Metal Storm logo
New feature: Suggest bands to add

Original post

Posted by Ivan, 13.01.2009 - 15:55
We receive huge amount of requests for band addition, and sometimes it's hard to decide which bands should have priority. Hopefully this new feature will be able to simplify the whole process. The idea is that you suggest bands that you think should be featured on MS and vote up bands suggested by others. We then review the list and add bands starting from the top.

http://www.metalstorm.ee/bands/band_suggestions.php
17.10.2011 - 04:34
brapp32

How does a band become blacklisted? I was hoping to see Nothingface added but they are blacklisted.
17.10.2011 - 05:02
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Written by brapp32 on 17.10.2011 at 04:34
How does a band become blacklisted? I was hoping to see Nothingface added but they are blacklisted.

Staff members with the right perms decide what bands are added/deleted/blacklisted.

In this case Nothingface should be here as part of the nu metal crowd. Consider them added.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
17.10.2011 - 05:32
brapp32

Thanks Troy.
17.10.2011 - 05:34
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Written by brapp32 on 17.10.2011 at 05:32
Thanks Troy.

No problem.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
09.12.2011 - 06:24
metaleaterr
abstract_bliss
Dude...I don't know why Seether was blacklisted. Various sources clearly state that they are Post-grunge/Alternative metal. And the latest album 'Holding on to strings better left to fray' is full of aggressive metal tracks.
09.12.2011 - 06:28
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Written by metaleaterr on 09.12.2011 at 06:24
Dude...I don't know why Seether was blacklisted.

Because they're post-grunge (which we don't feature on the site). I wouldn't call them alternative metal by any means.
----
09.12.2011 - 06:34
metaleaterr
abstract_bliss
Written by Troy Killjoy on 09.12.2011 at 06:28

Written by metaleaterr on 09.12.2011 at 06:24
Dude...I don't know why Seether was blacklisted.

Because they're post-grunge (which we don't feature on the site). I wouldn't call them alternative metal by any means.

Actually they seem to be one of those bands for which you're not quite sure whether they are more metal or rock. Some songs are more metal some more rock. Anyway, as you decide.
09.12.2011 - 06:36
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
I don't think they are, really. I've never considered any of their songs more metal than rock, as I've always seen them as a post-grunge band that sometimes stretches into hard rock territory at their heaviest.
----
10.12.2011 - 01:42
psykometal
A staff guy...
Written by Troy Killjoy on 09.12.2011 at 06:36

I don't think they are, really. I've never considered any of their songs more metal than rock, as I've always seen them as a post-grunge band that sometimes stretches into hard rock territory at their heaviest.

Agreed. I always lumped them in with those other early 2000s bands like Breaking Benjamin, 10 Years, Three Days Grace, Foo Fighters, Puddle of Mudd, Saliva, etc. All of those bands always confused a lot of kids who thought that Slipknot was a death metal band (at least in the area that I live)...
----
~Zep, Database and Forum Moderation~

10.12.2011 - 01:55
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Written by psykometal on 10.12.2011 at 01:42
Agreed. I always lumped them in with those other early 2000s bands like Breaking Benjamin, 10 Years, Three Days Grace, Foo Fighters, Puddle of Mudd, Saliva, etc. All of those bands always confused a lot of kids who thought that Slipknot was a death metal band (at least in the area that I live)...

We get that here too. Most of them are just alt. rock/post-grunge hybrids, but they have that "heavy" edge to them so people who aren't familiar with heavier styles of music think of them as metal bands.
----
22.12.2011 - 11:14
FOOCK Nam

Could anyone add the band Script Of Flood, they are very good, similar to The Man-Eating Tree, the Suomi Finnish tune...
22.12.2011 - 11:19
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Written by FOOCK Nam on 22.12.2011 at 11:14
Could anyone add the band Script Of Flood, they are very good, similar to The Man-Eating Tree, the Suomi Finnish tune...

Suggest them here.

Once they get enough votes, I'll add them.

I go through the top votes periodically, and either add/blacklist/delete suggestions.
----
22.12.2011 - 11:50
FOOCK Nam

@Troy: I suggested on the site. Hope it will be add officially : )
08.01.2012 - 13:44
metaleaterr
abstract_bliss
Inhale-Exhale is a great metalcore/post-hardcore band that metal storm missed out. Presently, they are unsigned but they were into Solid State records under which they released 3 albums. They made a few good music videos too with nice claustrophobic edge to them. I had already suggested it earlier but eventually it didn't get enough votes. Kindly add them to this site. Thanks.