Metal Storm logo
Frank Sinatra

06.07.2006 - 22:25
Johny.Walker
Account deleted
Hi all Frankie's fans. I made this topic to talk about one of my favorites artists.
What albums do you like ? Which one you own ? What are your favorite songs ?

All I have to say is that 'I Get a Kick Out of You' is a classic I absolutely love.
08.07.2006 - 12:40
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Admin
I cannot count the number of times I attracted a woman because I was a Frank fan and could croon away his tracks at Karaoke bars.

Favorites to sing include:

That's Life (my signature song)

Under My Skin

The Lady is a Tramp

My Way

I Get a Kick out of You (Reprise version)

... and basically ANYTHING from the 20 song "Reprise" cd. I could literally sing along to the entire album, start to finish - even walking outisde and out of earshot and back inside without missing a beat.

FWIW, my wife and I had "The Way You Look Tonight" as our first dance, and"The Last Dance" as our, well, last dance at our wedding.

Frank is the Man. Period. End of story.
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
21.06.2007 - 11:31
ROCKMASTER
Account deleted
My way and New York .... What a legend
24.06.2007 - 15:49
Warman
Erotic Stains
I like (love) his movies more than the music.
----
25.09.2007 - 19:50
?Master?
Account deleted
cinatras the shit
hahha i love the style damn those hats those bluies
legendary
05.12.2007 - 06:43
nana.MD
Star-Queen
...there's an album of duets called the 90th collection that i strongly recommend, it has a very nice selection of songs and the duets are great...
----
Live how you want just don't feed on me, if you doubt what I say I will make you believe...
07.12.2007 - 06:05
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
Yeah, Frank Sinatra is a pretty cool cat...every single song he's recorded is a jem...greatest swing artist ever...I have some of his albums like Songs for Swingin' Lovers! on vinyl (that one is a classic) and they're good listens every time...
01.07.2009 - 18:52
cmusiclives
Account deleted
Been listening to duets
20.08.2009 - 01:12
wormdrink414
Elite
My dad's love for Frank Sinatra and singers of similar style made ol' blue eyes anything but appealing to me as a lad, but I would be succumbing to dishonesty if I didn't admit to a real enjoyment of some of his work with Count Basie. That and Luck be a Lady has an intro of comparable power to some of the best "slow-and-acoustic-at-the-beginning-before-exploding-into-metal-glory" (for lack of a better term) metal tracks.
04.06.2010 - 09:15
Uirapuru
Liver Failure
Heh.. first contact Sinatra's music many years ago when I heard his version of ''Love and marriage'' in the Married with Children series Opening..

Since there I have only listened to the swingy and fun Songs For Swingin' Lovers, the less attractive and melancholic In The wee small hours and some sort of single with ''My Way'' and ''Strangers In The Night''.

Legend and genious.
----

----
member of the true crusade against old school heavy metal, early 80s thrash, NWOBHM, traditional doom, first and second wave black metal, old school death metal, US power metal, 70s prog rock and atmospheric doomsludgestoner. o/
05.06.2010 - 07:47
the stranger
Who else here thinks that his cover of Something by The Beatles is one of the greatest covers ever made?
25.06.2010 - 18:13
arajune1810
Hello guys ...

its really nice and informative post....

i just liked it....

thanks for your information guys ...........

ski holiday accommodation
25.06.2010 - 18:32
JohnDoe
Account deleted
Written by the stranger on 05.06.2010 at 07:47

Who else here thinks that his cover of Something by The Beatles is one of the greatest covers ever made?

I do. - Sinatra is great (let's not talk about him in the past tense since his music legacy and movies will live on), one of the greatest voices of the 20th century. His acting skills were great too - has anyone seen The Manchurian Candidate (1962 if I remember right)?
25.06.2010 - 22:55
Hrothdane
Written by Guest on 25.06.2010 at 18:32

Sinatra is great (let's not talk about him in the past tense since his music legacy and movies will live on), one of the greatest voices of the 20th century. His acting skills were great too - has anyone seen The Manchurian Candidate (1962 if I remember right)?

I would argue that his acting skills are what make him a great singer. He is by no means a great TECHNICAL singer, but he expresses himself so well in his music that you really don't care.
----
Despair is death, and I'm not interested in dying.

Member of the True Crusade against True Crusades
26.06.2010 - 01:45
JohnDoe
Account deleted
Written by Hrothdane on 25.06.2010 at 22:55

Sinatra is great (let's not talk about him in the past tense since his music legacy and movies will live on), one of the greatest voices of the 20th century. His acting skills were great too - has anyone seen The Manchurian Candidate (1962 if I remember right)?

I would argue that his acting skills are what make him a great singer. He is by no means a great TECHNICAL singer, but he expresses himself so well in his music that you really don't care.

I never tried to imply that his acting skills are what make him a great singer... i guess i have trouble expressing myself these days.

He's not technical but he had a warm, expressive vocals.
26.06.2010 - 02:12
Hrothdane
Written by Guest on 26.06.2010 at 01:45

Written by Hrothdane on 25.06.2010 at 22:55

I never tried to imply that his acting skills are what him a great singer... i guess i have trouble expressing myself these days.

He's not technical but he had a warm, expressive vocals.

I didn't think you said that; I was saying that his acting ability related to why he was a great singer. You expressed yourself fine
----
Despair is death, and I'm not interested in dying.

Member of the True Crusade against True Crusades