Metal Storm logo
Rapture

29.01.2009 - 19:38
Ragana
Rawrcat
Dunno, I found them quite boring and not very interesting. I have listened Songs For The Withering from the beginning to the end for many times, and still the only song that I liked was "Transfixion". Actually they're quite alike Noumena in my opinion.
29.01.2009 - 20:28
Ragana
Rawrcat
Haven't heard Brave Murder Day, but I'll try to check "Futile". Besides, I think that it's pointless to check out Rapture's last album if it's just the same as Songs For The Withering.
29.01.2009 - 20:39
ForeverDarkWoods
Rapture are okay. They're not that special, but there's nothing wrong with them either. They've got some enjoyable material, but I fail to see how they stand out from the masses of death/doom bands around nowadays. If I want some death/doom I'll usually pick Evoken or Mourning Beloveth, or to a lesser extent Swallow The Sun. All of these bands seem to have more enjoyable moments than Rapture.
----
Free nations are peaceful nations. Free nations don't attack each other. Free nations don't develop weapons of mass destruction!
- George W. Bush, ex-president of the United States of America
29.01.2009 - 23:14
iaberis
Advice Troll
I love them! Their melodeath doom sound is so special! It's like speed doom! xD
They gimme much energy when I'm in doom mood
----
Bitch! Please
29.01.2009 - 23:50
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Rapture is quite fun tbh. I find them vastly superior to the overrated and totally bland and uninspired and sleep inducing by boring me to death Swallow the Sun.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

30.01.2009 - 00:42
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
This is good band, but IMO they never be werry big band, because Finsih doom is never ending, good band sthere was are and will be into Finland, I enjoy this band, ut somehow they remainds me story about Swallow The Cum , but still not so bad either, i think this band better try stay in underground how try reach horozon of glory, its be better for all of us,

I know Fulite album my friend ovned tape coppym alos i had hear Songs for the Withering , but dunno nothing about Silent Stage.

When I listened i liked albums, now I dunno, in summer myspace songs was good, I enjoyed it but now I think its time to listen it
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
30.01.2009 - 00:46
Ragana
Rawrcat
Written by Bad English on 30.01.2009 at 00:42

[..] ut somehow they remainds me story about Swallow The Cum [..]

Whoa.

Swallow The Sun in my opinion is just like Rapture - nothing really interesting, at least of what I've heard.
30.01.2009 - 00:53
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Ragana on 30.01.2009 at 00:46

Written by Bad English on 30.01.2009 at 00:42

[..] ut somehow they remainds me story about Swallow The Cum [..]

Whoa.

Swallow The Sun in my opinion is just like Rapture - nothing really interesting, at least of what I've heard.

But Swallow The Cum is more overated how Rapture , Rapture its more underground and if they stay they be listeneble band,
----

apos;'
[image]
30.01.2009 - 01:04
Ragana
Rawrcat
It's Swallow The Sun.
30.01.2009 - 01:15
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Ragana on 30.01.2009 at 01:04

It's Swallow The Sun.

I know how it correct but I say Cum like euro Flover metal :p
----

apos;'
[image]
30.01.2009 - 01:17
Ragana
Rawrcat
I guess I'm living into past and don't know nothing.
16.02.2009 - 09:50
Jason W.
Razorbliss
Staff
I continue to find it disappointing that Rapture gets thrown in with Swallow The Sun, because while Swallow The Sun continues to drink water from an already dried up pond, Rapture has progressed from a Katatonia (Brave Murder Day)-inspired band to one willing to push into new territories of melody and doom. And I think anyone who has appreciation for genuine, thought provoking lyrics would even bother to mention Swallow The Sun, whereas Rapture has never failed to interest me and provide me with contemplative, non-cryptic poetry/gloom.

I can say that I have met many people who appreciate only "Futile", and not as much of their 2002/2005 albums save for a few tracks here and there. Some people just don't care for the clean vocals, or the slightly lighter sound. Actually, the difference between "Futile" and Katatonia's "Brave Murder Day" is mainly production - Rapture's is clean and warm, while Katatonia's was poor and distant, but of course they invented it, so that makes up for it all

I'm rather biased toward Rapture, and actually a lot of the things they do production-wise or lyrically can explain what I appreciate in a mixture of gloom, warmth, and lyrics. They are not a band for everyone (thankfully), but I think "Silent Stage" is their most accomplished work - where their own sound comes to full development, and the songs flow from start to finish quite well. There are also some excellent instrumentals on this CD that I find ideal for a dreary spring morning.
----
"After silence that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music." - Aldous Huxley
16.02.2009 - 09:54
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by Jason W. on 16.02.2009 at 09:50

I continue to find it disappointing that Rapture gets thrown in with Swallow The Sun, because while Swallow The Sun continues to drink water from an already dried up pond, Rapture has progressed from a Katatonia (Brave Murder Day)-inspired band to one willing to push into new territories of melody and doom. And I think anyone who has appreciation for genuine, thought provoking lyrics would even bother to mention Swallow The Sun, whereas Rapture has never failed to interest me and provide me with contemplative, non-cryptic poetry/gloom.

I can say that I have met many people who appreciate only "Futile", and not as much of their 2002/2005 albums save for a few tracks here and there. Some people just don't care for the clean vocals, or the slightly lighter sound. Actually, the difference between "Futile" and Katatonia's "Brave Murder Day" is mainly production - Rapture's is clean and warm, while Katatonia's was poor and distant, but of course they invented it, so that makes up for it all

I'm rather biased toward Rapture, and actually a lot of the things they do production-wise or lyrically can explain what I appreciate in a mixture of gloom, warmth, and lyrics. They are not a band for everyone (thankfully), but I think "Silent Stage" is their most accomplished work - where their own sound comes to full development, and the songs flow from start to finish quite well. There are also some excellent instrumentals on this CD that I find ideal for a dreary spring morning.

