Metal Storm logo
The new Transformers Movie!

Original post

Posted by Elijah, 30.06.2006 - 15:37

BOOYAH! Anyone else looking forward to this as much as I am? There's a small preview up on the site which basically shows only the fact that the Transformers are coming from/on Mars. It doesn't reveal whether they're actually from the Red Planet or not. That remains to be seen.

From what I've seen, read and heard, this movie is going to stray very far from the cartoons/comics. I'm not worried in the slightest, though. I'm looking forward to it very, very much. I've even made the poster into my background. I know, I sound like a useless fanboy, but I can't help myself.

Full sized picture of the poster can be found here.
11.05.2007 - 06:49
Elijah
Dance, bitch!
superherohype.com posted high resolution pictures of a bunch of Transformers. Here they are for your viewing pleasure.

Optimus Prime.
Bumblebee.
Jazz.
Ironhide.
Megatron.
Starscream.
Blackout.
Frenzy.

Ironhide, I reckon, looks fucking awesome... and Frenzy looks like a malformed squid. I also like how it looks like they're going to incorporate the original Jazz's good humour into his new movie counterpart.
----
11.05.2007 - 07:07
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
@Elijah
Awexome pics, and yeah Ironhide looks so cool, though Frenzy looks totally stupid IMO.
Blackout looks pretty cool aswell.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
22.05.2007 - 06:21
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
@Elijah: Amazing pics... I agree Frenzy looks like a stickman, and blackout is damn cool; But I'm still faithful to Optimus Prime, he's still my favourite.
----
"Nobody wants to be the weird kid, you just end up being the weird kid. You don't know how you ended up getting there" - Rob Zombie

http://jonas-bs.deviantart.com My dA, mainly photography, go check it out!
22.05.2007 - 09:24
Eight
Shapeshifter
Kewl! Jazz looks awsome and Starscream like something from under my bed
----
Book: "I am a Shepherd. Folks like a man of God."

Mal: "No, they don't. Men of God make everyone feel guilty and judged."
28.06.2007 - 11:43
Elijah
Dance, bitch!
Fucking. Amazing. Saw it today, and was extremely impressed. It was a mix between the cartoons and the comics, with enough references to the cartoons to keep an ardent fanboy like me satisfied. I won't spoil it for you all, but go and watch it. It's worth it.
----
29.06.2007 - 04:24
Woven Elegy
Account deleted
Thats what I like to hear. Gonna go see it on saturday and I got a rather high expectation for this movie (being a former tansformer boffo). I havent seen anything in that manner of reviews yet so i don't know how well it really did.
29.06.2007 - 04:42
Elijah
Dance, bitch!
Well, we got it first, mate, and it was only released yesterday. Doesn't hit the rest of the world til about the 4th next month.
----
29.06.2007 - 04:57
Woven Elegy
Account deleted
I thought the UK released it on the 27th? Could be wrong though
29.06.2007 - 05:51
Arian Totalis
The Philosopher
Dude I used to watch transformers all the time when I was a little kid, you bet your ass I wanna see it.
----
"For the Coward there is no Life
For the hero there is No Death"
-Kakita Toshimoko

"The Philosopher, you know so much about nothing at all." _Chuck Schuldiner.
02.07.2007 - 22:08
~IAMLEGEND~
Account deleted
ROFL

I think I just wet my pants looking at those gorgeous pics
<33
03.07.2007 - 21:47
Just saw it last night, I will say that it was actually good. I have watched them ever since I was a little kid, and when I saw what the transformers looked like for the movie in the trailers, I was really disappointed. But after watching it, I guess I can accept the fact that they look nothing like the original.
----
oderint dum metuant
04.07.2007 - 01:23
Woven Elegy
Account deleted
We should be grateful they look nothing like the original or else nobody would take it seriously and it'd make Micheal Bay look like he put no effort into the movie at all.
04.07.2007 - 05:56
Bararey
Winter is Coming
Elite
ok so I never was a fan and the preview for the movie to me looked cheesy, but i read afew of your posts, and i thought I'd give it a try.

just saw it a couple of hrs ago, and so far for this summer, it is by far the besr movie I have seen!! The action was great, there was an actual "plot" and so many really funny moments, I just could not stop laughing!

If you have not seen this one yet, you have to go watch it,, so worth it
----
"Rhaegar fought valiantly, Rhaegar fought nobly, Rhaegar fought honorably. And Rhaegar died."
Ser Jorah Mormont
05.07.2007 - 07:31
Written by Guest on 04.07.2007 at 01:23

We should be grateful they look nothing like the original or else nobody would take it seriously and it'd make Micheal Bay look like he put no effort into the movie at all.

I agree, but there's the fanboy in me that wishes it was like the original . They could've at least used the original transforming sound more
----
oderint dum metuant
05.07.2007 - 08:13
Judas
The Amputator
I saw it a few days ago, holy shit it was cool. I'm a nerd when it comes to the original as well, but I enjoyed it a lot nonetheless. The only thing I thought was lacking was Megatron turning into a gun. Despite the big differences between the original Transformers and their movie counterparts, it all worked fine and had me really pumped at the end!
----
"Once the game is over, the king and the pawn both go back into the same box."
05.07.2007 - 11:42
Elijah
Dance, bitch!
Written by Judas on 05.07.2007 at 08:13

The only thing I thought was lacking was Megatron turning into a gun.

