Metal Storm logo
Mainstream Media Exposed!

Original post

Posted by Konrad, 06.05.2009 - 21:31
The mainstream media corporations have specific agendas and need to be identified for what agendas they really support. The point of this thread is not only to research mainstream media corporations and present FACTS, but also to post videos from youtube or other sources pertaining to these corporations or research the owners of these corporations.

Also, post good alternative media sources which you have found, and help expose the lies which are presented to us on a daily basis.

Example: NBC, or MSNBC is owned by General Electric. President Eisenhower said this about the Military Industrial Complex: http://www.militaryindustrialcomplex.com/eisenhower_farewell_address.asp

They have contracts of TRILLIONS OF DOLLARS with the U.S. to develop weapons.

(These facts eventually leading us to see that MSNBC has a specific agenda when they support the wars we are currently fighting...EVEN if they say they are against it.)

Enjoy the thread, and please inform us about YOUR mainstream media in your countries. I am especially interested to hear about Al-Jazeera.
09.12.2011 - 13:24
Candlemass
Defaeco
"Exposed!" f you never read a book in the human sciences (social psychology, sociology, anthropology etc).
And they do not involve conspiracy theories by the way.

Personally I digest A LOT of different news sources. From Marxist news stations to extreme nationalistic ones, and of course the usual ones (as suggested in any critical thinking guide). I use them to try and evaluate ALL the relevant evidence in order to come to a good opinion on an issue.
All of them are biased in one way or another, and there is no way to generalize about the truthfulness of what they present but on a case to case bases.
A clear example was the coverage of Israeli media of a certain attack on Gaza compared to another news station (there was no sufficient reason to believe Gaza was to blame) I watched or the coverage of Arab news stations which cut certain parts of the interview with Gilad Shalit (avoiding harming a stereotype of an Israeli soldier).
09.12.2011 - 14:39
RockeRoy
Written by Candlemass on 09.12.2011 at 13:24

"Exposed!" f you never read a book in the human sciences (social psychology, sociology, anthropology etc).
And they do not involve conspiracy theories by the way.

what do you mean? all i'm saying is that alternative news sources often comes with conspiracy theories of the same news as the mainstream media calls something else.
An example here in norway is the Terrorist attacs of Anders Behring Breivik on 22. july. Mainstream media let us to belive one thing, but alternative Norwegian news sources like www.nyhetsspeilet.no , writes concpiracy theories as news, like he wasn't alone or it was the goverment that was behind this, etc, etc..
----
You found god? If nobody claims him in thirty days, he's yours

Walk with me in hell
09.12.2011 - 15:21
Candlemass
Defaeco
Written by RockeRoy on 09.12.2011 at 14:39

what do you mean? all i'm saying is that alternative news sources often comes with conspiracy theories of the same news as the mainstream media calls something else.
An example here in norway is the Terrorist attacs of Anders Behring Breivik on 22. july. Mainstream media let us to belive one thing, but alternative Norwegian news sources like www.nyhetsspeilet.no , writes concpiracy theories as news, like he wasn't alone or it was the goverment that was behind this, etc, etc..

No, that's not what I'm saying.
By the nature of the topic, people advocating conspiracy theories will voice themselves - what I'm saying is that I don't appreciate it and no one should.
conspiracy theories are usually speculative at best and at worst deceptive (i.e. unreasonable but appeal to emotion/political prejudice, sometimes to push a certain agenda).
Again, on case to case bases.
10.12.2011 - 15:31
RockeRoy
Written by Candlemass on 09.12.2011 at 15:21

Written by RockeRoy on 09.12.2011 at 14:39

No, that's not what I'm saying.
By the nature of the topic, people advocating conspiracy theories will voice themselves - what I'm saying is that I don't appreciate it and no one should.
conspiracy theories are usually speculative at best and at worst deceptive (i.e. unreasonable but appeal to emotion/political prejudice, sometimes to push a certain agenda).
Again, on case to case bases.

I didn't say you said it, i said all i'm saying!!
----
You found god? If nobody claims him in thirty days, he's yours

Walk with me in hell
10.12.2011 - 15:38
Candlemass
Defaeco
Written by RockeRoy on 10.12.2011 at 15:31

I didn't say you said it, i said all i'm saying!!

lol, OK