Metal Storm logo
Origin

23.06.2006 - 06:34
SepulchralOath
Account deleted
Has anyone here heard of this band? They're currently signed to Relapse records, and as far as I know, have released three albums: Origin, Informis Infinitas Inhumanitas, and Echoes of Decimation. They play pretty tight and brutal Death Metal/Grind and are often compared to label-mates Suffocation and Hate Eternal.
23.06.2006 - 06:42
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
hmm, I have never thought that they sounded remotely similar to Suffocation or Hate Eternal, but they're still alright. I have Informis Infinitas Inhumanitas and I wasn't too attached to it. I think I need to listen to more of it though.
23.06.2006 - 06:51
Sepulchral Oath
Account deleted
Written by Dangerboner on 23.06.2006 at 06:42

hmm, I have never thought that they sounded remotely similar to Suffocation or Hate Eternal, but they're still alright. I have Informis Infinitas Inhumanitas and I wasn't too attached to it. I think I need to listen to more of it though.

Now that i think about it, they dont sound that similar to either band, its just two band names that have been thrown around in discussions about Origin. A reviewer compared them to Krisiun once, and i actually think thats probably more accurate of a comparison.
23.06.2006 - 06:53
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Written by Guest on 23.06.2006 at 06:51

Now that i think about it, they dont sound that similar to either band, its just two band names that have been thrown around in discussions about Origin. A reviewer compared them to Krisiun once, and i actually think thats probably more accurate of a comparison.

I don't know man. I was under the impression that Origin is a death/grind band and Krisiun is more death thrash.
23.06.2006 - 07:00
Sepulchral Oath
Account deleted
Written by Dangerboner on 23.06.2006 at 06:53

I don't know man. I was under the impression that Origin is a grind band and Krisiun is more death thrash.

You said you have Informis, right? Take a listen to Portal...personally the song gives me a Krisiun-esque vibe.
23.06.2006 - 07:11
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Written by Guest on 23.06.2006 at 07:00

Written by Dangerboner on 23.06.2006 at 06:53

I don't know man. I was under the impression that Origin is a grind band and Krisiun is more death thrash.

You said you have Informis, right? Take a listen to Portal...personally the song gives me a Krisiun-esque vibe.

Yeah I'll do that.
23.06.2006 - 07:46
Clintagräm
Shrinebuilder
They're not bad, in fact they are quite fun to listen to. They are coming around here with Divine Empire and Malevolent Creation in August, I might go and see them. Fast and brutal indeed.
----
The force will be with you, always.
31.08.2006 - 13:25
Passenger
Lost To Apathy
Their self-titled was weak, but the other 2 albums are great, very brutal but modern-sounding.
----
You don't make up for your sins in church. You do it in the streets. You do it at home. The rest is bullshit and you know it ~ Mean Streets
01.09.2006 - 09:53
SkinChamber
Account deleted
Excellent band, it's more technical death than grind. Amazing live act! Informis...has to be my fav, although I do quite like Echoes Of Decimation.
12.09.2006 - 06:47
Immortal Plague
Bloodshedder
Hey, Origin, nice, someone else made a topic on them, their an awsome band, without a dought, dont of the many bands i will still listen to constantly, I actually saw a few albums by Origin, why i didint get them i dont know why, but yea, their and awsome band, for anyone that hasent heard of them check them out for sure, their awsome.
09.01.2007 - 00:45
Stigmatized
These guys are awesome. I haven't heard their self-titled, but their other 2 albums are great. These guys can play too.
08.03.2008 - 04:24
I'm not a huge fan of this band, but for whatever reason, I'm really excited about their upcoming release. They just seem like a band that would get better with age.
08.03.2008 - 04:39
Stigmatized
The new song I heard on their Myspace was insane. The new album should be insane.
08.03.2008 - 05:55
NOИ
yep, I'm waiting for their new album Antithesis too. check the cover

coming out 04/01/08
08.03.2008 - 20:06
Visioneerie
Urban Monster
Written by Stigmatized on 08.03.2008 at 04:39

The new song I heard on their Myspace was insane. The new album should be insane.

Yes i agree with you dude. I just listened to their new song on myspace, and it's killer. I like the guitarwork, it's quite refreshing and somewhat original, althought the blastbeats have a strange sound near the middle of the track they seem faded a little. Might be because i was tired and just woke up. These guys have a very good sound IMO, not your everyday death metal band. I'll be purchasing their new album for sure.
----
Any man can stand adversity, but to test his character give him power - A. Lincoln
02.04.2008 - 05:37
Jason W.
Razorbliss
Staff
Written by Visioneerie on 08.03.2008 at 20:06

Written by Stigmatized on 08.03.2008 at 04:39

Yes i agree with you dude. I just listened to their new song on myspace, and it's killer. I like the guitarwork, it's quite refreshing and somewhat original, althought the blastbeats have a strange sound near the middle of the track they seem faded a little. Might be because i was tired and just woke up. These guys have a very good sound IMO, not your everyday death metal band. I'll be purchasing their new album for sure.

