

Nah, he could scream significantly higher for longer periods of time on their older cd's.
04.10.2006 - 05:04
BurbotsRevenge
Foetal Butchery
nympehatamine won my vote. the vocals are more melodic and the brutallity of the album makes it the best. nymphetamine is the perfect example.
----
Dark death metal from Sydney: https://www.facebook.com/GolgothanRemains
05.10.2006 - 16:19
{aud}devil
Lush McGee
I'm just gonnna support the Nymphetamine fans even though I voted for Midian, which is winning the poll but still, Even you have to admit that the duet of Nymphetamine with Leaves' Eyes own Liv Kristine was emotionally good. Maybe I'm just saying that because I am German Native... Anywho, I think a mix of their greatest songs would be their best album on the market. For Example, Mannequin, Her Ghost In The Fog, etc.
----
Awesome sauce, chicken boss!
Laugh until it means something
14.11.2006 - 15:39
Jiri
Dusk and her Embrace is the best! It does not get much better than "A Gothic Romance!"
15.11.2006 - 14:24
Katatronik
Angel of Lust
I really love all pre-Nymphetamine CoF albums, so it's a Hard choice... but I voted Dusk...And Her Embrace.
Dusk... 10: incredible atmospheres, freezing vocals, powerful drumming. the best!
Cruelty... 9.8: amazing concept, sinister melodies, superb!
Midian 9.6: more gothic and dark... Her ghost in the fog... great!
Damnation 9.5: fantastic concept and Dani's best vocals... another masterpiece!
----

"The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear,
and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown."
Howard Phillips Lovecraft
14.12.2006 - 06:43
Seraphim
Account deleted
New album has some bright spots on it... see a sort of return to old Filth (sort of). But... Temptation? Sounded like Gothic Madonna...

My favourite album is Dusk... and Her Embrace followed by Midian and Cruelty and the Beast. Definitely up amongst my favourite albums of all-time. Dani's vocals and lyrics, combined with the overall atmosphere of Cradle of Filth makes them still one of my favourite bands.
01.03.2007 - 23:46
Ultraraw
Account deleted
I voted for "Damnation and a Day",it's fake-Gothic but then a great album.
"Better To Reign in Hell" is more on the catchy side with a simple
verse/choros/break/chorus structure.The music isn´t terribly different from past releases
01.03.2007 - 23:56
APOHAKC
The Bard
Dusk... and Her Embrace for me, among my top five albums all time, real masterpiece of metal. All songs are ubelieveble, Danis vocals was amazing, and guitar riffs are fatastic, along with strong bass line it was great combination. Songs like Haunted Shores, Funeral In Carpathia, Dusk And Her Embrace... are metal classics and even people are spiting on them right now, no one can't say that this album is awful and to be right. Keys are amazing and they are giving great atmosphere on this album, just listen to Beauty Slept In Sodom and you will know what I am talking about, masterpiece!
----
They say that we are gone but I can't let you down
The heathen faith will rise again we won't fail now
I know we cannot die forever is our time
Give my people back to me free from Christianity!!!!
26.06.2007 - 21:35
Sacred Viking
My album is Nymphetamine because it has a very good rifs and vocal session by dany. my second album is Midian, therd Dusk and her embrace...:metal::metal:
26.06.2007 - 22:10
APOHAKC
The Bard
Written by Sacred Viking on 26.06.2007 at 21:35

My album is Nymphetamine because it has a very good rifs and vocal session by dany. my second album is Midian, therd Dusk and her embrace...:metal::metal:

Yeah, Nymphetamine have some rally good riffs, on that aspect probably best Cradle Of Filth album, they never had that kind of riffs before. Vocals are little weaker than before if you ask me, but also very good. Oh yeah, guitar harmonies on Nymphetamine are top of the cream, and the best Cradle Of Filth riff, introducing guitar riff for Coffin Fedder, really amazing, best COF riff ever
----
29.06.2007 - 17:21
Abattoir
Staff
Cruelty and the Beast...the best album for me. Also, Midian and Nyphetamine are great albums too...but Cruelty And The Beast, i don't know, I just like it.
I could listen this album forever
29.06.2007 - 21:49
Sacred Viking
Written by APOHAKC on 26.06.2007 at 22:10

Written by Sacred Viking on 26.06.2007 at 21:35

Yeah, Nymphetamine have some rally good riffs, on that aspect probably best Cradle Of Filth album, they never had that kind of riffs before. Vocals are little weaker than before if you ask me, but also very good. Oh yeah, guitar harmonies on Nymphetamine are top of the cream, and the best Cradle Of Filth riff, introducing guitar riff for Coffin Fedder, really amazing, best COF riff ever
It is OK. I Agree with you but Nymphetamine it is first COF album i have heard and now it is my Favorite album of all time.
29.06.2007 - 22:18
APOHAKC
The Bard
Yeah, I know how first albums can have sentimentals values
----
02.07.2007 - 03:30
Varegan
Hamranakara
I have one their albums called _destinations_ that is cool ghotic/black metal album. but I dont like this band at all
----
Written by muthafucka on 08.07.2010 at 06:46

"METAL STORM" (LIGHTING STRIKES)
02.07.2007 - 05:03
selken
Irreligious
Midian is the balance between their early black and the modern extreme gothic. So I voted for it.
----
22.02.2008 - 18:07
Sepulchre
Lord Hypnos
A very hard choice between Dusk... And Her Embrace, Cruelty And The Beast, and Midian. I chose Dusk... And Her Embrace because of the atmosphere it creates and most of my favorite Cradle Of Filth songs come from it.