Metal Storm logo
Metallica - Death Magnetic Tracklist Revealed

On the 23rd of July Metallica announced the tracklist of the upcoming album Death Magnetic on their official website. Pretty much all of the information about this album is now known so only the music itself is a mystery.

Here are the song titles:

01. That Was Just Your Life
02. The End Of The Line
03. Broken, Beat & Scarred
04. The Day That Never Comes
05. All Nightmare Long
06. Cyanide
07. The Unforgiven III
08. The Judas Kiss
09. Suicide & Redemption
10. My Apocalypse

Source: metallica.com
Band profile: Metallica
Posted: 28.07.2008 by K✞ulu

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 67   Visited by: 337 users
28.07.2008 - 15:19
Warman
Erotic Stains
The Unforgiven III! The Metallica fanboy in me screams of joy!!!
----
28.07.2008 - 15:26
Justice
oh
great
I cant wait anymore
28.07.2008 - 15:26
selken
Irreligious
I have to admit I'm curious about this album xD
----
28.07.2008 - 15:34
Valentin B
Iconoclast
lol, i saw the tracklisting about 2 hours ago, it was already posted on MS before this news
28.07.2008 - 15:47
Smurfophagist
unforgiven 3? wake me up when unforgiven 15 comes along...
----
Having a signature is an absolute must.
28.07.2008 - 16:48
Iced Angel
I'm not looking forward to this album I'm pretty sure it's bullshit again
28.07.2008 - 17:03
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Staff
Unforgiven III

Enough reason to be curious about this album.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
28.07.2008 - 17:05
K✞ulu
Seeker of Truth
Some song titles are really intriguing. Could you expect to hear The Unforgiven III? Really can't wait and I wonder when they will announce more info about that coffin thing.
----
Savor what you feel and what you see
Things that may not seem important now
But may be tomorrow

R.I.P. Chuck Schuldiner

Satan was a Backstreet Boy
28.07.2008 - 17:26
WorpeX
Made of Metal
What I've felt, what I've known
Sick and tired, I stand alone
Could you be there, 'cause I'm the one who waits for you
Or are you unforgiven three?
28.07.2008 - 18:23
VPeter
I will know what is going to happen when it is released:
2/4 will say it sucks just as much as St.Anger or more.
1/4 will say it sucks, but it is better then St.Anger.
1/4 will say it's a improvement and an okay underated album.
28.07.2008 - 18:27
Srdjan Glava
Goddamn...unforgiven III!?...another sign of crap record...:nono:
28.07.2008 - 20:02
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
Written by Warman on 28.07.2008 at 15:19

The Unforgiven III! The Metallica fanboy in me screams of joy!!!

Now we're 2 fanboys screaming my freind!!!
*dances*
----
"Nobody wants to be the weird kid, you just end up being the weird kid. You don't know how you ended up getting there" - Rob Zombie

http://jonas-bs.deviantart.com My dA, mainly photography, go check it out!
28.07.2008 - 20:09
DrunkenFuck
Thrasher!
I just don't get it, in The Unforgiven II he at least sang "or are you unforgiven too", what will he sing now? "You three are the unforgiven three?" Stop milking The Unforgiven!

The Judas Kiss and Cyanide are the only ones that really sound interesting. The others are kind of shit names - and I'm a big Metallica fan, so that says something.
----
THRASH!!!
28.07.2008 - 20:53
Dark Blood
The Avenger
Well.. honestly the tracklist doesn't inspire much confidence imo. Although I must admit.. Unforgiven III: I'm curious
----
It is humanity who must pay homage to the greatness of the Universe... not the Universe to the human narcissism.
28.07.2008 - 21:24
Timelord
They should call anything "LLICA" put out after and JUstice for ALL "Forgetable 1 2 III". The Metal left a Looooong time ago. Give it up boys or start playing some real metal.
28.07.2008 - 21:26
juanopereira
I think this album will be a masterpiece or a disaster.
28.07.2008 - 21:28
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Elite
they are ripping Arch Enemy off, the end of the line and my apocalypse

Now seriously, I'm looking forward to it.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
28.07.2008 - 21:30
Stigma
Account deleted
Hm, dunno, not so bad names in the end. Allthough Arch Enemy already has a My Apocalypse.
28.07.2008 - 21:39
Fat & Sassy!
Elite
"The End Of The Line", huh? Sounds appropriate for them.
28.07.2008 - 21:42
Metal Maiden
Megadead
As I shouted it in the shoutbox some while ago - The Unforgiven III is simply preposterous...Helloween took a similar risk with the third Keeper, but I don't really remember someone accusing Helloween of going pop...Besides, The Legacy was a kickass album, and I seriously doubt Metallica's capability of writing a worthy "sequel"...

