Metal Storm logo
Lords Of Chaos - The Movie

In September begins the shooting of the movie based on the book "Lords of Chaos", written by Didrik Søderlind and Michael Moynihan.

"It is a facinating subject, a great visual world, and a funny portrait of Norway", says the producer Stuart Pollok of Saltire Entertainment who is in Cannes to sell the project. "This is a story about teens and youthful energy", says Pollok, who also says that the movie will be in the genre of psychedelic horror.

"Lords of Chaos" is going to be directed by Sion Sono from Japan. Sion has won three movie awards, at the Filmfestival in Berlin, for "Ai no mukidashi" and "Kimyô na sâkasu". The movie will be his first movie in English.

The main role in the movie, Varg Vikernes, will be played by Jackson Rathbone, who acts the vampire Jasper Hale in "Twilight". Rathbone, however, is busy shooting of the third "Twilight"-movie, which may delay the recording of Lords Of Chaos. Pollok confirms that he will cast Norwegian actors as well.

The flick starts production in Norway this September following three years of delays prompted by a lack of funding. Chances are the film will not be getting two thumbs up from Vikernes who, in 2004, took to the Burzum Web site to chide the book's authors.

Calling the book "a pool of mud," Vikernes claimed, "the vast majority of all the statements made in this book are either misinterpretations; taken out of context; misunderstandings; malicious lies made by enemies; a result of ignorance; extreme exaggerations; and/or third-hand information at best. This includes the statements attributed to me.

"This book serves only one single purpose and that is to create a myth around my name and to mystify me," he said. "If that was their objective, they have indeed succeeded with their work. The authors have managed to fill the heads of a generation of metal fans with lies. What could have been a righteous revolt has been made into some pathetic, embarrassing, brain-dead, impotent and traditional poser-culture best exemplified by bands like Dimmu Borgir ? and indeed Venom!"

Source: dagbladet.no
Band profile: Burzum
Posted: 22.05.2009 by Account deleted

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 57   Visited by: 276 users
22.05.2009 - 13:12
TheBigRossowski
This kinda seems like a joke, the guy from Twilight as Varg, lol. Would be interesting to see though!
----
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?
22.05.2009 - 13:17
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
22.05.2009 - 13:31
Ivan
Retired Admin
Elite
The book is quite fascinating, even if you're not into Black metal or any metal at all. I think it actually makes a good material for the movie.
22.05.2009 - 14:05
Spyroid
Rosetta Stoned
Twilight < Varg
22.05.2009 - 14:50
Slayer666
Hmm.... Depending on the way it's done, this can either be a brilliant movie, or a worthless piece of crap. It has a premise that can tottaly work, or fail miserably.
22.05.2009 - 15:05
Varegan
Hamranakara
idiot book! idiot movie!!! idiot varg!!! lol
----
Written by muthafucka on 08.07.2010 at 06:46

"METAL STORM" (LIGHTING STRIKES)
22.05.2009 - 15:36
Damnated
Churchburner
lol at the absence of verbs from this text. "the movie will in genre of psychedelic horror." "The movie will his first movie in English."
----
Blessed is he that murders Christ in himself and in his fellow men.

Written by TheBigRossowski on 10.02.2009 at 16:01

if my wife and I can't conceive, I want a medical shipment of your sperm so our baby will be just like you.
22.05.2009 - 15:47
Krankheit
Account deleted
Written by Damnated on 22.05.2009 at 15:36

lol at the absence of verbs from this text. "the movie will in genre of psychedelic horror." "The movie will his first movie in English."

Ouch! My mistake. I see that I missed some words during the translation of the article.
22.05.2009 - 16:51
ColdasagravE
The book is one of my favorites, but I am somewhat skeptical on how the movie will do, especially with the guy from Twilight.
22.05.2009 - 17:06
Elio
Red Nightmare
Lol will see what happens.
----
IntoPlighT said: "Slipknot is 15 years old how the fuck is that Nu metal?"

BEST. QUOTE. EVER.
22.05.2009 - 17:46
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
I wanna see it realy wanna , but seems its be 2 years after its be out in normal TV, hope Canal+ Swe HD show it
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
22.05.2009 - 18:01
smcl369
Whoop! sounds fun...
22.05.2009 - 19:16
wednesday
What a stupid idea...:thumbdown:
22.05.2009 - 19:38
kaylamacgavin
Well Lords of Chaos has always been one of my favorite books so this should be interesting. Hopefully the rest of the cast will be better.
22.05.2009 - 19:40
Uirapuru
Liver Failure
Quote:
...and a funny portrait of Norway

Why?

And japanese director, should we expect some awesome fighting scenes?
----

----
member of the true crusade against old school heavy metal, early 80s thrash, NWOBHM, traditional doom, first and second wave black metal, old school death metal, US power metal, 70s prog rock and atmospheric doomsludgestoner. o/
22.05.2009 - 20:46
Dane Train
Beers & Kilts
Elite
----
(space for rent)
22.05.2009 - 20:48
ForeverDarkWoods
Written by Uirapuru on 22.05.2009 at 19:40

Quote:
...and a funny portrait of Norway

Why?