I got the album a few days back, and am really enjoying the epic title track "Antithesis" and "Finite"
----
"After silence that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music." - Aldous Huxley
02.04.2008 - 05:51
Clintagräm
Shrinebuilder
Argh! So fast, so brutal. Not really my thing, but I think they've be fun live, unless of course the production was pure shit like many bands I've seen. Seeing as they are from the neighboring state of Kansas, I'm sure they come near where I live a few times a year. I'll keep my eyes open.
----
The force will be with you, always.
03.04.2008 - 05:55
Immortal Plague
Bloodshedder
OMG, My friend just bought Antithesis and Hour Of Penance - The Vile Conception, and their SO AMAZING, im only gonna talk about Origin cause this is the Origin thread, but the CD is SO brutal and SO intense seriously this is one of those bands that i think get better with each album they release.
05.04.2008 - 23:18
Visioneerie
Urban Monster
You can check out a review of their new record http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/showreview.aspx?reviewID=1382 .. their new album really does seem like an awesome piece of work, cant wait to get my hands on a copy.
----
Any man can stand adversity, but to test his character give him power - A. Lincoln
10.04.2008 - 09:04
Jason W.
Razorbliss
Staff
Oh, nice, according to the Origin myspace, the band has just finished up a video for one of my 2 favorites on the album, "Finite"! Hopefully it will be posted soon
----
"After silence that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music." - Aldous Huxley
11.04.2008 - 16:21
Stigmatized
New album is indeed great. Not quite on par with EOD, but a worthy addition to the Origin discography. I also find it better than the new Decrepit Birth.
14.04.2008 - 01:14
Visioneerie
Urban Monster
Written by Stigmatized on 11.04.2008 at 16:21

New album is indeed great. Not quite on par with EOD, but a worthy addition to the Origin discography. I also find it better than the new Decrepit Birth.

I heard it was the best Origin album up to date, more technical and brutal than any of their previous releases, but everyone has their tastes.

Waiting for my copy that i ordered off amazon along with the new Hate Eternal cd, i am to be very impatient for these 2 records.
----
14.04.2008 - 01:39
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Stiggy and I share the same feeling about new Origin, except that I think I like the new Decrepit Birth album more. Anyways, Antithesis is awesome, but Echoes of Decimation is better.
18.04.2008 - 19:02
Visioneerie
Urban Monster
Just got the new record 3 days ago, and it's killer. I like how these guys shred, more specifically those crazy guitar sweeps. I couldn't expect much more from Origin, they delivered, more than satisfied with this album.
----
05.10.2008 - 18:19
Guib
Thrash Talker
Well i bought the New Origin few days ago .. and im still having problem enjoying it.. I don't know
Maybe its just because im not used to this sound... well nyways i love the Aftermath alot.. and the last track ''Antithesis'' is probly my fav.
----
- Headbanging with mostly clogged arteries to that stuff -
Guib's List Of Essential Albums
- Also Thrash Paradise
Thrash Here
05.10.2008 - 20:19
Arian Totalis
The Philosopher
I just got into these guys like, two days ago. I was pretty impressed with what I heard, but it seems that most if their songs are similar. I dunno, I'm considering getting more into them, they seem like a worth while venture.
----
"For the Coward there is no Life
For the hero there is No Death"
-Kakita Toshimoko

"The Philosopher, you know so much about nothing at all." _Chuck Schuldiner.
06.10.2008 - 01:59
Visioneerie
Urban Monster
Written by Arian Totalis on 05.10.2008 at 20:19

I just got into these guys like, two days ago. I was pretty impressed with what I heard, but it seems that most if their songs are similar. I dunno, I'm considering getting more into them, they seem like a worth while venture.

What album/songs were you listening to ?
----
06.10.2008 - 17:28
SK921
Account deleted
Antithesis maybe one of the best albums of 08 imo.
07.10.2008 - 05:12
Arian Totalis
The Philosopher
Written by Visioneerie on 06.10.2008 at 01:59

Written by Arian Totalis on 05.10.2008 at 20:19

What album/songs were you listening to ?

Just stuff from their new album mostly to be honest. "Finite" and "The Aftermath" most notably. But like I said, I've got a lot more exploring to do with them.
----
"For the Coward there is no Life
For the hero there is No Death"
-Kakita Toshimoko

"The Philosopher, you know so much about nothing at all." _Chuck Schuldiner.
16.10.2008 - 00:16
Antithesis Fucking Rule These Guy Are Really Good Musiciens