Metal Storm logo
Blood Donation

31.08.2009 - 15:32
Njord
njord
Have anyone gave blood here?
I never did it, but I want to do it soon because I think it could be valuable for someone.
Anyway, I've talked with some people about it and the opinions are very different:

Some people believe that blood it's just too precious to be divided. Other people says that many people who do blood analysis could give blood instead because the principle and the result is similar. I even heard someone complaining that national blood services are just a parallel industry that makes a lot of money selling blood with profit of almost 100%. In the other hand I've heard from old colleagues that the installations the blood services install in public places are not trustful because the environment is not entirely clean.

What's your opinion about all this? Do you really believe in the sentence "give blood, save a life"?
31.08.2009 - 18:06
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Lol I neve rdid it I dunno my blood type either weird so if I be shot I die
I never had done it, but if it sneceserly I will give, I know in Lv if you donate blood , its free food (I hate hospital food) ,but if its neceserly i will do it even I can not look at me , when there nedlle in my wain, I cant look there, I hate injections, after it I need swollow 1 litres of whisky , just cant, but I would do, no metter what, because maybe some day I need same

I belive to it because its truth giving blood you can safe a life
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
31.08.2009 - 18:13
Elio
Red Nightmare
I donated twice already.

It is useful not only for other people that receive your blood (I'm pretty sure of it, since the association I give my blood for has for president the father of an anemic guy), but also for yourself, since you get free blood analysis (they are necessary every now and then) and, on a less serious note, a free breakfast and a day off school.
----
IntoPlighT said: "Slipknot is 15 years old how the fuck is that Nu metal?"

BEST. QUOTE. EVER.
31.08.2009 - 18:16
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Elio on 31.08.2009 at 18:13

I donated twice already.

It is useful not only for other people that receive your blood (I'm pretty sure of it, since the association I give my blood for has for president the father of an anemic guy), but also for yourself, since you get free blood analysis (they are necessary every now and then) and, on a less serious note, a free breakfast and a day off school.

I dont wanna know my blod analisis I live my life Im standing, I dont wanna know tommorow I gonna fall, better I dont know what deasises I have
----

apos;'
[image]
31.08.2009 - 18:33
Himann
Orm KrigGud
I've never donated and dont want to. The thought of it makes me feel somewhat queasy and uncomfortably weak or something. My blood is mine alone as far as I'm concerned. As far as helping others goes, I think they'll have to settle for being helped in some other way. I wouldn't consider donation unless they are close to me.
----
To be Draped by the Shadow of your Morbid Palace. Ohh, Hate Living...The only heat is warm blood

So Pure... So Cold
Transilvanian Hunger
31.08.2009 - 18:44
Ernis
狼獾
I did it once....got a huge chocolate bar...it's very brutal too, for you literally paid with your blood for that chocolate/tea-mug/souvenir....and then you can share the chocolate with other by saying "Eat it....it's my BLOOD!"

My blood's type 0 positive...it basically suits almost everyone....
31.08.2009 - 18:47
ß
Problem?
I've donated blood a few times but it's been awhile. When it comes to my blood type I'm an A positive which is quite common along side O positive.
----
My music blog - Updated regularly.
To live is to think - Cicero
31.08.2009 - 19:10
Ernis
狼獾
Written by ß on 31.08.2009 at 18:47

I've donated blood a few times but it's been awhile. When it comes to my blood type I'm an A positive which is quite common along side O positive.

In Estonia you have to be adult to donate blood, 18 years old, that is....
31.08.2009 - 19:51
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
I have donated blood loads of times back when I was in university. At the time you got paid for giving blood. So what better and easier way to make some boozing money than by giving blood. Don't know if people still get paid for giving blood in this country.

I was also a sperm donor at the time vause that made double the amount donating blood did.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

31.08.2009 - 20:10
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by Ernis on 31.08.2009 at 18:44

I did it once....got a huge chocolate bar...it's very brutal too, for you literally paid with your blood for that chocolate/tea-mug/souvenir....and then you can share the chocolate with other by saying "Eat it....it's my BLOOD!"

My blood's type 0 positive...it basically suits almost everyone....

yeah here i get quite a bit of food coupons(as in, coupons you can, on paper, only use to buy food and non-alcoholic drinks but some stores give you whatever for them they don't care )

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 31.08.2009 at 19:51

I have donated blood loads of times back when I was in university. At the time you got paid for giving blood. So what better and easier way to make some boozing money than by giving blood. Don't know if people still get paid for giving blood in this country.

I was also a sperm donor at the time vause that made double the amount donating blood did.

hahahahah you're my hero man, how much extra money per month did you make?
31.08.2009 - 20:12
Ernis
狼獾
That reminds of a joke about a woman and man meeting in hospital. The man asks the lady what she is doing there. "I'm donating blood. They pay me for it. And you?" The man says "I donate sperm, this brings me a lot more money."
Next time they meet again at the hospital. The man asks the lady "So, came to donate blood again?". The woman shakes her head keeping her mouth firmly shut.

In Estonia one does not get paid. They only offer a choice between chocolate, souvenir and a tea cup.
31.08.2009 - 20:18
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
I asked around and they don't pay for donating blood anymore now you just get a coffee mug.
At the time they paid because there was a huge shortage of donor blood. So they used payment as an incentive.

But then again besides donating blood and sperm I also took part in medical tests which paid quite a lot.
They tested all sorts of medicines on you in hospital (had to stay in there for one to two weeks depending on the sort of tests) and monitored it all. I usually did that before exams, so taking my university books along to study.
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

31.08.2009 - 21:16
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 31.08.2009 at 20:18

I asked around and they don't pay for donating blood anymore now you just get a coffee mug.
At the time they paid because there was a huge shortage of donor blood. So they used payment as an incentive.