I am one who also finds i disappointing that Rapture gets thrown into the Swallow The Sun bin cause IMO Rapture is vastly sueprior to StS's doom light for the radio listener masses.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

16.02.2009 - 22:09
Dest
I'm intrigued.
I've never heard Rapture, but I like Swallow the Sun, so I will deffinelatly give these guys a listen.
17.02.2009 - 16:14
Krankheit
Account deleted
Rapture is an OK band. Yes, they sounds very similar to Katatonia. Which of course is much better imo. Anyway, I prefer other Doom Death bands way before Rapure.
17.02.2009 - 18:56
Jason W.
Razorbliss
Staff
Written by ForeverDarkWoods on 29.01.2009 at 20:39

Rapture are okay. They're not that special, but there's nothing wrong with them either. They've got some enjoyable material, but I fail to see how they stand out from the masses of death/doom bands around nowadays. If I want some death/doom I'll usually pick Evoken or Mourning Beloveth, or to a lesser extent Swallow The Sun. All of these bands seem to have more enjoyable moments than Rapture.

I am not sure why bands like Mourning Beloveth or Evoken would be compared to Rapture in terms of musical choice or direction. I think there is a major difference between Rapture and these two bands, which has become more apparent with each of Rapture's albums. I don't know all of Mourning Beloveth or Evoken albums, but honestly, I wouldn't interchange the them, nor recommend Rapture necessarily for someone who wants music just like Evoken or Mourning Beloveth. Rapture has always a had a warm sound with oftentimes uptempo drumming. It's never been a band for slower, doom/death.

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 16.02.2009 at 09:54

I am one who also finds i disappointing that Rapture gets thrown into the Swallow The Sun bin cause IMO Rapture is vastly sueprior to StS's doom light for the radio listener masses.

I think the difference between StS and Rapture is that one is soulless and the other is genuine

Written by Guest on 17.02.2009 at 16:14

Rapture is an OK band. Yes, they sounds very similar to Katatonia. Which of course is much better imo. Anyway, I prefer other Doom Death bands way before Rapure.

Obviously Rapture has lots of doom/death in them, but you know, I never refer to them that way when I try to describe them. Perhaps "melodic death" and "doom metal" mixed together somehow. And I don't mean "melodeath". "Silent Stage" has been a bit more difficult for me describe than the more straightforward "Futile." I guess I always accent the melody part and the warmth of their production, and the uptempo (usually) drumming. I am not disagreeing about the doom/death categorizations of the band, but I think it's a bit simplistic and slightly incorrect to label Rapture that way. I enjoy Katatonia (on "Viva Emptiness") equally as much as Rapture, but I think both bands have a different approach and scope for their music.
----
"After silence that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music." - Aldous Huxley
17.03.2009 - 17:32
MeloDeathViking
I love Rapture, I'm glad to see they have some plans instore for 2009. Futile is my favorite album from them. I like all three, but for me Futile always hits me differently than the other two, don't know why.
----
"I am not superstitious, but I'm a little 'stitious." - Michael Scott
29.08.2009 - 22:14
IllOmenNation
Rapture kicks ass! Very underrated. Although the last album didn't compare to the previous. They influence my own music a fair bit.. looking forward to hearing what they produce next.
----
Ill Omen Nation - Great Finnish/Scandinavian Metal! http://www.myspace.com/illomennation
21.09.2009 - 08:14
Jason W.
Razorbliss
Staff
Written by Guest on 16.09.2009 at 23:00

Rapture, give us music to listen!

Yes, I had noticed some movement on their website awhile back, but still waiting It'd be great to ring in 2010 with some of Rapture's gloom... Considering they are working without a label last I knew, I'm sure it will come in due time, and on their own terms which is fine by me.
----
12.10.2009 - 05:23
the stranger
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 16.02.2009 at 09:54

Written by Jason W. on 16.02.2009 at 09:50

There got nothing to do as it has already been pointed out. Also nothing to do with Mourning Beloveth or Evoken.
Rapture is a band that I love. Songs for the withering is one of my favourite albums. Heard it back on 2004 when I was 14 and have fallen in love with it ever since. The Silent Stage was a big dissapointment back on the day I heard it. It's been 4 years ever since so I'll guess that I give it another try my opinion may be different.
I think most people will agree that Rapture lyrics are really good. Well done and elaborate. Also I like the fact that on the booklet of Songs for the withering there are fragments of poems that the band likes or considers an influence. And another fact of the booklet that is interesting is how they say thanks: "Rapture would like to thank friends and family. No names mentioned, none forgotten."
Anyway, getting back to the music, Transfixion is one the most meaningful songs I've heard. Meaningful to me, obviously. The lyrics are great and they have been an inspiration to some writing I've done. Also the bass lines of that song add great textures to the music and the guitars are simple but very melodic like the guitar lines of Forest Of Shadows' Where Dreams Turn To Dust EP.
I'm as many here expecting a new release.
21.11.2017 - 12:19
cobrapel
Concept One
They just announced the re-releasing of all their albums...my huge pile of music is waiting for them!!
Usually these operations means somethings, looking forward for some exciting news