Metal Storm logo
Pelican - New Video Up

Instrumental metal band Pelican have premiered their new video on MTV Headbanger's Blog today (November 15). The band said in a bulletin posted on their MySpace:

"The "Lost In The Headlights" video is now up for your viewing pleasure on the MTV Headbangers Blog. The on-air premiere is Saturday 11/15 on MTV2's Headbangers Ball. It will air between 2am-3am EST and 11pm-12am PST. If you do the DirectTV thing, it airs live from the East Coast feed. We are fairly certain it is the first video to air that night, so tune in early!"

The video can be seen at this location or on YouTube here.

"Lost In The Headlights", which was directed by Kenneth Thomas will be the second and final video from the "City Of Echoes" album, released last year. Pelican guitarist Laurent Schroeder-Lebec commented the following about the video shoot:

"Ken had done a fantastic job with footage on our "After the Ceiling Cracked" DVD. Incidentally, he also looks like Clark Kent, so you want to just trust the guy. Although the narrative flow from our "Dead Between The Walls" video continues loosely on this new one, Ken's vision here was more focused on adapting texture and environment to the song's flow.

Ken and [drummer] Larry [Herweg] worked hard to find fitting locations, and eventually we settled on a rooftop in desolate downtown Los Angeles, as well as Switzer Falls in Angeles National Forest. We're immensely pleased with the results, and we'd like to thank all those who worked hard to adapt visuals to the journey. Thanks to Ken, Stephen Broasch (who took amazing still photos that were incorporated toward the end of the song), Juan Perez and his lovely hound, J Bennett, Sera, and the extended volunteer crew."

Source: blogs.myspace.com
Band profile: Pelican
Posted: 15.11.2008 by +{Jonas}+

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 5   Visited by: 47 users
15.11.2008 - 21:20
Visioneerie
Urban Monster
The damn video won't play anywhere outside the US for copyright reasons or can I view it somewhere else ?
----
Any man can stand adversity, but to test his character give him power - A. Lincoln
15.11.2008 - 21:39
Thryce
Retired Staff
Elite
Written by Visioneerie on 15.11.2008 at 21:20

The damn video won't play anywhere outside the US for copyright reasons or can I view it somewhere else ?

I works perfectly fine for me. Have you tried the link provided in the news report directing to Pelican's blog and not to MTV?
Anyway, I have also posted a YouTube link now.
----
Your favorite band sucks.
16.11.2008 - 05:17
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Hahaha playing in a forest
16.11.2008 - 11:59
FOOCK Nam
Mediocre video.
16.11.2008 - 17:20
Visioneerie
Urban Monster
Thanks Thryce, the video is okay, the song is great.
----
Any man can stand adversity, but to test his character give him power - A. Lincoln

Hits total: 2417 | This month: 8