Metal Storm logo
Darkwoods My Betrothed

03.08.2008 - 19:00
Berfones

This is a thread dedicated to one of the greatest of all black metal bands of all times.
At the begining, still under the name "Virgin's Cunt", they set out to be the greatest Black Metal band in the world, the competition is hard, but I think they have their spot at the top 10 BM bands.
Using the tipical black metal screams, clean vocals, and a form of vocals named "Drunken Viking Vocals" by their fans, thay have done Viking themed black metal, pure black, semi-symphonic black (a bit like Emperor).
They are one of the best unknown bands in the black metal scene but are responsable for one of the most known bands in the world, Nightwish.
I know many of you do not know much about them, but if you do, this is the place to discuss it, any information is welcome.
----
Thine truly,ancient evil overlord
03.08.2008 - 20:33
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Misplaced the "h". Fixed.
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
03.08.2008 - 21:01
TheBigRossowski

Never actually listened to any of the material, but it seems they haven't been active in awhile. They kinda just faded out. What happened?
----
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?
03.08.2008 - 21:10
Berfones

nothing, they still exist, working on a new album or a tour, that's according to their website...
you should listen to them if you like good black metal that is still true, this band goes with the same breath as Burzum, Mayhem, Gorgoroth, Darkthrone and lots of other great BM bands, it's a must for a blacker
----
04.08.2008 - 17:24
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Damn someone open this tread, IMO bets finish BM band after Wyrd , realya wsoem band and unfortunatly fiew knows what famouse finish dude start his carear there, yeah band are from Kitee , realy good band, poetical,a wsome lyrics and atmosfere, thats what I wanna listened when I go from Helsinki till Torneå by car last year hehehee
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
05.08.2008 - 18:45
Berfones

I knew you would like this thread
----
05.08.2008 - 18:54
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Berfones on 05.08.2008 at 18:45

I knew you would like this thread

no tread byt band I love it more ,)
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
05.08.2008 - 19:14
Berfones

realy are the greatest Finish BM band ever
----
25.08.2008 - 16:32
Berfones

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=darkwoods+my+betrothed&search_type=&aq=-1&oq
few of thier songs...
----
28.08.2009 - 00:20
The Night Wisher

Well, I don't know them but Nightwish was created by Holopainen who was a sessional member with them, so they are not responsible for Nightwish !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
28.08.2009 - 00:27
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
At first - Tuomas wasnt session member...at second - Emppu played here too and he trully started his carrier in DMB...as well Sami Vänskä appeared originally (i mean "before NW") in Nattvindens Gråt, which was stared as side project of DMB...
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

28.08.2009 - 01:06
The Night Wisher

Anyway that doesn't mean that DMB is responsible for Nw, and Tuomas was a session member and composed music for two or three songs check Wiki If you want, you can check Nw official forums.
28.08.2009 - 10:50
Hellkommando

I know the name but I have never listened to them, I shall check them out. Do they sound like anyone in particular?
----

Formerly Desolate Gale
28.08.2009 - 18:51
Berfones

Written by Hellkommando on 28.08.2009 at 10:50

I know the name but I have never listened to them, I shall check them out. Do they sound like anyone in particular?

A bit like Dimmu Borgir in "Witch hunts" and a bit like Mayhem, Burzum and that stuff in their first albums
----
29.08.2009 - 04:09
Hellkommando

Written by Berfones on 28.08.2009 at 18:51

A bit like Dimmu Borgir in "Witch hunts" and a bit like Mayhem, Burzum and that stuff in their first albums

Ah interesting, cheers I shall check them out for sure then.
----

Formerly Desolate Gale
01.09.2009 - 06:17
Deamonpainter
Account deleted
Yeah, i liken them to Hecate Enthroned (DMB's later material, anyway), as both bands are quite similar.

Good Finnish BM though.
18.04.2010 - 12:39
Shadowcross
The Summoner

So which album is best do you think? Or which style suits the band more?
19.04.2010 - 11:22
Bitter Dawn
Ave Sathanas!
Hm, not bad except on the track "Red Sky Over the Lands of Fells", the spoken word bit kind of sounds like the vocalist has a gay lisp lol.

Finland does have some great bm bands, it's hard to beat Horna though.
20.04.2010 - 10:42
Berfones

Written by Shadowcross on 18.04.2010 at 12:39

So which album is best do you think? Or which style suits the band more?

I think it is much too difficul to say since the demos are raw, rough BM, the first albums are very much Viking themed and the last is more symphonic, but I can give you several songs I think are very good: Autemn Roars Thunder, Yggdrasil's Children Fall, I Burn At The Stake, From The Snowy Hillsides They Came, The Crow And The Warrior, Dying To Meet You, and the witch hunt trilogy...
----