Metal Storm logo
Flogging Molly

21.06.2006 - 15:45
GT
Coffee!!
Staff
Anyone know about an American/Irish band called Flogging Molly? They play a mix of Irish folk music and rock and are quite entertaining live.

What's your opinion?
----

Dreams are made so we don't get bored when we sleep
21.06.2006 - 17:37
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
They're good, the first time I heard them was live. Live they make a real party, but on CD they disappionted me 100%.
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
21.06.2006 - 17:56
fire101
Account deleted
I think they are great on cd. I love the genuine Irish vibe they have. Its excellent music.
21.06.2006 - 18:31
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
Hmm, I might have heard the wrong songs then. Anyway, after loving their live show, their CD-music was just boring folk/punk, or whatever you call it.
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
22.06.2006 - 00:02
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Admin
I like "Drunken Lullabies" - the first five or six tracks of that album are really strong, although the last couple tracks are a let down.
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
23.06.2006 - 16:00
danzig111
Account deleted
are they the guys who sing "Whiskey In The Jar"?
23.06.2006 - 23:33
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Admin
"Whiskey in the Jar" is a traditional Irish folk song...

Metallica, Thin Lizzy and The Pogues have all recorded versions, as have many others.

To my knowledge they haven't released a studio recorded version, but it wouldn't surprise me in the least if they had played it live.
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
24.06.2006 - 00:19
danzig111
Account deleted
^^^^^oh okay, thanks for making that clear
26.06.2006 - 21:54
GT
Coffee!!
Staff
@danzig111: they've probably done it live as mentioned, but you might think of The Dubliners...they've done a pretty good job there
----

Dreams are made so we don't get bored when we sleep
26.06.2006 - 22:14
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
You can't be in a bad mood when listening to this band.
16.07.2006 - 03:53
matos
Written by Dangerboner on 26.06.2006 at 22:14

You can't be in a bad mood when listening to this band.

yep, they really make the mood, makes me wanna drink
----
19.07.2006 - 09:44
Shadegrown
I have al their albums, they're great. Makes me wanna drink too, especialy Irish drinking songs
20.07.2006 - 07:39
Clintagräm
Shrinebuilder
I listened to them some time back, like years. It's been a while but I still remember pretty clear they were a really upbeat band. I loved the Folk part of the music the most. Alright music.
----
The force will be with you, always.
27.07.2006 - 00:51
Edible Autopsy
Ah an awesome band in my opinion. I only own their Within A Mile Of Home album. It's a classic none the less, a few weak tracks but overall good. I would do anything to see them live. Don't think they've been to Australia yet though. Can't wait till they tour here.
----
So let it be written
So let it be done
I've be sent here by the chosen one

So let it be written
So let it be done
To kill the first born pharoah son

I'm Creeping Death
09.08.2006 - 15:30
Ernotar
Cookie Mistress
I just saw them live last weekend and they were crazy. Really entertaining and made me wanna dance. Every song sounded pretty much the same, but the audience had fun. Maybe not the sort of music I´d buy on cd, but a hell of a live band.
----
You'll never walk alone.
06.10.2006 - 22:57
TrinX
Account deleted
I have all their albums but i'll probably never have the chance to see them live
I love their mix of punk and irish folk a verry creazy music
07.10.2006 - 14:42
TheDamned
Account deleted
Excelent band , just recieved their live album and it's good , expect the new version of Laura wich can't beat the Alive Behind the Green Door one . Hope to catch them live one day : I already saw Dropkick Murphys (it was awesome btw) , going to see the Pogues in december , now I have to see FM and The Real Mckenzies (and of course The Dubliners)
13.02.2009 - 01:46
Gigginova
Account deleted
Lol wow I can't believe what little I knew about these guys before.
I like them these days. Celtic Punk is nice, also Dropkick Murphys
06.03.2009 - 22:33
Dane Train
Beers & Kilts
Elite
I've just recently got into this band. It actually is because one of my brother's friends left a Flogging Molly sweatshirt in my car and I've been wearing it. It is a cool looking item, but I felt like a tool wearing it and not knowing their music.
----
(space for rent)
06.03.2009 - 22:35
Diabolos
Space For Rent!
Wow, i didn't know how famous these guys are all over the world . And i have to say i also like them a lot, Drunken Lullabies is such a funny song ^^
15.03.2014 - 21:52
Guib
Thrash Talker
I love this band... Drunken Lullabies and Float are my favorite albums by them.
And I agree with Thunderaxe dropkick murphys are also awesome. You should try listening to
The Rumjacks and The Dreadnoughts. Both very good Folk sounding punk bands.
----
- Headbanging with mostly clogged arteries to that stuff -
Guib's List Of Essential Albums
- Also Thrash Paradise
Thrash Here
18.03.2014 - 06:45
AngelofDeth
Cyborg Raptor
Used to love this band back in middle/high school. Their first 2 albums are gold(Swagger & Drunken Lullabies)!

But I've found there later releases to be much less inspired and bland with less stand out tracks. Haven't checked out their latest yet though so maybe that one is a little better. Anyway the lack of good new releases from them made me lose interest in them.

But for those looking to get into them, go for their first two albums, they dont disapoint!
----
pewpew.. gotcha
25.04.2014 - 03:52
raveneffect
They're one of my favourite bands but their latest releases seem to disapoint me more and more. Float was kind of mediocre and Speed of Darkness is by far their worst. I don't mind the band switching gears as long as they maintain some sort ot quality.