Bay felt like that that would be like Darth Vader turning into his lightsaber and having someone else use him to fight. That, and I suppose it was a conscious move in order to market Megatron toys, since the "Classics" Megatron has been removed from shelves(in Australia, at least) due to its likeness to a real gun.
----
06.07.2007 - 01:06
Woven Elegy
Account deleted
I just find it funny that the hardcore transformers fans were sending death threats to Bay saying that he had better do this movie right or else. That and the massive amount of hacks on his computer, sometimes nerds can be scary when they are all riled up.

Also I thought the flames on Prime looked pretty ace to me (I know that alot were saying that Prime should have had the original colours).
06.07.2007 - 03:07
Judas
The Amputator
@Woven Elegy: I know a guy who point-blank refuses to see this movie because Prime is too modified and Megatron doesn't turn into a gun. I'm sure if he was nerdy enough to hack Bay's computer, he'd do it! I do like the way he's modified them though, except of course for Megatron becoming a jet...
----
"Once the game is over, the king and the pawn both go back into the same box."
09.07.2007 - 02:47
Woven Elegy
Account deleted
@Judas: I didn't mind Megatron as a jet thing, but just couldn't see him transforming into a gun, just don't think it would've worked.
I was half expecting him to transform into a tank or something along those lines.

I did find it pretty cool that they got the guy that did the voice of Prime in the original animated Transformers to do his voice again in the movie.

Fuck it's cold.
09.07.2007 - 14:03
Elijah
Dance, bitch!
@Woven Elegy: They auditioned the original voice of Megatron(Frank Welker), but they didn't feel he fit the new Megatron's style, so Hugo Weaving got the part. Welker, however, will be doing Megatron's voice for the upcoming game based on the movie.

Saw it for the fourth time today, and I love this movie more and more each time I see it. I'm thinking about watching it yet again tomorrow.
----
18.07.2007 - 03:59
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
Well, teh premier here in Colombia is on july 20 (this friday) I already reserved seats for teh 1st function in one of the coolest theaters in teh cityt. Mom is gonna draw the Autobot logo in one of my hands for this premier. Unfortunately, I couldn't biuy a T-shit-. I was going to paint the Autobot logo in chest, but i need the money for something else. Maybe later I'll buy it.
----
"Nobody wants to be the weird kid, you just end up being the weird kid. You don't know how you ended up getting there" - Rob Zombie

18.07.2007 - 05:09
Arian Totalis
The Philosopher
I saw it on friday night. It was ok, not as good as I was hoping. It had a pretty black and white plot, and the romance was definitly not a necesity in the movie. I wouldn't cry if I didn't see it again.
----
"For the Coward there is no Life
For the hero there is No Death"
-Kakita Toshimoko

"The Philosopher, you know so much about nothing at all." _Chuck Schuldiner.
18.07.2007 - 06:54
Stigmatized
Just got back from seeing it. Damn sweet movie, to say the least. Sam kind of pissed me off at first, but I got over it once the Transformers showed up. I thought the robots themselves were really well done, and looked amazing. This is kind of like THE movie to see on the big-screen, due to the robots size and the sheer amount of action.
21.07.2007 - 21:44
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
Oh my god this is certainly the best movie I've ever seen. It was fuckin amazing. Hell, a couplek tears rolled out of my eyes when Optimus Transformed for the first time. I expected more Optimus, but still it was completely amazing. the animation, the battles, everything. Well, the love story was unnecessary but anyway, it was really nice, and a good way to show new car models (pontiac Solstice, Camaro 2008, GMC Topkick 6500, Saleen Mustang...). I'm gonna see this movie again next week, 'cause it's really amazing.
----

22.07.2007 - 00:50
hanna of steel
Poison Girl
I didn't think it was that amazing , but it was an ok film.

The graphics etc are all very good , but the story was very predictable imo.

I still think it's worth seeing .
----
Hell is other people - Jean-Paul Sartre
22.07.2007 - 19:20
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
Written by hanna of steel on 22.07.2007 at 00:50

I didn't think it was that amazing , but it was an ok film.

The graphics etc are all very good , but the story was very predictable imo.

I still think it's worth seeing .

Yes the story is predictable, the old battle between good and evil. But for all of us geek fanboys was amazing.
----

23.07.2007 - 02:02
Woven Elegy
Account deleted
My serious beef with the movie was it didn't have enough Starscream in it. He has to be the best Transformer out of them all (though quite a competition between him and soundwave's little cassette minion).

And from what i've heard they have already agreed to a 2nd and i think 3rd movie.

ALBATROSS
24.07.2007 - 01:27
Cah
I havent yet, so I'm not going to see the previous comments
----
* I´m me, You are Yourself.
Don´t forget this! *
24.07.2007 - 03:10
Dane Train
Beers & Kilts
Elite
I went in with only two expectations:
1. See Cars Turn Into Robots
2. See Shit Get Blown Up

Yeah, it met my expectations, plus it had Anthony Anderson!
----
(space for rent)
26.07.2007 - 04:43
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
I saw it a few weeks ago, but I was reeeeeeeaaaaaaaally drunk and the resolution wasn't too good. It seemed pretty cool though and I'll buy it for sure when it comes out. I was surprised though that they actually had some of the real robots in it; I was expecting Michael Bay to completely fuck things up.