Haven
Projector
Skydancer
The Mind´s Eye
All from above

Total votes: 69
16.10.2008 - 17:23
Yossarian
Hi, I am quite a fan of this band and I will like to know which of the albums people prefer. My ever favourite is Haven and I am a bit surprised to know that this album is not that high in the album votes. So, please vote.
16.10.2008 - 17:25
Yossarian
Well, the best answer possible is really "all", since every album from them is a masterpiece without any "filler" song. My favourite ones are My negation and Format C: for cortex. However, I am voting for Haven due to the impact that caused me at the time. Damage Done will be second for sure.
16.10.2008 - 18:12
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
I like more firts 4 albums and all till ''Projector'' but since I love ThereIn song so much I vote for Projector
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
16.10.2008 - 18:44
Janne
Hugin
I'm happy that this thread was created because I just discovered this band. I have 2 albums (Haven and The Gallery) and I only listened to Haven but I was shocked after I listened to it, it's fantastic! I'd like to know if it's the best album of DT or not. If it isn't... huh, that would be awesome.
So c'mon guys! vote! I'll choose later when I know all of their albums.
----
age]

-FOLK METAL HUNGARY-
16.10.2008 - 20:52
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Elite
Character is the best in my opinion and also my favourite and those could as well not coincide but in this case they actually do.

This is one of my favourite bands so I kinda know the albums a lot better and so it's easy for me to decide.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
16.10.2008 - 22:17
Abattoir
Staff
Kinda a difficult to choose among such a great releases, but I'll go with Character. It is just one great piece of work, a masterpiece for me.
16.10.2008 - 22:55
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
I voted for Gallery because it's one of the few albums by this band that's actually death metal. Well, that's not the reason I voted for it but I just wanted to point that out. I fucking love some of the riffs on that album, especially the first one or two songs. If I remember correctly, the only song on that album I dislike is the one everyone else seems to love, the self-titled one, I believe.
17.10.2008 - 03:06
Dark Blood
The Avenger
The Gallery and Caracter are great albums.. but I really got into their last album, Fiction. Imo is one of the best of 2007, and maybe DT's best. The keyboards works and the atmosphere is superb in this album.
----
It is humanity who must pay homage to the greatness of the Universe... not the Universe to the human narcissism.
17.10.2008 - 05:55
Fhuesc
Fiction for me, cuz it improves in every aspect the sound of Character, and Character was awesome.
----
Hasta la victoria, siempre!
Until victory, always!
17.10.2008 - 09:59
-DC-002-
Mastercommander
Written by Janne on 16.10.2008 at 18:44

I'm happy that this thread was created because I just discovered this band. I have 2 albums (Haven and The Gallery) and I only listened to Haven but I was shocked after I listened to it, it's fantastic! I'd like to know if it's the best album of DT or not. If it isn't... huh, that would be awesome.

Haven is a great album, but in my opinion its probably their shallowest. Haven is kind of overlooked but not at all their best. My pick went to Damage Done. Its a VERY hard decision though because I love Character, Projector, and The Gallery a lot (The Others are great but these stand out the most).
Damage Done is just a fuller album were you can either listen to it in its entirety or just an individual song. If I were you though I'd get Character and Damage Done next if your looking to own more of their stuff
----
Coldgrits
17.10.2008 - 14:27
Janne
Hugin
Written by -DC-002- on 17.10.2008 at 09:59

Written by Janne on 16.10.2008 at 18:44

Haven is a great album, but in my opinion its probably their shallowest. Haven is kind of overlooked but not at all their best. My pick went to Damage Done. Its a VERY hard decision though because I love Character, Projector, and The Gallery a lot (The Others are great but these stand out the most).
Damage Done is just a fuller album were you can either listen to it in its entirety or just an individual song. If I were you though I'd get Character and Damage Done next if your looking to own more of their stuff

Thanks, but I'll check out their whole discography and I think I'll listen to the albums in chronological order.
----
age]