And japanese director, should we expect some awesome fighting scenes?

Varg versus Euronymous kung fu scene!

The concept of the movie could work I guess. I'm more leaning towards the possibility of it sucking ass though. I'd say that this movie would have to be made by black metallers for black metallers to actually have a shot at being good. I mean, does this director guy have much knowledge of black metal? Will this even be aimed towards a black metal audience, or will they just try to make a movie that the general person can enjoy? I see a possibility that the movie becomes well recieved among the critics, but actually becomes an object of hate among the members of the actual metal scene.

The concept could work, but I somehow doubt this can actually be good from a black metal point of view. I'll probably still watch it though, as curiosity tends to get the better of me in these situations.
----
Free nations are peaceful nations. Free nations don't attack each other. Free nations don't develop weapons of mass destruction!
- George W. Bush, ex-president of the United States of America
22.05.2009 - 23:06
Smurfophagist
This is fucking ridiculous. They cannot do this. It's blasphemy!!!!
----
Having a signature is an absolute must.
22.05.2009 - 23:49
wednesday
Yeah, nobody respects Varg anymore
23.05.2009 - 00:05
ForeverDarkWoods
Written by wednesday on 22.05.2009 at 23:49

Yeah, nobody respects Varg anymore

More people respect him now than when he got thrown in jail. When he first got busted for popping Euronymous, people were looking to kill him. Now he's got a following again (even if those who idolize Varg today are mostly confused little faggy kiddies) and it also seems that some of the Varg-hate has faded away by now.

Varg's somewhat popular again, and not infamous as being the guy who killed black metal anymore. Stupid little wannabe kvlt kiddies. The fucker is retarded and pretty much killed the second wave black metal scene. He's sure as hell not someone to idolize, even if he made some great music at times. It doesn't change the fact that he's a fucking retard.
----
Free nations are peaceful nations. Free nations don't attack each other. Free nations don't develop weapons of mass destruction!
- George W. Bush, ex-president of the United States of America
23.05.2009 - 00:07
Lord_Regnier
The movie will be based on the book and this book has often been dismissed by BM artists, saying "it's full of lies".

We'll see. But I'm afraid it could well turn out as some way to discredit and condemn BM.
----
"Why would we fear death, when life is so much more frightening?"
23.05.2009 - 00:12
Lord_Regnier
Written by ForeverDarkWoods on 23.05.2009 at 00:05

Varg's somewhat popular again, and not infamous as being the guy who killed black metal anymore. Stupid little wannabe kvlt kiddies. The fucker is retarded and pretty much killed the second wave black metal scene. He's sure as hell not someone to idolize. It doesn't change the fact that he's a fucking retard.

I totally agree.
----
23.05.2009 - 00:13
Glabrezu
This sucks. I should prefer to see him in a concert with all fans when he comes out from prison, and after that all together should burn the nearest fucking church
----
Exploring life
Without fear without feeling
I am one with my torment
And forever blind
23.05.2009 - 00:16
Lord_Regnier
Written by Glabrezu on 23.05.2009 at 00:13

and after that all together should burn the nearest fucking church

What a retarded thing to say. Unless it's a joke, of course.
----
23.05.2009 - 00:56
Elijah
Dance, bitch!
Actually, a martial arts epic about Varg vs Euronymous would be awesome.
----
23.05.2009 - 02:03
Got Mayhem?
Im gonna place a bet on there being a cheesy (non-factual) fight scene between varg and Euro (who willed be played by Elijah Wood?:suicide:)

Black metal will then become the next pop sensation and soon every fucking My Chemical Romance loser will think their Klvt as fuck because they think they know black metal.
They will also pronounce his name as 'Vearg Vickernees"
----
23.05.2009 - 02:17
Richard
Elite
Hopefully it won't come to that, but these days, who knows.. I would prefer a movie like this to sink without trace, only seen by a minority.

I assume Varg himself isn't keen on this idea, and would find it rather ridiculous - and that Euro's family would also be against it.
----
23.05.2009 - 02:51
Mugthulhu
Http://www.burzum.org/eng/library/lords_of_chaos_review.shtml

I do not enjoy the idea of a movie based on a book that doesn't tell the truth about Varg.

Seriously, check out the link that i provided, and you will understand what i mean.
23.05.2009 - 02:55
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Admin
Lol. this should be great.

as for Varg's bullshit take on the book itself - it doesn't "tell the truth" about him because none of his own versions of the truth have remained consistent. dude has altered his story sooooo many times even he (and his delusional fanboi squad) no longer have a clue what happened.

dude might have made interesting music, but he is a fucking jackass. i hope they cast twilight boy in that role just to make a mockery of varg and the vargboi legion.
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
23.05.2009 - 03:03
Got Mayhem?
Ya know...a little makeup and Hellhammer would look a bit like Euronymous. Sure, the acting would be horrible but honestly I don't expect alot from this movie in the first place.
----

Hits total: 12312 | This month: 15