Metal Storm logo
Dark Funeral - MNW/No Fashion Records Dispute Over

Original Dark Funeral guitarist Lord Ahriman has posted the following update:

"Seven years of pure bullshit has finally come to an end... un-fucken- believable!

Without going into any details, (which I'm not allowed to either), what's most important here and now is that we finally have obtained the rights to our back catalogue, including the publishing rights. That includes; "The Secrets Of The Black Arts", "Vobiscum Satanas", "Teach Children To..." and "Diabolis Interium".

And from now on, NO one but Caligula (vocals, bass) and I own the rights to above mentioned albums. One may believe I/we would be totally thrilled about this, be running around in pentagrams, throwing bibles in a fire and whatnot, but I honestly feel pretty empty. Guess it'll take a while to let it all sunk in to realize that this battle finally is over, after seven f*ing years! I'm sure I'll get it all eventually... and celebrate it one way or another. But right now I feel nothing.

Anyway, somehow I feel that this is already old news, an old chapter in our dark saga. And I won't spend any more of my valuable time to ever put "their" name in my mouth again. So let us just put this behind us immediately. Let us now focus on gathering some new energy, look at the future - a future without label hassles and such utterly bullshit. It's time to set full course to complete the new album, booking new tours among many other grand things, which I know many of you are waiting for. Basically, let´s get busy again, and foremost enjoy being busy again!

PS. Please respect the fact that we won't answer any questions regarding this, already old and forgotten news. Thanx!"

Dark Funeral are currently working on new material for their upcoming 2009 studio album.

Source: darkfuneral.se
Band profile: Dark Funeral
Posted: 24.11.2008 by Thryce

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 13   Visited by: 119 users
24.11.2008 - 13:51
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
NICE! they got the rights to their music. but Caligula is probably gonna start fighting with Lord Ahriman watch.
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
24.11.2008 - 15:26
Arcesse Eum

Next thing you know, Manowar and Gorgoroth are going to come along and try to get the rights
----
As above, so below.
24.11.2008 - 15:53
mankvill

Sweet.
24.11.2008 - 20:46
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
He spells "Thanx" with an "x" - how necroKVLT.
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
24.11.2008 - 22:25
Daggon
Underpaid M.D.
Written by Arcesse Eum on 24.11.2008 at 15:26

Next thing you know, Manowar and Gorgoroth are going to come along and try to get the rights

Shit! DeMaio will try to rule the whole world, we must stop his evil plans!!! jejeje
----
"Les vers savent qu'ils n'ont pas d'ailes, c'est pour cela qu'ils se cachent sous terre"
24.11.2008 - 23:00
BurbotsRevenge
Foetal Butchery
Written by BitterCOld on 24.11.2008 at 20:46

He spells "Thanx" with an "x" - how necroKVLT.

epic
----
Dark death metal from Sydney: https://www.facebook.com/GolgothanRemains
24.11.2008 - 23:21
AdiabsA

HOPE THAT THIS SHIT DONT BE THE END OF DARK FUNARL!
24.11.2008 - 23:43
DanielViking

Really hoping for a new album of this band next year
25.11.2008 - 00:14
Symmachus

I did not even know that they were even in a dispute with a label. It is good that this dispute is over, though. Now people need to get the Gorgoroth vs. Gorgoroth and the Rhapsody of Fire vs. Manowar disputes over with next.
25.11.2008 - 01:31
Introspekrieg
Totemic Lust
That's I relief... I can finally sleep at night.
25.11.2008 - 01:32
Arcesse Eum

Written by Symmachus on 25.11.2008 at 00:14

I did not even know that they were even in a dispute with a label. It is good that this dispute is over, though. Now people need to get the Gorgoroth vs. Gorgoroth and the Rhapsody of Fire vs. Manowar disputes over with next.

You mean Gaygoroth vs. Gorgoroth right?
----
As above, so below.
25.11.2008 - 09:18
kaylamacgavin

I'll fucking drink to that . . . and I'm looking forward to the new album!
26.11.2008 - 00:53
Symmachus

Written by Arcesse Eum on 25.11.2008 at 01:32

Written by Symmachus on 25.11.2008 at 00:14

You mean Gaygoroth vs. Gorgoroth right?

Hahahaha! Yeah, that's what I mean.

Hits total: 3576 | This month: 4