Metal Storm logo
Rate Your Music

31.01.2009 - 18:50
Elio
Red Nightmare
I have recently known a great site where, obviously, creating an account, you can rate every musical work of tons of artist of every genre included there. This site is Rate Your Music. I was wondering if some of the people here know it, I need more recommendations for great music!
----
IntoPlighT said: "Slipknot is 15 years old how the fuck is that Nu metal?"

BEST. QUOTE. EVER.
31.01.2009 - 20:51
Hamird
Lieutenant
I joined there recently. And now I'm adding my albums and votes.
Here's mine
01.02.2009 - 11:51
Elio
Red Nightmare
Written by Hamird on 31.01.2009 at 20:51

I joined there recently. And now I'm adding my albums and votes.
Here's mine

Oh, right, I forgot to post the link of mah page
----

BEST. QUOTE. EVER.
01.02.2009 - 22:11
Fat & Sassy!
Elite
Awesome. I'll have to check this site out.
02.02.2009 - 22:22
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Does Syk knows about that site he shood be member there, seems it for him
I just chacke dit and ehh I even dont rate albums anhymore in MS why I shood rate there?
IMO important are music not rateings and how can I vote for album what I never had hear
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
03.02.2009 - 14:59
Elio
Red Nightmare
Written by Bad English on 02.02.2009 at 22:22

Does Syk knows about that site he shood be member there, seems it for him
I just chacke dit and ehh I even dont rate albums anhymore in MS why I shood rate there?
IMO important are music not rateings and how can I vote for album what I never had hear

ahaha definitely Syk should view this site....
Well if you don't hear an album....you don't rate it
----

BEST. QUOTE. EVER.
08.09.2009 - 19:08
Haddonfield
Chucky's Bride
Here's mine Link
----

"Seasons don't fear the reaper. Nor do the wind, the sun and the rain (we can be like they are)."
08.09.2009 - 19:12
Elio
Red Nightmare
Glad this thread is alive again, but sad that Hamird is not on RYM anymore xD
----

BEST. QUOTE. EVER.
08.09.2009 - 19:15
Haddonfield
Chucky's Bride
Written by Elio on 08.09.2009 at 19:12

We should start a metal army on RYM, take over the world.
----

"Seasons don't fear the reaper. Nor do the wind, the sun and the rain (we can be like they are)."
08.09.2009 - 19:27
Elio
Red Nightmare
Written by Haddonfield on 08.09.2009 at 19:15

Ahah there's a lots of metalheads there tbh but I don't listen to too much metal anymore
----

BEST. QUOTE. EVER.
08.09.2009 - 21:22
Haddonfield
Chucky's Bride
Written by Elio on 08.09.2009 at 19:27

Ahah there's a lots of metalheads there tbh but I don't listen to too much metal anymore

I went through a phase like that where I hardly listened to metal. I got fed up of average bands and good bands becoming average. I seemed to move on the classic rock for a couple of years and this has helped me appreciate many bands I didn't befpre. There is no use fighting these phases but it will be interesting to see how your musical taste evolves over the next couple of years and whether you listen to metal again one day and if it will be the same kind of metal or the metal you knocked before.
----

08.09.2009 - 21:28
Elio
Red Nightmare
Written by Haddonfield on 08.09.2009 at 21:22

I went through a phase like that where I hardly listened to metal. I got fed up of average bands and good bands becoming average. I seemed to move on the classic rock for a couple of years and this has helped me appreciate many bands I didn't befpre. There is no use fighting these phases but it will be interesting to see how your musical taste evolves over the next couple of years and whether you listen to metal again one day and if it will be the same kind of metal or the metal you knocked before.

Cool, well, the evolution is leading to interesting things already...I'm interested in prog, shoegaze, electronic music, even some hip-hop. Many metal bands I used to love before now are worse.
----

BEST. QUOTE. EVER.
08.09.2009 - 21:43
Haddonfield
Chucky's Bride
Written by Elio on 08.09.2009 at 21:28

Cool, well, the evolution is leading to interesting things already...I'm interested in prog, shoegaze, electronic music, even some hip-hop. Many metal bands I used to love before now are worse.

Have you tried listening to Rush and the Moody Blues yet, they are the best prog rock bands in my opinion. If you want some recommendations in different styles just let me know.
----

08.09.2009 - 21:47
Elio
Red Nightmare
Written by Haddonfield on 08.09.2009 at 21:43

Have you tried listening to Rush and the Moody Blues yet, they are the best prog rock bands in my opinion. If you want some recommendations in different styles just let me know.

Only some songs by Rush, while the other band is totally unknown to me. You see, that's also why RYM is so useful, I manage to know a lot of different stuff. I don't have a favorite prog rock band tbh, considering that all King Crimson, Yes, Genesis and so on have brilliant albums and terrible ones.
----

BEST. QUOTE. EVER.
08.09.2009 - 21:58
Haddonfield
Chucky's Bride
Written by Elio on 08.09.2009 at 21:47

Only some songs by Rush, while the other band is totally unknown to me. You see, that's also why RYM is so useful, I manage to know a lot of different stuff. I don't have a favorite prog rock band tbh, considering that all King Crimson, Yes, Genesis and so on have brilliant albums and terrible ones.

Just sent you two recomandations. I agree with that Yes, Genesis, and I'll add Pink Floyd, have good and rubish material. Rush and Moody Blues, I find, tend to be pretty constant. Yes, some of their material is better than other but none is pathetically unbearable.
----

08.09.2009 - 22:06
Elio
Red Nightmare
Written by Haddonfield on 08.09.2009 at 21:58

Written by Elio on 08.09.2009 at 21:47

Just sent you two recomandations. I agree with that Yes, Genesis, and I'll add Pink Floyd, have good and rubish material. Rush and Moody Blues, I find, tend to be pretty constant. Yes, some of their material is better than other but none is pathetically unbearable.

Yeah I noticed, I thanked you there too I'll get them asap
----

BEST. QUOTE. EVER.
08.09.2009 - 22:07
Haddonfield
Chucky's Bride
I'll send you some more over the next few weeks, there's no point in overpowering you with to many records, just let me know what you think of those ones.
----

05.01.2013 - 00:49
IronAngel
These two seem to be long gone from MS, oh well. I know there are some more MSers active on RYM, so 'fess up!

I am, unsurprisingly, known as IronAngel.
05.01.2013 - 01:07
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
Written by IronAngel on 05.01.2013 at 00:49

These two seem to be long gone from MS, oh well. I know there are some more MSers active on RYM, so 'fess up!

I am, unsurprisingly, known as IronAngel.

Is it worth my time? I've be looking for a place to keep track of the shoegaze/punk/indie stuff I listen too.

ah, fuck it, I'll join now.
----
14:22 - Marcel Hubregtse
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
05.01.2013 - 02:14
FinnishSammich
Here's mine
Remember to check my reviews that are detailed as hell.
05.01.2013 - 10:27
Guib
Thrash Talker

Phases like this happens to me ALL the time, but its never a matter of ''years'' Im a ''musical mood'' kind of person, sometimes I feel like spinnin Classic rock for few weeks, other times its oldschool Punk, or Quebec's folk bands... But I always come back to metal eventually lol.
----
- Headbanging with mostly clogged arteries to that stuff -
Guib's List Of Essential Albums
- Also Thrash Paradise
Thrash Here
05.01.2013 - 11:25
IronAngel
Written by FinnishSammich on 05.01.2013 at 02:14

Remember to check my reviews that are detailed as hell.

XD
11.03.2013 - 17:00
Skøllgrim
Northern
I rate my music: Awesome