And, my god, am I the only one who thinks Broken, Beat & Scarred sounds exactly like Thrashed, Lost & Strungout...
28.07.2008 - 21:58
Rupert
I don't really mind hearing what kind of sequel they've got to the Unforgiving, but it'd be nice if they found different names. Adding II and III just makes it sound corny.
28.07.2008 - 22:23
matos
pff hope that's a joke, the titles are nearly pitiful, come on the recipe for these titles is: take new albums of In flames, add some Pain songs and finally some Arch Enemy flavor for "better" taste, throw in a blender a what you get is Death Magnetic
----
28.07.2008 - 22:51
Shadowlord
Account deleted
Iron Maiden new releases are shit too so shut up and look forward,,,
28.07.2008 - 23:27
Stalker
Lone wanderer
Ahh, I already hate both Unforgiven 1 and 2, doubt it will be different with the 3rd one
----
28.07.2008 - 23:30
Metal Maiden
Megadead
Written by matos on 28.07.2008 at 22:23

pff hope that's a joke, the titles are nearly pitiful, come on the recipe for these titles is: take new albums of In flames, add some Pain songs and finally some Arch Enemy flavor for "better" taste, throw in a blender a what you get is Death Magnetic

Don't forget the Bodomesque touch, it is essential...
And Shadowlord, as far as I know, it's not Iron Maiden who's competed with Avril Lavigne for an MTV award, nor have they toured with the likes of Linkin Park and Limp Bizkit, so feel free to look forward if you wish, but forgive me if I don't share your positivism... Besides, whether you like recent Iron Maiden releases or not, you simply must realize there is only one band capable of releasing a more shitty album than Metallica nowadays, and that's Manowar...
29.07.2008 - 00:09
so when thrash dies, they go soft and release what is to me one of the shittiest metal albums of all time. can you really call it metal? but the rest of world disagrees with me of course, so when thrash lives again, they change back? metallica died with cliff, fuck these posers, i will not help lars get his gold plated shark tank bar.
29.07.2008 - 00:13
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
The Unforgiven III? My fucking God, both The Unforgiven (for crying out loud it is NOT called The Unforgiven I) & The Unforgiven II were already huge piles of shit, so I doubt that this one will be any better.
Ah well I'd better go back and relisten Metallica when they were still good, namely on their first THREE albums.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

29.07.2008 - 00:22
JayAreVee
The Unforgiven III? Why do they do this?
29.07.2008 - 00:32
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by Metal Maiden on 28.07.2008 at 21:42

As I shouted it in the shoutbox some while ago - The Unforgiven III is simply preposterous...Helloween took a similar risk with the third Keeper, but I don't really remember someone accusing Helloween of going pop...Besides, The Legacy was a kickass album, and I seriously doubt Metallica's capability of writing a worthy "sequel"...

And, my god, am I the only one who thinks Broken, Beat & Scarred sounds exactly like Thrashed, Lost & Strungout...

i thought of "stripped, raped and strangled" lol

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 29.07.2008 at 00:13

The Unforgiven III? My fucking God, both The Unforgiven (for crying out loud it is NOT called The Unforgiven I) & The Unforgiven II were already huge piles of shit, so I doubt that this one will be any better.
Ah well I'd better go back and relisten Metallica when they were still good, namely on their first THREE albums.

well, it kinda works like a movie lol, Evil Dead wasn't named Evil Dead I, but then Evil Dead II came out.. who would have known they would put out 2 more songs?

for the record, unforgiven 2 sucks, the first one rules... i don't know about this one, but probably it will be about death or something, looking at the rest of the tracks
29.07.2008 - 00:33
Metal Freak
"Broken, Beat & Scarred"

I hate to be the grammar police, but shouldn't that be "Broken, Beaten, & Scarred"?

I loved "The Unforgiven", but I thought "The Unforgiven II" was cheesy as hell, so I'm not hopeful about "The Unforgiven III". I'm still looking forward to the album, but not that song. Of course, it'll probably be a single.
----
"Religion is an insult to human dignity. With or without it, you'd have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things, but for good people to do evil things, that takes religion."
--Steven Weinberg

Hits total: 6551 | This month: 13