Metal Storm logo
Opera

Original post

Posted by Susan, 17.05.2006 - 04:58
We had a nice little opera topic in the old forum, let's get it going again

Favourite composers? Favourite shows? Favourite Divas?

My favourite composer of opera is Verdi. His signature sound just breaks my heart I love many composers but no one comes close to the personal connection I have with Verdi's best operas.

My favourite opera is of course Aida, by Verdi. However, it's a near tie with Le Nozze di Figaro (The Marriage of Figaro) by Mozart. This is a comedy and very, very fun. One of my career goals is to play the part of The Countess in a professional production of Figaro.
17.05.2009 - 02:28
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
Well, I don't knw much about opera... ut I was watching some Pavarotti videos on youtube and whoa... He was amazing... I'd like to learn more about the whole gnre, TBH...
----
"Nobody wants to be the weird kid, you just end up being the weird kid. You don't know how you ended up getting there" - Rob Zombie

http://jonas-bs.deviantart.com My dA, mainly photography, go check it out!
20.05.2009 - 22:44
The first opera I saw was 'Eugene Onegin' by Pyotr Ilyich Tchaikovsky. It was pretty awesome! The performance was great and the music as well and everything was full of emotions
09.01.2023 - 19:19
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
"Last Paradise Lost" is the new rock opera by Günter Werno, Andy Kuntz, Stephan Lill and Johannes Reitmeier.

Based on John Milton's verse epic Paradise Lost.

----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
03.06.2023 - 08:28

truly heaven
03.06.2023 - 14:11
JoHn Doe
^ how is posting an Enya video relevant to this topic?
----
I thought the two primary purposes for the internet were cat memes and overreactions.
03.06.2023 - 15:27
Written by JoHn Doe on 03.06.2023 at 14:11

^ how is posting an Enya video relevant to this topic?

Really ? i thought she has opera element. Sorry if its irrelevant, im new to opera, just interested in for few months.
08.06.2023 - 21:13
IronAngel
Opera is really best either seen live or watched on DVD with subtitles as the entire piece, since it's as much theatre as it is music. Sure some Mozart or Verdi has songs that are effective even outside their context, but it's not really ideal to just listen. And I especially don't understand outtakes of Wagner, since his whole point is the excruciating musical blue-balling that lulls you into a kind of trance, and then the few musical high points hit so much harder.

Really, just borrow the whole Ring cycle and watch it four nights in a row, or within a few weeks. It'll change everything. Or if you want the complete opposite, Die Zauberflöte is pretty much perfect for an accessible and catchy romp.