Metal Storm logo
Cannibal Corpse: Corpsegrinder vs. Barnes

Original post

Posted by Anarchist, 31.03.2008 - 09:55
Personally I think Corpsegrinder is better. Barnes just doesn't seem to have the same enthusiasm, still good though. I've heard a lot of people who think differently and I'd like to know why.

Poll

Which singer for Cannibal Corpse do you like the most?

George "Corpsegrinder" Fisher
Chris Barnes

Total votes: 160
29.01.2010 - 18:02
thewall30
Damn thats hard, their two amazing death metal vocalists...
----
29.01.2010 - 18:45
Uirapuru
Liver Failure
Chris Barnes is THE death metal voice to me! o/ The best CC albuns have his name on, too bad his name is in the mud thanks to a certain side-project :
----

----
member of the true crusade against old school heavy metal, early 80s thrash, NWOBHM, traditional doom, first and second wave black metal, old school death metal, US power metal, 70s prog rock and atmospheric doomsludgestoner. o/
21.07.2010 - 01:08
JD
Account deleted
For me i like Chris in the first Cannibal Corpse albums specially "Tomb Of The Mutilated" and "The Bleeding" and i think the Torture Killer album "Swarm", but am not a Six Feet Under fan there is some good albums but.. about George Fisher i enjoyed all the Cannibal Corpse albums with him plus Paths Of Possession are amazing.. i voted for George Fisher "Corpsegrinder" becouse i like his music the most and he got the best personality though.
21.07.2010 - 01:12
JD
Account deleted
Written by Uirapuru on 29.01.2010 at 18:45

Chris Barnes is THE death metal voice to me! o/ The best CC albuns have his name on, too bad his name is in the mud thanks to a certain side-project :

yeah sad
21.07.2010 - 11:00
vezzy
Stallmanite
Neither.

Jim Carrey is the ultimate Cannibal Corpse frontman.
----
Licensed under the GPLv3.
Relinquish proprietary software for a greater GNU/America.
21.07.2010 - 14:49
Demonmayonnaise
I like them both, but I like Barnes' albums better. I think Corpsegrinder is a better vocalist though.
21.07.2010 - 18:17
JD
Account deleted
Written by vezzy on 21.07.2010 at 11:00

Neither.

Jim Carrey is the ultimate Cannibal Corpse frontman.

yeah maybe
01.08.2010 - 17:39
Perseverence
Account deleted
I have to say Chris because through Corpseginder got me into the band I enjoy not only early CC, I enjoy Six Feet Under.
01.08.2010 - 18:40
Vombatus
Potorro
Corpsegrinder is good but I think Barnes suites much better CC. He sounds much more evil and sick. Oh, and cookie monster vocals are amazing
03.04.2011 - 23:43
blacktooth85
Corpsegrinder
03.04.2011 - 23:45
Yasmine
Written by Vombatus on 01.08.2010 at 18:40

Corpsegrinder is good but I think Barnes suites much better CC. He sounds much more evil and sick. Oh, and cookie monster vocals are amazing

I actually don't like DM metal vocals much though I love the music, but Barnes does WAY more with his voice than Corpsegrinder does.
----
"Both optimists and pessimists contribute to our society. The optimist invents the airplane and the pessimist the parachute." G B Stern
"Society is like a stew. If you don't stir it up every once in a while then a layer of scum float u
19.04.2011 - 04:52
Void_Eater
Account deleted
I like Chris Barnes better, but I can't say why... Just better I reckon... Both are good of course.
21.04.2011 - 10:37
*MetalSlave*
Chris Barnes gave the signature sound to death metal vocals. He is a legend. When Chris Barnes does the highs you can never say that its the same guy, especially in the CC song "Fucked with a knife".
Corpsegrinder on the other hand has his own vocal style. To me he sounds like he is loosing his voice, but still brutal. Both are amazing but i prefer Chris Barnes
20.05.2011 - 16:32
Razorback
I like George Fisher better.
----
Careful what you wish,you may regret it.Careful what you wish,you just might get it!
12.06.2011 - 19:31
king_matt
Barnes all the way. Like everyone that voted for him are saying, he has a much more brutal and evil sound than Corpsegrinder.
----
http://www.last.fm/user/King_Matt
17.06.2011 - 00:53
Metal_4Ever
George Fisher, I think he is a deadly man or Zombie or somthing like that..
20.06.2011 - 04:30
I like them both equally. I've listen to more of Corpsegrinder's though.
04.10.2011 - 21:46
I like them both, Eaten Back to Life and Tomb of the Mutilated are two of my favorite death metal albums, but overall I prefer Corpsegrinder's vocals
----
THRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASH!
05.10.2011 - 01:33
edgethrasherx
Personally i like Barnes vocals better, and he has contributed to their best albums. But Corspegrinder seems to have more energy, and better presence and has contributed to more albums so ill have to go with him
----
"killing for religion. something i don't understand"-Dave Mustaine
05.10.2011 - 21:57
BeastOfMetal456
Account deleted
Written by *MetalSlave* on 21.04.2011 at 10:37

Chris Barnes gave the signature sound to death metal vocals. He is a legend. When Chris Barnes does the highs you can never say that its the same guy, especially in the CC song "Fucked with a knife".
Corpsegrinder on the other hand has his own vocal style. To me he sounds like he is loosing his voice, but still brutal. Both are amazing but i prefer Chris Barnes

Couldn't agree more on both statements, but I think Chris is somehow a little boring.
01.11.2011 - 19:55
metalheadpunk
Account deleted
Written by king_matt on 12.06.2011 at 19:31

Barnes all the way. Like everyone that voted for him are saying, he has a much more brutal and evil sound than Corpsegrinder.

Hell yeah man, Fisher's vocals are actually understandable, and Barnes' werent at all pretty much and thats something that made him stand out. His growls are way more righteous. Fisher's seem way too mainstream death metal.
26.05.2012 - 12:14
Corpsegrinder is so energetic.
----
{}::::::[]:::::::::::::::::> ONLY DEATH IS REAL <:::::::::::::::::[]::::::{}
Rest In Peace: Bon Scott, Dave G. Halliday, Michael "Destructor" Wulf, Jerry Fogle, Quorthon, Witchhunter
05.08.2012 - 19:23
Sentinel65
I would have most likely said Barnes, but after hearing Six Feet Under I have lost a large amount of respect for his work. Corpsegrinder is a great death vocalist and keeps up a steady pattern of good work.
11.03.2018 - 04:04
CobiWan1993
Secundum Filium
I never really found Barnes' vocals to be all that impressive, even on his earlier work with Cannibal Corpse but now they've deteriorated big time with Six Feet Under. Fisher has a great mix of low grunts and high shrieks that I find really energizing and he seems to be doing a better job at maintaining a consistent quality to his vocals which I can respect.
----
Ordinary men hate solitude. But the Master makes use of it, embracing his aloneness, realizing he is one with the whole universe (Lao Tzu).
18.05.2018 - 05:34
EricAxel36
I enjoy Corpsegrinder's vocals more, but Barnes-era CC music is better.

Live Cannibalism is fun to listen to
25.06.2018 - 22:53
Barnes!