Metal Storm logo
Destruction - New Album Due This Summer

Teutonic Thrash veterans Destruction have entered the Hansen Studio and have revealed their new album will be entitled "D.E.V.O.L.U.T.I.O.N."! The official AFM Records press release reads as follows:

"2008 - 25 years of German Thrash Metal history has elapsed, but still the unrelenting Thrash Monster that is Destruction is hungry, out there and on your trail!! The degeneration of the human race human can be delayed no longer.

Perfectly transforming this ethos into 10 destructive new Thrash hymns including blistering moments such as "Offenders Of The Throne", "Under Compulsion" or "Doomed To Devolution", this upcoming album will re-write Thrash Metal history! Meaner and more musical than ever before, the German metal originator reports back after three years without a new studio record! Sure, "Thrash Anthems" put down a marker, but that was bringing the past stingingly up to date. This is the future. Mark the 29th of August as an "Official" Thrash Metal Holiday!!!

While we were enjoying the first rays of Spring earlier this month, Destruction's three way killing machine was hard at work. Songwriting and final rehearsals are now complete, and Schmier, Mike and Marc will withdraw to the Hansen Studios in Ribe, Denmark with Jacob Hansen on April 21st.

"Celebrating 25 years of Destruction is of course an additional motivation to record a new classic", reports Schmier with his characteristic "Code Of Honour"!! "But the band has never before been so well prepared for a recording, and the new material is very dynamic crashing straight in your face! All Thrash maniacs can now look forward to a merciless and varied album which will put its predecessors in the shade! Beware!!"

On the release front the new album is set to be released in Europe on the 29th of August 2008 (Sept. 1st in the UK). And, Destruction will then devastate the musical landscape with their historic "25th Anniversary World Tour" details of which will follow in due course. There are also plans for a full DVD release later in the year; all in the cause of celebrating one-quarter century of classic German Thrash Metal with all the faithful fans worldwide!"

Source: afm-records.de
Band profile: Destruction
Posted: 06.05.2008 by Thryce

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 12   Visited by: 46 users
06.05.2008 - 16:34
White Winter Sun
Laboratory's Rat
Really good news. Definitively I'm looking forward to this new album.
06.05.2008 - 20:18
Murder

Written by White Winter Sun on 06.05.2008 at 16:34

Yeahh man!!!

I'm looking forward too!!!!!

This guys doing everything soo fucking good!!! I wanna listen this new material soon!
06.05.2008 - 21:36
selken
Irreligious
Written by Murder on 06.05.2008 at 20:18

Yeahh man!!!

This guys doing everything soo fucking good!!! I wanna listen this new material soon!

+2 xD

their last album was the motherfuckin shit!!!!!
----
06.05.2008 - 22:32
Infurnace

I'm really looking out to this album. Destruction never gets boring to me.
06.05.2008 - 23:24
Promonex
Cathemeral
I don't need a new album, I want that DVD! >_<
----
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu... This is the truth! This is my belief! ...At least for now.
- The Mystery of Life, Vol. 841 Ch. 26
07.05.2008 - 03:40
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
YAYYYYYY
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
07.05.2008 - 06:42
Zamoth

Hope this new album be as good as The Antichrist
07.05.2008 - 08:31
Thrash666

Written by selken on 06.05.2008 at 21:36

Written by Murder on 06.05.2008 at 20:18

Yeahh man!!!

+2 xD

their last album was the motherfuckin shit!!!!!

+3
Cant Fuckin Wait!!!!!!!!!
----
LONG LIVE THASH!!!!!!!!!
R.I.P. "Dimebag" Darrell Abott
Drink a "blacktooth" for Dimebag
07.05.2008 - 12:41
Baz Anderson

Written by Promonex on 06.05.2008 at 23:24

I don't need a new album, I want that DVD! >_<

hahaha yes!!! where is the DVD?!

still.. a new album will be great anyway..
07.05.2008 - 16:04
Stalker
Lone wanderer
Hmm.. Nice. Sounds promising.
----
07.05.2008 - 23:32
Desertman
Account deleted
good news and amazing year of thrash metal
exodus,death angel,testament,destruction...who is next?
08.05.2008 - 13:32
DrunkenFuck
Thrasher!
Can't wait for this one! It's being recorded 30 miles away from where I live!!
----
THRASH!!!

Hits total: 3322 | This month: 9