In Lv they still pay Ls 5 for one time
----

apos;'
[image]
31.08.2009 - 21:35
tulkas
el parcero
I don't know if here you get paid or anything for donating blood, but I don't think so. You do get paid for sperm donations, though. But I haven't done either.

One thing I'd like to clear up is that, some people say that after you get tattoos you can't donate blood, but I've also heard that this isn't true. Anyone knows?
----
love is like a jar of shit with a strawberry on top
31.08.2009 - 21:48
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by tulkas on 31.08.2009 at 21:35

I don't know if here you get paid or anything for donating blood, but I don't think so. You do get paid for sperm donations, though. But I haven't done either.

One thing I'd like to clear up is that, some people say that after you get tattoos you can't donate blood, but I've also heard that this isn't true. Anyone knows?

same here it was Ls 5 but I never had done it and seems when economical crisis non will pay for it

EDDIT: In Lv you got glass or red wine if you donate blood
----

apos;'
[image]
31.08.2009 - 22:05
Elio
Red Nightmare
Here croissant and coffe/fruit juice the very moment after the donation.

And I haven't said that, I'm A+
----
IntoPlighT said: "Slipknot is 15 years old how the fuck is that Nu metal?"

BEST. QUOTE. EVER.
31.08.2009 - 22:06
Stuart
MiseryKing

But then again besides donating blood and sperm I also took part in medical tests which paid quite a lot.
They tested all sorts of medicines on you in hospital (had to stay in there for one to two weeks depending on the sort of tests) and monitored it all. I usually did that before exams, so taking my university books along to study.

in UK, you only get 20 quid for donating sperm + travel expenses, hardly even worth it.
31.08.2009 - 22:09
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by Stuart on 31.08.2009 at 22:06

in UK, you only get 20 quid for donating sperm + travel expenses, hardly even worth it.

20 quid and travel expenses for a quick wank is worth it for me. That's 2 cd's earned by spanking the monkey.
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

31.08.2009 - 22:26
Stuart
MiseryKing
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 31.08.2009 at 22:09

20 quid and travel expenses for a quick wank is worth it for me. That's 2 cd's earned by spanking the monkey.

yeah, but then theres probably waiting and all time traveling, i reckon if you add it all together it probably comes out less than minimum wage. regarding blood, i don't think they'd take mine its probably unhealthy as fuck.
01.09.2009 - 00:36
Bloody Rain
I Am The Night
I have given blood a total of 15 times. I find that donating blood gets easier and easier the more you do it. The first time I donated I wasn't sure and I was very nervous but now I can do it without even thinking about it.

In my country you don't get paid money to give blood; however, I still find that it's very rewarding. It's nice to know that I'm actually doing some good in this world.
01.09.2009 - 01:00
Ernis
狼獾
Written by Stuart on 31.08.2009 at 22:26

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 31.08.2009 at 22:09

yeah, but then theres probably waiting and all time traveling, i reckon if you add it all together it probably comes out less than minimum wage. regarding blood, i don't think they'd take mine its probably unhealthy as fuck.

You know, in fact one person cannot donate sperm more than a small number of times, in a small country maybe only once in a lifetime...logical reason....it's going to be sick if there'll be loads of kids grown of your seed running around and possibly meeting each other and having kids in the future....
01.09.2009 - 01:16
Valentin B
Iconoclast

20 quid imo is.... quite a fucking lot.. who cares if you don't have minimum wage, what a perfect world would it be where you would jack yourself off for living hahaha

@Marcel weren't those tests dangerous for your health?
01.09.2009 - 01:54
Stuart
MiseryKing
In the UK there is some kind of limit but you can still do it quite often. 20 quid is like 6 beers... i guess if you're hard up or a student... actualy i don't think i'd like to have kids of mine running around like that.
01.09.2009 - 01:55
Ag Fox
Angel No More
Elite
I tested my blood last summer when I did work shadowing in the haematology department of a hospital just for fun. It turned out that I've got the rarest blood type AB (+) and the blood they took from me saved a baby

@Marcel
what you said about donating blood and getting money for it reminds me of those horrifying reports in China where you get those poor ppl wanting money and donate money for it all the time earning them the name "blood slaves"
----
loves 小巫
01.09.2009 - 13:49
Powerslavex
Alexskywalker
I think donating blood can help alot of people, but for me i havnt and never will donate my blood cause i never trust the donating centers they never seem clean enough and with all the blood everywhere Disease is a bound to happen IMO
01.09.2009 - 14:49
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by Ag Fox on 01.09.2009 at 01:55

I tested my blood last summer when I did work shadowing in the haematology department of a hospital just for fun. It turned out that I've got the rarest blood type AB (+) and the blood they took from me saved a baby

wait, AB is a universal recipient, that means if you're in trouble anyone can give you blood as long as he/she has the same RH thingy, so you're not that rare, rarest of all would be AB negative which still wouldn't be too bad considering all you have to do is get blood from someone with a negative RH
01.09.2009 - 16:17
Ag Fox
Angel No More
Elite
Written by Valentin B on 01.09.2009 at 14:49

Written by Ag Fox on 01.09.2009 at 01:55

wait, AB is a universal recipient, that means if you're in trouble anyone can give you blood as long as he/she has the same RH thingy, so you're not that rare, rarest of all would be AB negative which still wouldn't be too bad considering all you have to do is get blood from someone with a negative RH
I am Asian, so pretty much by default I can't be Rh negative
about the universal recipient, yes, AB+ can, but only if you are talking about Red Blood Cells
but if I am short of Blood Plasma, I can't get it from other types, so really it works in both ways
----
loves 小巫