-FOLK METAL HUNGARY-
18.10.2008 - 16:43
Deadmeat
Necrobutcher
Fiction is the best for me.. DT is the band which introduced me to death metal. And they are great. I don't find any bad songs in their discography. but fiction to me has an excellent production, Stannes voice sounds great and to me very important is that this album combines brutallity and melody whith an excellent way.. Love it...
----
Υou've sold your human essence to the cold world of dead and empty things... You're SOLD!
11.12.2008 - 18:47
Yossarian
Hi,

I thought this poll will be amazing, but there not visits any longer. Common. Vote for "Haven". It is all alone with an only vote from a twisted perverted mind...mine.
My second favourite is "Damage Done". Format C: for Cortex great song. And, obviously, I have to mention the last two at the moment: "Fiction" or "Character" since these show the mature stage in their music, their peak.

Bye.
11.12.2008 - 21:34
MétalNoir
Fils du Lys
Fiction, Fiction, Fiction! The very best Gothenburg album ever (except maybe Slaughter of the Soul...). Character is great, too, particularly the track "The New Build".
----
Notre destinée n'est pas encore tracée....
12.12.2008 - 11:10
Eeric
Account deleted
FICTION
12.12.2008 - 23:03
Wonderlost
Account deleted
All of the above
12.12.2008 - 23:19
Warman
Erotic Stains
"Haven" for me. That album is like an explosion of everything great that is Dark Tranquillity. Atmospheric, dynamic and very catchy. The title song is also very majestic.
----
16.12.2008 - 14:48
Lemonyrhus
Hard choice to make...
Fiction and Character are good, but I find Damage Done better.
That's my vote.
----
http://www.lastfm.fr/user/The_cyrhus
23.12.2008 - 22:03
ms68
Character has best lyrics
the gallery has best music
damage done=dark tranquillity
----
The more you eat, the more you shit
No matter what you eat, it all turns to shit
26.12.2008 - 16:25
_blackened
Haven is a good album. But the best in my opinion is not in the list:

Trail of Life Decayed!!!!
----
What d'ont kill you, make you most strong.
Rise, fall, down and rise again.
27.12.2008 - 15:22
Njord
njord
Damage Done is my fav.

Maybe it doesn't have the best lyrics but for me it have the best music. Format C: and Hours Passed On Exile are song that helped me a lot in troubled times.
24.01.2009 - 22:34
ForeverDarkWoods
Skydancer is the best. A lot of their other material is also great, but nothing else compares to the monumental Sky-FUCKING-dancer!
----
Free nations are peaceful nations. Free nations don't attack each other. Free nations don't develop weapons of mass destruction!
- George W. Bush, ex-president of the United States of America
24.01.2009 - 23:38
Darkside Momo
Retired
Elite
I could have voted 'all of the above', but Projector is way above the others for me.
----
My Author's Blog (in French)

"You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you"

"I've lost too many years now
I'm stealing back my soul
I am awake"
27.01.2009 - 14:25
White Winter Sun
Laboratory's Rat
Elite
It's hard to choose only one album. Dark Tranquillity has released a lot of great albums and it could be more easy to vote for "All from above"... But if I must give only one album title, I would vote for "Haven". I hesitated a long time between this one and "Projector" which is a great album too, but I find "Haven" better with its virtuosity and melody.
27.02.2009 - 23:17
Dominus
The Shooter
I like Fiction. Is a good album
28.02.2009 - 00:05
jd-inflames
Account deleted
I liked Projector myself.
11.01.2014 - 23:47
CobiWan1993
Secundum Filium
I'm not the biggest fan of Dark Tranquility, but from what I heard, probably The Gallery. It's a nice album, even though it's a bit repetitive and "samey" for my tastes.
----
Ordinary men hate solitude. But the Master makes use of it, embracing his aloneness, realizing he is one with the whole universe (Lao Tzu).
22.01.2014 - 19:12
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Elite
Written by Njord on 27.12.2008 at 15:22

Damage Done is my fav.

Maybe it doesn't have the best lyrics but for me it have the best music. Format C: and Hours Passed On Exile are song that helped me a lot in troubled times.

I love the lyrics in Damage Done, what you talking about?
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
28.01.2014 - 23:32
Dinruth
The gallery ... by faaaaaar... then fiction
04.07.2014 - 13:32
Yossarian
The Gallery leading the poll...