Metal Storm logo
True Metal: Lessons in Superiority

Original post

Posted by -Valhalla-, 31.03.2008 - 08:32
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mKuq9_wsvdY
Here's a new video I made for the sole purpose of pissing a lot people off, with complete disregard for anyone elses opinion and taste in music. Pretty much pointing out all the trendy people and bands that i hate, who are popular in metal culture right now. Discuss? Angry Responses? Agreements? Corrections? Anyone?
21.05.2008 - 19:06
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Admin
just out of curiosity, you slam on bands that are popular in your video - yet list Machine Head as one of your favorites. their devolution of their first three albums from copying elements of semi-popular metal bands to hop on the nu-metal money train is a sell-out to popularity of epic proportions.

megadeth is another on your favorites list, and another band that altered their sound, softening it up between "Rust in Piece" to "Countdown" to make it far more radio-friendly in their efforts to follow in metallica's $$$$ footsteps.

i guess you should be mocking and ridiculing your own tastes in music as well, as they are clearly, well, inferior.
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
21.05.2008 - 20:04
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by BitterCOld on 21.05.2008 at 19:06

just out of curiosity, you slam on bands that are popular in your video - yet list Machine Head as one of your favorites. their devolution of their first three albums from copying elements of semi-popular metal bands to hop on the nu-metal money train is a sell-out to popularity of epic proportions.

megadeth is another on your favorites list, and another band that altered their sound, softening it up between "Rust in Piece" to "Countdown" to make it far more radio-friendly in their efforts to follow in metallica's $$$$ footsteps.

i guess you should be mocking and ridiculing your own tastes in music as well, as they are clearly, well, inferior.

So true, so true
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

21.05.2008 - 20:06
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Admin
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 21.05.2008 at 20:04

So true, so true

it's as close to "true" as i will ever get, being the fake poser that i am.
----

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
21.05.2008 - 20:16
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by BitterCOld on 21.05.2008 at 20:06

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 21.05.2008 at 20:04

So true, so true

it's as close to "true" as i will ever get, being the fake poser that i am.

These two fae posers agree, and rooooooooooooooooooooooooooollllll

Well, videos like this always make me crack up like mad cause they tend to slag off popular bands whereas the the tastes of the maker of such a vid is still as mainstream as can be, and usually likes even dodgier bands than the ones he/she tries to diss.
This is the sort of person who thinks that Wacken Open Air is a cool festival where in fact that is one of the festivals (just like Graspop) that is dictated by the record companies and popular taste around.
To these sort of people I would like to say: Grow up, define your own taste and don't let it be affected by the industry which it clearly is at the moment.
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

21.05.2008 - 22:48
Baz Anderson
Staff
are you serious? you are telling people that think Wacken is a cool place to go to grow up? that is a mighty lot of people..
yeh, Wacken isn't the most underground and "true" festival, there are a lot of mainstream metal bands at the festival this year but there are a lot of lesser known bands as well. you would never get 60,000 people at an open air festival with only underground, less known bands, and the size of the festival is one thing that adds to the experience
this is a music festival after all, it could be much much worse - Wacken is still a very credible festival if not only overly popular due to its reputation

but yeh.. Craig is totally right. this video is pathetic
21.05.2008 - 22:52
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Baz Anderson on 21.05.2008 at 22:48

are you serious? you are telling people that think Wacken is a cool place to go to grow up? that is a mighty lot of people..
yeh, Wacken isn't the most underground and "true" festival, there are a lot of mainstream metal bands at the festival this year but there are a lot of lesser known bands as well. you would never get 60,000 people at an open air festival with only underground, less known bands, and the size of the festival is one thing that adds to the experience
this is a music festival after all, it could be much much worse - Wacken is still a very credible festival if not only overly popular due to its reputation

about growing hmmm dunno, anyplace where are river and wher eare fest are good place where live, but in Hungary, Czech republic and Slovakia are better gest for underground and unknown bands and MUCH CHEEPER ticket, living and food but nothig can be better hwo duitch doom days
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
21.05.2008 - 23:15
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Admin
baz - i think you got your signals crossed in regards to marcel's post.

as i read it, it's two thoughts:

1. assertion the OP probably thinks Wacken is cool, when in fact Wacken's line-up is also dictated by labels and trends within metal.

2. second point is the grow-up remark. define your own tastes. herd mentality is not limited to the mainstream, but within subcultures as well. "true" dictates which albums you can listen to (those which are "supreme") and those you cannot (those that are popular outside the metal subculture) - rip off the shackles, be daring, and listen to whatever the fuck you want, enjoy whatever the fuck you want, and let everyone else's opinion of what's cool or what's crap be damned.
----

22.05.2008 - 07:36
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by Baz Anderson on 21.05.2008 at 22:48

Somehow I think you totally missed the point I was trying to make...

Please read Craig's post just above this one where he explains what I meant.

But of course no harm done
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

29.05.2008 - 05:40
Haightredy
Watched one minute of this, then added it to my favorites.