Metal Storm logo
I broke my neck

23.05.2008 - 02:25
Asphyxia
Account deleted
I put a huge crack through the headstock of my RR3, right through the tuning peg for my low E. Is there any way to fix that? I want to just do it myself or buy a new neck if I have to. So if I need a new neck, how do I go about getting one?

EDIT: As you can see, the crack goes riiight through the tuning peg, including the little screw that keeps it from turning, and thus it's tilted towards my other tuning pegs. My guitar stays relatively in tune because of my floyd, so for the time being, it's fine. But I know eventually it'll go so flat I can't tune it with the fine tuners by the bridge, and I'm gonna have to do something about it.
23.05.2008 - 02:52
Varegan
Hamranakara
you must certainly untwist and open your E string at first and then use the toughest glue to repair it
----
Written by muthafucka on 08.07.2010 at 06:46

"METAL STORM" (LIGHTING STRIKES)
23.05.2008 - 14:42
Valentin B
Iconoclast
how in the hell did you this? did you smash it to the ground or something?

well, anyway, try getting one of those little instant glue tubes. use them like crazy on the crack, and if it doesn't work, get a new neck...
23.05.2008 - 14:44
Sunioj
Bring it to a professional.
23.05.2008 - 14:53
BurbotsRevenge
Foetal Butchery
yeh how did you do it??
----
Dark death metal from Sydney: https://www.facebook.com/GolgothanRemains
23.05.2008 - 23:08
vatro
Account deleted
Wow this is strange how did you do it
27.05.2008 - 02:31
Asphyxia
Account deleted
Yeah I really should have included how it happened in my first post. Well, what happened was, I had it sitting on a computer chair, and I was moving the computer chair across the floor and didn't realize my guitar was falling off until it actually hit the ground. The body hit first, bridge-down, and then the headstock slammed down right on the tuning peg and put that huge crack in it. That's the only visible damage. It was a hard tiled floor in my basement.
27.05.2008 - 09:14
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by Guest on 27.05.2008 at 02:31

Yeah I really should have included how it happened in my first post. Well, what happened was, I had it sitting on a computer chair, and I was moving the computer chair across the floor and didn't realize my guitar was falling off until it actually hit the ground. The body hit first, bridge-down, and then the headstock slammed down right on the tuning peg and put that huge crack in it. That's the only visible damage. It was a hard tiled floor in my basement.

that's strange. my guitar fell on the floor(whichever floor that was) about 5-6 times and it only had a few more scratches. maybe it's cause it's so light though. anyway what did you do with the neck?
28.05.2008 - 02:38
Asphyxia
Account deleted
Written by Valentin B on 27.05.2008 at 09:14

Written by Guest on 27.05.2008 at 02:31

that's strange. my guitar fell on the floor(whichever floor that was) about 5-6 times and it only had a few more scratches. maybe it's cause it's so light though. anyway what did you do with the neck?

My guitar is pretty light too, but I wasn't very surprised when it broke. I still have the neck on my guitar, I'm going to try to fix it tomorrow.
28.05.2008 - 08:23
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by Guest on 28.05.2008 at 02:38

My guitar is pretty light too, but I wasn't very surprised when it broke. I still have the neck on my guitar, I'm going to try to fix it tomorrow.

procrastination is a guitarist's best friend
28.05.2008 - 19:51
Asphyxia
Account deleted
Written by Varegan on 23.05.2008 at 02:52

you must certainly untwist and open your E string at first and then use the toughest glue to repair it

I took your advice. I went to the hardware store and picked up some Krazy Glue, took my string off and glued it back in place. It's drying right now, but I really think it's going to work. The only thing I'm worried about is if the glue were to find its way to the tuning peg, and accidentally hold it in position, keeping it from turning. If that doesn't happen, the tension of the string could still cause the crack to snap back open, but I used some pretty strong glue, and I don't think it will happen.

I'll give everyone one last update when I've re-strung the tuning peg. Thanks
29.05.2008 - 17:08
Asphyxia
Account deleted
I re-strung it last night and it didn't snap, and I have the tuning locks tightened. Everything is working fine, so we'll see if it holds.